KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Was the Sentry weakened during his battle with WWH? One_Angry_Scot vs Carver9

Was the Sentry weakened during his battle with WWH? One_Angry_Scot vs Carver9
Started by: One_Angry_Scot

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Badabing
Karen

Supermex PMed he decision. His vote goes to Carver.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Dec 5th, 2014 08:30 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
So do we wait?

PM it to Bada.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Dec 5th, 2014 08:32 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermex
NIGHT NIGHT MITCH'S!!

Thanks Bada lol

The Money-Shot did awesome trying to get his arguments across, but (Carter) lol edged it out.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2014 08:39 PM
Supermex is currently offline Click here to Send Supermex a Private Message Find more posts by Supermex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

DarkSaint85 PMed he decision. His vote goes to One Angry Scot.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Dec 5th, 2014 08:57 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

will post my decision tomorrow sometime (MAYBE tonight if i get a chance to sit down....)

Old Post Dec 5th, 2014 09:08 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

well, since the others are in and i had some unexpected free time, i guess i'll post here.

ima go with carver (collective gasp from forum.... lol)

i think he raised some good points, but i should also add a small caveat. one scot def had a point, i just don't think it was a really defensible point. to the direct question--do i feel sentry had MORE power to put into the fight? yes, i think he could have unleashed more than he did--in fact, he seemed about ready to do so. but....that would seem to indicate that one scot was right leo!! wtf??

well, here's why i think he's wrong--bob unleashed as much power as he was safely able to unleash while remaining in character. had he gone full-planet destroyer, that would have been ooc imo and would likely have led to the void.

i equate it to this--do we say thor holds back every single time he does NOT go into warrior madness?

no, we don't--or we shouldn't.... more apropo, do we say every time hulk doesn't go full on wbh do we say HE was holding back...? again, no, (though there IS some irony here... shifty )

using that standard, i don't think bob was holding back at all.

i also don't buy the mental illness angle--he was fighting his own battle, and he won that battle when he left the room and joined the battle. carver was right on about the illness ALWAYS being present to some degree. i think in this battle though he finally overcame it, as fully as he ever has at least, so i don't see it having been a weakness at all here, as evinced by his willing to lose the last shards of control he was holding on to. beyond that, there is the simple question about just how much more he had to give, and would even it have been enough? i also don't think we need to look at any sources outside the arc directly being spoken of to understand the full scope of bob's mental state as relates to THIS arc.

convoluted answer for what was a tricky question. both were right in part imo, but based on the intent of the story (as i see it) sentry was going as all out as he could while remaining 'sentry the hero' (as opposed to the void, or a planet-destroyer or perhaps sentry the suicide victim), so i agree more with carver in this case.

just my 2 cents because it was asked. good job gents.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 12:17 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Stop derailing this thread (not directed at you Leo). Good battle One Angry. By the way, I didn't lie about anything, well, not purposely. I had a great deal of scans together but I wasn't organized at all since I was kind of rushed into the battlezone. So I made a mistake ONCE and said something happened beforehand. Glad Scot corrected that part which is why I kept it pushing. I wish i had more time to get everything organized but I didn't. Thanks everyone for taking the time. All of the judges that were chosen are great and respectable posters (i respect Leo almost more than anyone on KMC so even if he voted against me, i would have thumbed up his post. Love the guy (yes homo). With that said One Angry did an amazing job...thanks for the debate. Thank you to all and Enz, everyone here knows that you think Sentry held back against everyone...he is your fave. No need to put your two cents in this thread. Thingy, lol, just stop.

Last edited by carver9 on Dec 6th, 2014 at 12:39 AM

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 12:35 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermex
NIGHT NIGHT MITCH'S!!

Originally posted by leonidas
but.....i don't care if you agree with my vote. so, you one of those who say every time thor doesn't go into warrior madness he's holding back? i could just say since hulk wasn't wbh he was holding back. you agree with that....?

and of course it matters if he's in character. least imo. like it matters in those other examples.

also, nice job taking your own advice about not arguing in a bz that is not your own. no expression

Im in agreement

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 12:37 AM
Supermex is currently offline Click here to Send Supermex a Private Message Find more posts by Supermex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Also, thanks Bada for participating as well.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 12:38 AM
Supermex
NIGHT NIGHT MITCH'S!!

Big props to (One-Angry)

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 12:40 AM
krisblaze

Good job to the both of you.

I think both got their point across well enough, though I think Angry Scot suffered from the mere description of the topic. It is the wording of the BZ.

Had he been arguing that Sentry was not his all the power at his disposal, then I think most people would already have agreed.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 12:59 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

I still had to counter Carvers post.

I hadn't finished my count yet.

Carver was to counter my post then I would counter his.

Last edited by One_Angry_Scot on Dec 6th, 2014 at 01:42 AM

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 01:40 AM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

I will even show you PM's Carver sent to me and I sent to him.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 01:50 AM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

I made this PM. And made a mistake thinking the BZ was over, Carver still hada counter.

(please log in to view the image)

So I was cool with it.

He even acknowledges it will be one of my last posts

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 01:54 AM
One_Angry_Scot
----

I don't think this BZ is fair without a vote being cast after I have responded to Carvers final argument.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 01:55 AM
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Regardless, Carver went out of order, posted extra times and Scot did not finish his point.

Vote was decided before BZ was finished with debate.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 02:17 AM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

I sense Lizard treachery behind this outrage!

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 02:19 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn

Bada has been sick, I doubt its anything other then real life takes presence. I am appalled with Leo and Supermex though for their absolute horrible behavior, they didn't even know what was going on. DS was the only one who had any idea.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 02:23 AM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn

No problem with the lizard.

I feel sorry for him having to wade through this mess up.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 02:24 AM
One_Angry_Scot
----

Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Scot I would not reply to anyone else regarding the BZ. They are trying to enter the BZ without you finishing your debate.

Guess so.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 02:26 AM