KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Guillermo del Toro’s Justice League Dark/Dark Universe

Guillermo del Toro’s Justice League Dark/Dark Universe
Started by: Golgo13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

quote: (post)
Originally posted by pym-ftw
The general audience don't know the JLA not to mention the subsequent variations.

JLD could be great but without a pedigree it's not gonna make huge money.

Gotg had a huge marketing budget and Marvel's audience trust to aid them, WB would be in a dice roll situation with JLD.

WB will be spending mucho dinero for their DC properties in the next several years as well. JLD won't make Batman/Iron Man money, but it could very well do Thor numbers which would be good.

Nonetheless it's waaaay too early to predict how much this movie will do without a trailer or marketing campaign.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 08:39 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Golgo13
WB will be spending mucho dinero for their DC properties in the next several years as well. JLD won't make Batman/Iron Man money, but it could very well do Thor numbers which would be good.

Thor 2 numbers would be good. Thor 1 numbers would not be good enough Imho, considering all the characters and special effects, it will need a big budget, and a lot of marketing considering they're not known at all, and DC doesn't have that same trust with movie-goers that Marvel has.

But whatever the numbers, I do have faith in Del Toro to make a great movie depiction of this team. The numbers the studio's problem (well it's out problem if we want a sequel). But I'm more bothered about the Quality of the film, which I'm sure Del Toro will deliver with.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 01:10 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Thor 2 numbers would be good. Thor 1 numbers would not be good enough Imho, considering all the characters and special effects, it will need a big budget, and a lot of marketing considering they're not known at all, and DC doesn't have that same trust with movie-goers that Marvel has.

But whatever the numbers, I do have faith in Del Toro to make a great movie depiction of this team. The numbers the studio's problem (well it's out problem if we want a sequel). But I'm more bothered about the Quality of the film, which I'm sure Del Toro will deliver with.

Well, it depends on the budget. Thor 1 numbers for JLD for the FIRST time would be good, IMO. As long as a sequel is green lit and it's received well, JLD 2 will make more money. You can't always expect unknowns to make a lot of money the first time around. It worked for GOTG, but that's not always a guarantee, IMO.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 08:39 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

The Gotg made money based on the company that made it, WB doesn't have that relationship right now.

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Nov 30th, 2014 03:58 AM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

The Gotg made money based on the company that made it, WB doesn't have that relationship right now.

They could if Batman V Superman and the rest of the shared universe movies are good. And it's looking like it will be that way, seeing as they keep hiring good directors.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2014 04:00 AM
pym-ftw
Mizukage

BvS is going to make money regardless, but unless WW makes money I can't see WB branching out very far. I mean rumors suggest the suicide squad will just be a bunch of big name characters that have nothing to do with the actual SS.

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Nov 30th, 2014 04:01 PM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

BvS is going to make money regardless, but unless WW makes money I can't see WB branching out very far. I mean rumors suggest the suicide squad will just be a bunch of big name characters that have nothing to do with the actual SS.

Casting for Suicide Squad has been fantastic! They got Margot Robbie who IS NOT an A list actor. At least not yet. Tom Hardy (If they can get him) is also not an A list actor.

Whether or not WW makes money remains to be seen. Too early to predict.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2014 10:05 PM
Darth Thor

BvS is going to make money regardless, but unless WW makes money I can't see WB branching out very far.

It's not really about how much money they make, but more to do with how good they are Imho.

Like you said BvS will make money regardless. But if that sucks, then consumer confidence will be at a pretty low level when it comes to other DC movie products.

Same with WW. They both need to be good films. As does SS, then consumer confidence will be high for DC movie products, and then they will be at that stage where anything they put out will make lots of money.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2014 10:55 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
It's not really about how much money they make, but more to do with how good they are Imho.

Like you said BvS will make money regardless. But if that sucks, then consumer confidence will be at a pretty low level when it comes to other DC movie products.

Same with WW. They both need to be good films. As does SS, then consumer confidence will be high for DC movie products, and then they will be at that stage where anything they put out will make lots of money.

Do you think Suicide Squad will be good? Or is it too early for you? What does your gut say?

Old Post Nov 30th, 2014 11:10 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Golgo13
Do you think Suicide Squad will be good? Or is it too early for you? What does your gut say?

I think David Ayer is the right man for the job. So yeah my gut says it will be good.

It's the Directors vision (implemented by talented actors) which makes films what they are after all.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2014 11:17 PM
Senor Cage

Things to come?

http://collider.com/guillermo-del-t...on-2-interview/

quote:

Right now the only sort of shared universe project I’m working on is Dark Universe for Warners, you know, for DC, which is Swamp Thing, Demon, Deadman, Zatanna. It’s a very different universe.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2014 10:22 PM
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

Bump.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2015 12:24 AM
Henry_Pym is currently offline Click here to Send Henry_Pym a Private Message Find more posts by Henry_Pym Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote