KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Michelle MacLaren To Direct Wonder Woman

Michelle MacLaren To Direct Wonder Woman
Started by: Golgo13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

Her biggest movie was Monster, which gave Charlize Theron her Oscar. She'll do fine.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2015 11:42 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Golgo13
Her biggest movie was Monster, which gave Charlize Theron her Oscar. She'll do fine.

It was her only movie (and a small one), twelve years ago.

Your positivity in the face of every DC/Warners misstep is truly inspiring, I must say. roll eyes (sarcastic)

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Apr 18th, 2015 11:48 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by roughrider
It was her only movie (and a small one), twelve years ago.

Your positivity in the face of every DC/Warners misstep is truly inspiring, I must say. roll eyes (sarcastic)

And? She's done TV work as well. What makes you think she'll do a bad job? Oh, yeah, that's right, because she's attached to a DC project. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Apr 18th, 2015 11:57 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Oh, yeah, that's right, because she's attached to a DC project. roll eyes (sarcastic)

And where exactly are you getting that idea from?

Old Post Apr 19th, 2015 12:27 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Kazenji
And where exactly are you getting that idea from?

Just look at his past posts. Everything seems to be negative related to WB/DC.

He didn't think anything would be produced from WB that isn't Batman/Superman related , yet even before DC's 10 movie slate was announced I claimed that they would announce something big soon. He called me crazy. Yet, here we are. Wonder Woman has a director, Suicide Squad is coming right AFTER Batman V Superman, and we've been getting a slew of shows that aren't Superman/Batman related.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2015 12:34 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

And he also pointed out how Patty Jenkins pulled out of Thor the Dark world over creative differences, Who's to say that won't happen again?

Old Post Apr 19th, 2015 12:46 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Kazenji
And he also pointed out how Patty Jenkins pulled out of Thor the Dark world over creative differences, Who's to say that won't happen again?

I never said it wouldn't or couldn't happen.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2015 12:52 AM
Darth Thor

Whilst you seem to be overly positive with every move they make. A bit strange considering their track record.

Once they give us a few well received superhero movies in the DCCU, then most of us will be happy to share your positivity.

But they have to earn that first, and not just be given our blind trust for the sake of it.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2015 01:49 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Whilst you seem to be overly positive with every move they make. A bit strange considering their track record.

Once they give us a few well received superhero movies in the DCCU, then most of us will be happy to share your positivity.

But they have to earn that first, and not just be given our blind trust for the sake of it.

I'm positive, because of my predictions I have made so far. Looking back at the old posts in the other thread makes me laugh.

"Ben Affleck?! This movies going to be a mess!" "This movies going to be a trainwreck!"

Seriously? Now that we've seen the pics and a trailer, people aren't talking shit anymore. Well, most people so far. laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 19th, 2015 02:39 AM
Femi32

If they wanted a character driven story they should have hired a better actress.

I was thinking that the other day. We have no choice but to hope Gadot can actually pull it off.

I'm positive, because of my predictions I have made so far. Looking back at the old posts in the other thread makes me laugh.

"Ben Affleck?! This movies going to be a mess!" "This movies going to be a trainwreck!"

Seriously? Now that we've seen the pics and a trailer, people aren't talking shit anymore. Well, most people so far. laughing out loud

I'll admit I wasn't keen on Affleck, but he does bring directorial and story experience to the table. He's also a very intimidating looking Batman. I still stand by my other opinions, though.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2015 03:53 AM
Femi32 is currently offline Click here to Send Femi32 a Private Message Find more posts by Femi32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Femi32
I was thinking that the other day. We have no choice but to hope Gadot can actually pull it off.

I'll admit I wasn't keen on Affleck, but he does bring directorial and story experience to the table. He's also a very intimidating looking Batman. I still stand by my other opinions, though.

Those are good points on Affleck. She brings this up, too.

Last edited by Senor Cage on Apr 19th, 2015 at 04:38 AM

Old Post Apr 19th, 2015 04:35 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

He didn't think anything would be produced from WB that isn't Batman/Superman related , yet even before DC's 10 movie slate was announced I claimed that they would announce something big soon.

The point I have made repeatedly is that DC & Warners have made announcements - a lot of announcements - over the past decade plus, ever since Marvel kicked their movie making into overdrive. And that making announcements doesn't mean anything; making the actual movies is what matters, in the end. Announcing in 2012 a Justice League movie would come over by 2015, when it just was at attempt to look busy and steal some publicity away from Avengers - other blinkered fans may forget, but I don't forget (especially when it repeatedly happens.) They made too many announcements and delivered too few films by comparison. But, tortuously, they are on the track now to get the second film out in a shared DC universe, with the third one being filmed as we speak (Suicide Squad.) It's overdue, but it's happening. I give them credit for the films that are made and are coming, not for the years of empty press conferences beforehand.

I've never trolled the hiring of Ben Affleck. I shrugged and said Okay, they want a veteran Batman who's a bit older, see what happens with that.

I noted Michelle MacLaren's lack of feature experience and questioned if it was a stunt hiring, but was willing to give her a chance. This talk of wanting to hire another director quickly so the schedule isn't compromised - that's what happened with X-Men 3, once. I hope this doesn't backfire.

When Marvel announces projects years in advance, I believe them because they have a track record of delivering. DC/Warners is only gradually getting the benefit of the doubt from me, now. Forgive me for not being the ray of sunshine Golgo 13 always seems to be. big grin

Old Post Apr 19th, 2015 07:01 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

The point I have made repeatedly is that DC & Warners have made announcements - a lot of announcements - over the past decade plus, ever since Marvel kicked their movie making into overdrive. And that making announcements doesn't mean anything; making the actual movies is what matters, in the end. Announcing in 2012 a Justice League movie would come over by 2015, when it just was at attempt to look busy and steal some publicity away from Avengers - other blinkered fans may forget, but I don't forget (especially when it repeatedly happens.) They made too many announcements and delivered too few films by comparison. But, tortuously, they are on the track now to get the second film out in a shared DC universe, with the third one being filmed as we speak (Suicide Squad.) It's overdue, but it's happening. I give them credit for the films that are made and are coming, not for the years of empty press conferences beforehand.

I've never trolled the hiring of Ben Affleck. I shrugged and said Okay, they want a veteran Batman who's a bit older, see what happens with that.

I noted Michelle MacLaren's lack of feature experience and questioned if it was a stunt hiring, but was willing to give her a chance. This talk of wanting to hire another director quickly so the schedule isn't compromised - that's what happened with X-Men 3, once. I hope this doesn't backfire.

When Marvel announces projects years in advance, I believe them because they have a track record of delivering. DC/Warners is only gradually getting the benefit of the doubt from me, now. Forgive me for not being the ray of sunshine Golgo 13 always seems to be. big grin

I agree that they have announced and not done projects in the PAST, but WB is under new management. One who finally sees that these properties can make them some money. All I'm saying is that you can't compare different CEO'S. The only way we're not getting a Aquaman or Cyborg movie is if JLA or Batman V Superman bombs. I doubt that will happen.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2015 07:18 AM
Darth Thor

The only way we're not getting a Aquaman or Cyborg movie is if JLA or Batman V Superman bombs. I doubt that will happen.

Oh no it doesn't depend on those 2 bombing as they both have Batman and Superman.

Cyborg, The Flash and Aquaman's fates depend solely on the success or failure of Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman.

If those 2 fail the other 3 won't be happening. Just like when Green Lantern failed their plans for other superhero films (not called Batman or Superman) eye halted.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2015 11:28 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Oh no it doesn't depend on those 2 bombing as they both have Batman and Superman.

Cyborg, The Flash and Aquaman's fates depend solely on the success or failure of Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman.

If those 2 fail the other 3 won't be happening. Just like when Green Lantern failed their plans for other superhero films (not called Batman or Superman) eye halted.

Yeah, that's true. I doubt SS will bomb though. I can see it reaching 600-700 m. Thankfully will Smith is still somewhat big overseas.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2015 04:33 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Batman fanboys alone will pretty much guarantee Suicide Squad won't bomb with the Joker & Harley Quinn ties.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2015 05:45 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Suicide Squad is the next test subject, because the last time they went outside of Batman & Superman it was Green Lantern. But it needs to happen and it needs to be a hit. They might have hedged their bets sticking in Harley Quinn and the Joker - just like Wonder Woman is getting shoved into BvS, despite no above title credit for her - but whatever works. Diana is getting her own feature despite the director issue (and I believe the studio won't back out this time), so all's good in the hood.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2015 07:28 PM
Darth Thor

Suicide Squad is the next test subject, because the last time they went outside of Batman & Superman it was Green Lantern. But it needs to happen and it needs to be a hit. They might have hedged their bets sticking in Harley Quinn and the Joker - just like Wonder Woman is getting shoved into BvS, despite no above title credit for her - but whatever works. Diana is getting her own feature despite the director issue (and I believe the studio won't back out this time), so all's good in the hood.

thumb up

Let's just hope they're great films. We'll find out over the next 2-3 years.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2015 08:00 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

thumb up

Let's just hope they're great films. We'll find out over the next 2-3 years.

what if they are simply just good films not necessarily great films?

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 19th, 2015 09:30 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
what if they are simply just good films not necessarily great films?

Lol That'll do.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2015 10:36 PM