KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Street Fighter 5

Street Fighter 5
Started by: Demonic Phoenix

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Too much like the Free to Play games.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2015 02:13 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
Too much like the Free to Play games.
Still a lot better than being forced to buy the new updates/chars and splitting the community.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jul 19th, 2015 08:55 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

How is that any different to when they released Street Fighter 2?

Old Post Jul 20th, 2015 06:46 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

...wat

Old Post Jul 20th, 2015 07:59 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by Zack Fair
http://www.destructoid.com/capcom-a...medium=facebook

Great news: Street Fighter V DLC can be unlocked for free or you can pay to unlock them for free.
I realize now that last typo/wtf "free" could have caused confusion. I meant unlock them faster.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2015 08:27 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I know they're saying you get in game cash to unlock things or do it with real money

wouldn't it still be forcing the people to get the things?......like you got some things unlocked meanwhile another group has more things unlocked then you.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2015 08:40 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

...You want the game to remain stale? SF5 will have multiple iterations as they tune up the game play and roll out gameplay balance. Its an option. What is wrong about giving players the option to just get the shit for free? Even if it means playing 10,000 hours it is still much better than the approach they had with SF4 . And they said the gameplay balances/updates will be available to everyone. So apparently the content we can pay/game for will be stuff like characters and costumes.

Last edited by Zack Fair on Jul 20th, 2015 at 09:00 AM

Old Post Jul 20th, 2015 08:55 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

This will be a better approach then what they had with SF4?....wtf

this is going backwards falling in line with what hot with alot of the Facebook & Mobile games in regards to getting alot of the characters and costumes.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2015 09:36 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by Kazenji
This will be a better approach then what they had with SF4?....wtf

this is going backwards falling in line with what hot with alot of the Facebook & Mobile games in regards to getting alot of the characters and costumes.
Looks to me like you just want to complain for no reason.

This is way better than the SF4 approach because it does not force you to spend money to keep up with balance changes and even new chars. In SF4 you were completely locked out of the new balances and therefor the pool for people to play with got smaller and smaller the more updates came out. Not to mention we will get to unlock the new chars eventually.

I honestly don't understand you. DId you even play SF4 or any of the updates?

SMH.

Last edited by Zack Fair on Jul 21st, 2015 at 08:41 PM

Old Post Jul 21st, 2015 08:31 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yeah Kaz, wasn't expecting you of all people to complain about free content.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2015 09:28 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Birdie's gonna be my main, Ryu as support.

Birdie's gotta lot of coverage. Range, armor, speed... I don't really see any major weakness. His chain throw attack can even be canceled or switched to aerial. The Super cancel to V-Trigger does insane damage. The only downside is the slow recovery time when he throws that soda can on the floor.

Ryu's the best striker in the game and has the highest damage output per hit. 3-4 strong hits take out almost half of your opponent's health. But his combos and juggling moves are still limited, basic, and easy to counter/parry.

Oh yeah, and I like how projectiles don't chip you to death anymore. About damn time.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Last edited by AsbestosFlaygon on Aug 4th, 2015 at 07:54 AM

Old Post Aug 4th, 2015 07:45 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Vega was revealed. **** it! lol.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2015 12:45 AM
Demonic Phoenix

Also, Laura's hawt.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Oct 29th, 2015 09:46 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Jan 31st, 2016 09:06 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RLAAMJR.
Ororo Munroe's Boyfriend

Alex is DLC character for SFV.

I want Ingrid.

(please log in to view the image)

The Month of May is Ororo Munroe aka Storm Month!

Best Storm site: http://storm-goddess.webs.com

Old Post Feb 10th, 2016 02:17 AM
RLAAMJR. is currently offline Click here to Send RLAAMJR. a Private Message Find more posts by RLAAMJR. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Clever on the story mode dlc.

I can imagine some hotshot exec thought "Hmm, the hardcore tournament players always upgrade, but what about the casuals? What incentive do they have to trade up from IV?

They really seem to like movie cut scenes.. Yeah, that's the ticket. Bigger and better.then Injustice and Mortal Kombat combined!"

You think they would have done this if it was multiplat? I don't.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2016 07:48 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Yamcha
Desert Bandit

So is anyone else having trouble connecting to the server right now? I literally can't connect what so ever no expression.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2016 03:32 AM
Yamcha is currently offline Click here to Send Yamcha a Private Message Find more posts by Yamcha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Yamcha
Desert Bandit

Ugh NVM. (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 17th, 2016 03:40 AM
Yamcha is currently offline Click here to Send Yamcha a Private Message Find more posts by Yamcha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I've been doing training mode a lot since online is dead right now.

Gotta say that what the devs have been saying about how the game is more accessible is definitely true. It's much easier to do basic combos in this game. Having a 3 frame buffer to do links vs 1 frame makes such a difference, it's much more forgiving.

I also really like the V trigger mechanic. Big improvement over the focus attack imo, in that each character's V trigger moves are unique to them.

Overall I'm liking what I'm seeing. Looking forward to playing online when they get their servers in order.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2016 04:06 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shin Mars

Anyone looking forward to AE in the coming year? I plan on taking it to the barcade about 30 minutes from where I live.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 06:45 AM
Shin Mars is currently offline Click here to Send Shin Mars a Private Message Find more posts by Shin Mars Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote