KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Street Fighter 5

Street Fighter 5
Started by: Demonic Phoenix

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Demonic Phoenix

Street Fighter 5

(please log in to view the image)

Can't find the teaser trailer.

EDIT: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2bts57_videogames

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Dec 5th, 2014 03:47 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Nah I'll just wait for Super Street Fighter V: Hyper Edition (Game of the Year Version)

Or one of the other 4 releases before that one

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Dec 5th, 2014 04:26 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Capcom pissed me off with the "real ending" DLC of Asura's Wrath, not to mention multiple versions of SFIV.

I'll wait.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Dec 5th, 2014 04:51 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

In before Capcom breaks exclusivity contract.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Dec 5th, 2014 05:47 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

It looks like Street Fighter 4.

They must be really hurtin' for money.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Dec 5th, 2014 06:36 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I can see it like this:

Sony: How about an exclusive?
Capcom: Sure, how about Street Fighter 4..... I mean Street Fighter 5?
Sony: Deal, here is millions of dollars.

I will be very surprised if this an exclusive for very long. I'm guessing 6 months or so.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2014 07:42 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

I honestly have no idea why they won't make an open world Street Fighter RPG game where you choose one of the many fighters, or create your own, and wander the world fighting, and learning moves to add to your arsenal. This is just another one of those, I beat the boss, and unlocked all of the characters, now what Games.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2014 08:21 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

These games are about the competitive multiplayer. The game you propose would be a whole different genre, and while people may like it, it isn't what the fanbase Street Fighter caters to wants.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Dec 5th, 2014 08:23 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stoic
I honestly have no idea why they won't make an open world Street Fighter RPG game where you choose one of the many fighters, or create your own, and wander the world fighting, and learning moves to add to your arsenal. This is just another one of those, I beat the boss, and unlocked all of the characters, now what Games.
That game already exists.

It's called "Resident Evil after 3." thumb up

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Dec 5th, 2014 09:08 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Lek Kuen
These games are about the competitive multiplayer. The game you propose would be a whole different genre, and while people may like it, it isn't what the fanbase Street Fighter caters to wants.

In the US, this kind of game was a hit in an arcade setting, but now that the arcades are nearly extinct, this idea is as well. Well as far as I'm concerned. Besides why would it be so hard to make it an RPG, while also being able to choose multi-player for one on one battles? I mean Street Fighter has never evolved, and it's just the same game over, and over again with prettier graphics.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2014 09:46 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

In the US, this kind of game was a hit in an arcade setting, but now that the arcades are nearly extinct, this idea is as well. Well as far as I'm concerned.

Online is the new arcade room. It's actually boosted tournament attendance for many games.

If you don't like fighting games, that's fine. Just saying, the scene is alive and well.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2014 11:40 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The teaser's already been taken down.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 12:42 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Fun.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 02:30 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Yamcha
Desert Bandit

The SF series is easily my favorite fighting game franchise, I remember it being one of my first games on the Super Nintendo but I never really liked fighters back then cause the whole you beat the boss and it's over thing, that is until just a couple years ago I gave 4 a try and realized how much I actually enjoyed fighting games when I knew what I was doing, an understood the mechanics behind the moves. Seriously idk what it is but actually getting to play ONLINE, testing my skills against this mystery opponent who's somewhere striving to win just as much as me, an then that feeling if you capture the victory? Amazing.

Idk it really woke me up to how much I actually like fighters xD

Since then I've played a slew of them and like a couple others as well, but SF will always be my go to series if I want a fighter smile. WITH THAT BEING SAID, I hope this is AFTER 3, I'm curious how strong Ryu has become after his training with Oro.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 04:55 PM
Yamcha is currently offline Click here to Send Yamcha a Private Message Find more posts by Yamcha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Apparently Sony's involved in the development, and thus it will actually not be available on Microsoft's console.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Dec 7th, 2014 09:29 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

In the US, this kind of game was a hit in an arcade setting, but now that the arcades are nearly extinct, this idea is as well. Well as far as I'm concerned. Besides why would it be so hard to make it an RPG, while also being able to choose multi-player for one on one battles? I mean Street Fighter has never evolved, and it's just the same game over, and over again with prettier graphics.

The engine and the technical aspect of the game has changed quite a lot depending on the game. It has evolved fine, if you don't like it there are many different games, why bother with SF at all?

Old Post Dec 7th, 2014 10:13 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Apparently Sony's involved in the development, and thus it will actually not be available on Microsoft's console.
OUCH.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Dec 7th, 2014 10:16 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

That's one average game the Xbone will be missing sad

Old Post Dec 7th, 2014 10:20 PM
Demonic Phoenix

Guard Breaks, bounces, wall-breaks, different stances due to super bar (?). Wonder if anything new will be original.

I know Guard Breaks have appeared before in the main SF games, but the rest hasn't right?

Old Post Dec 7th, 2014 10:26 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I'm surprised that Sony had a hand in development.

It makes sense for Tomb Raiders to take the money from MS to get exclusive rights for a certain amount of time but this situation? Not sure what's going on.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2014 11:03 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote