KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

What are peoples hopes and expectations for this?
quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro
People who appeal to tradition are pussies.
Nintendo for the most part?

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2014 10:55 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

What takes more courage: following the same path as everyone else, or going your own way?
In this case, going your own way means following tradition. The 'hip' and PC thing to do right now would be to cave in to SJW (and neckbeard) demands and make Link a woman for no other reason than to appease them. This is what I am against.

NATE has this correct. There's no reason to change a gaming icon thirty years later due to misplaced pressure. We already know girls can be heroes, we have Samus.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Last edited by ScreamPaste on Dec 23rd, 2014 at 12:28 AM

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2014 12:22 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

You're assuming ulterior motives that you haven't proven to exist.

"Misplaced pressure" lol.

Anyway, another, more obvious solution is to have the option to choose between a male and female Link at the start of the game. This makes the likelihood of Link's gender being a big deal much smaller.

I mean really, other than muh tradition, why not? It's ****ing harmless.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2014 01:04 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I just can't play Pokemon games since I was given the option of being a female trainer, f_ck that!

Nah, I play Pokemon all the time and my avatar is a 10 year old girl in a dress

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2014 07:29 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

You're assuming ulterior motives that you haven't proven to exist.

"Misplaced pressure" lol.

Anyway, another, more obvious solution is to have the option to choose between a male and female Link at the start of the game. This makes the likelihood of Link's gender being a big deal much smaller.

I mean really, other than muh tradition, why not? It's ****ing harmless.
We also don't have female Link currently, so no, I guess those motives do not currently exist at Nintendo in any observable way, which is good. Nintendo has always done their own thing regardless of what people say, and that gives me hope.

And we already spoke about having the option at the beginning of the game to choose, and you know I'd be fine with that, because by definition the plot has to be the same for both characters, so that would be fine as long as the only thing that changes is pronouns.

It's not 'muh tradition', it's 'keep destructive, agenda pushing narrative wank out of media I enjoy'

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2014 08:01 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

This game actually looks decent. I'd love to argue Dragon Age Inquisition vs. Zelda Wii U in the future. Dragon Age is such a badass fictional universe. Love to see Corypheus rape Ganondorf and Hyrule's fatass.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2015 12:36 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Netflix is supposedly making a live action legend of zelda series.

i made a thread about it here.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f36/t608357.html

Old Post Feb 6th, 2015 10:56 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jun 14th, 2016 06:27 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Impediment

What the f*ck, some ass holes are seeing this and bitching about the graphics. My 8 yr. old self wants to leap forward in time and beat them to death with my SNES "Link to the Past" cartridge.

Game looks great.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2016 06:37 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Looks breathtaking, if you ask me.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2016 06:43 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

It basically looks how Zelda should look. It has that look and feel of it.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2016 06:44 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by Surtur
What the f*ck, some ass holes are seeing this and bitching about the graphics. My 8 yr. old self wants to leap forward in time and beat them to death with my SNES "Link to the Past" cartridge.

Game looks great.

Probably the stuttering frame-rate. Reminds me of Shadow of the Colossus, and we all know how that game was received.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Jun 14th, 2016 06:55 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

It looks like legrnd of zelda survivor man.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2016 07:10 PM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

I saw Link wielding a frigging huge axe in Nintendo's playthrough of it today.

Looks amazing.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2016 07:13 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Now people are bitching because the game has actual voice acting.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2016 08:26 PM
CosmicComet

Lol

Old Post Jun 14th, 2016 08:38 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Looks great

Old Post Jun 14th, 2016 09:45 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Impediment
Now people are bitching because the game has actual voice acting.

We sort of had it before..I'm sure you remember:

HEY...LISTEN!!!

F*cking fairies.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2016 10:38 PM
Impediment
Endless

F*cking Navi.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2016 10:59 PM
ares834

As expected, this looks phenomenal.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2016 11:18 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote