KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro
You haven't substantiated any of your claims though.

Really, I just want you to stop being such a whiner about it. You weren't nearly so opposed to the idea until someone decided to wreck Thor.

Which was something that no one, not even feminists, asked to be done, as far as I know. Some might have jumped on the bandwagon when it already became a thing, but did feminists force it onto Marvel?
I'll stop making a big deal about an issue when that issue stops being destructive, and under-recognized.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2014 04:38 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Just don't expect anyone to take you seriously when you don't substantiate your claims on that issue. thumb up

Old Post Dec 20th, 2014 04:49 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Sometime in 2015, I'm betting near the end of the year, because Nintendo works on these things for a long time, but we'll see.

I'm down for that. I'm between this, Hyrule Warriors, Majora's Mask and Smash, it's a good time to be a Zelda fan.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2014 09:59 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

so how come there isn't a donkey kong game where DK is a woman?

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2014 06:11 PM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Because Donkey Kong is a character that is a male.

Although there already are two donkey kong games in which the main protagonist is Dixie Kong...

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2014 07:43 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

donkey kong and donkey kong jr are different characters. Why can't ther be a DK the third who has a more feminine touch?

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2014 07:47 PM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Are you not...are you for real?

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2014 09:03 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

what? Giving an aesthetic change to a popular video game icon for kicks and giggles isn't a good idea? If changing DK or Mario Or samus to opposite genders doesn't fly, why is the fact that zelda lore has a bit more wiggle room the green light to change a franchise icon?

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2014 09:39 PM
ares834

That "bit more wiggle room" is the whole reason they could make the change. They've drastically changed the franchise icon before anyway so it's not like this would be the first time. Anyway, I'm not for or against making Link a girl (although I would prefer it to the effeminate guy we are getting in the new game), but lets not pretend its similar to changing DK to a girl or Samus to a dude.

Last edited by ares834 on Dec 22nd, 2014 at 09:49 PM

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2014 09:45 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

but thats what I don't get. You could find ways to make the change for other video game characters with a hint of imagination, but because zelda covers thousands of years, its suddenly ok. Why?

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2014 09:50 PM
Quincy
Debaser

If you'd like a female donkey kong, that's cool man. I'd still play it as long as it's cool. But if you're trying to imply that there is no difference between the Donkey Kong franchise timeline and the Legend of Zelda plot, you're off-base.

If you want a female donkey kong, you have on in Dixie Kong. If you just want a female monkey named Donkey Kong also, that's...cool too. Power to ya.

Put the Legend of Zelda's main character Link is different in every game. Different timelines, different realities presumably. If you genuinely dont see that that concept doesn't lend itself to change easier than changing the gender of an existing character, you may have some logic issues.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2014 09:51 PM
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

just because you can doesn't mean you should.What is there to gain? His lore might not be as stable, but his character is just as iconic.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2014 09:55 PM
NemeBro

Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
donkey kong and donkey kong jr are different characters. Why can't ther be a DK the third who has a more feminine touch?
As in, Donkey has a daughter that he names Donkey for some weird reason?

Sure man. That's fine.

Mario can't be changed to a female because it's the same character in each game. Same with why Samus can't become a female.

Link has had differences in appearance in just about every game he's been in, and is often an entirely different Link. So there's not really any reason there couldn't be a female Link.

I mean, I don't really give a **** about female Link, nor am I so much of an insecure pussy that Link being feminine-looking bothers me, but I honestly don't see any issue with a female Link.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2014 09:56 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

but thats what I don't get. You could find ways to make the change for other video game characters with a hint of imagination, but because zelda covers thousands of years, its suddenly ok. Why?

Zelda works because you are playing as different characters throughout the series. Link is reincarnated it isn't the exact same dude everytime.

For the other characters you brought up your going to need a magic sex changing ray or the character to go under the knife...

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2014 09:56 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

in Mario i don't see a magic sex changing ray to be an impossibility. I'm pretty sure one already exists somewhere in the Japanese versions.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2014 09:59 PM
NemeBro

Then I am pretty okay with a female Mario. *shrugs*

People who appeal to tradition are pussies.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2014 10:00 PM
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

people who ignore traditions have no backbone.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2014 10:02 PM
ares834

in Mario i don't see a magic sex changing ray to be an impossibility. I'm pretty sure one already exists somewhere in the Japanese versions.

Fair enough. Then if it was done in a tasteful manner, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2014 10:04 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I'm assuming the continuation of Link's lineage always comes from sleeping with the current gen Zelda. If that's true, it'd be more than just Link getting the snip as it would be donated and shipped off to make a prince. I wonder if they would call the game Zelda still and not Legend of...Zed.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2014 10:10 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

people who ignore traditions have no backbone.
What takes more courage: following the same path as everyone else, or going your own way?

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2014 10:11 PM