KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Not stoked about your weapons breaking though. Thats a personal pet peeve i can't stand in video games.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2016 12:52 AM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

True, breaking melee weapons just seems like pointless busy work.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2016 02:38 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
As expected, this looks phenomenal.
Kiss ass.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2016 04:23 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

I sadly think my interest in Zelda and Nintendo in general is at an all time low. The more I age the more it seems that Nintendo doesn't change with the times; at least not fast enough.

For instance, If I want a Zelda fix I'll just play some Dark Souls, Elder Scrolls or Witcher games. They do what Zelda does but better and more mature themed nowadays.

Breath of the Wild is an open world game!!! Um; okay? There have been a billion of those by now. You'll need more than crappy cell shaded graphics to impress me. Sure, there are some things that look cool about it; but I just am a little upset that Nintendo REFUSES to make a true HD Zelda game with a more mature theme in mind. Oh well, there is always the other games I mentioned.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Jun 17th, 2016 12:31 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Nintendo doesn't make "mature" games. Just cause you add a bunch of blood and prostitutes doesn't make a game any better.

That being said, the more i look into this game the more hesitant i become...

Old Post Jun 17th, 2016 12:42 PM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
Just cause you add a bunch of blood and prostitutes doesn't make a game any better.
Blood and Prostitutes are NOT what make a game like The Witcher great.

When I said mature games and themes I'm more talking about the TONE and STORY of the game.

For instance, Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone is basically a very clever retelling of the Polish version of the Faust story . It compares religion and superstition of today's real world setting to the times of old. There is weight and thought that MUST go into your decisions and it feels almost more like a great movie than being a great game at times.

Yet, Zelda keeps focusing on cartoon characters with no depth and a fairly shallow story. And that's FINE. It's absolutely fine because Zelda is and always has been more for all gamers than the adult crowd. So it has to be more kid friendly.

But yah, I read all the books to the Witcher series and blood and prostitutes were the least exciting thing to me.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Last edited by CPT Space Bomb on Jun 17th, 2016 at 01:05 PM

Old Post Jun 17th, 2016 01:03 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

I can agree there's a maturity difference but saying some other games do "Zelda" better than ZELDA does is silly

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jun 17th, 2016 02:24 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by Quincy
I can agree there's a maturity difference but saying some other games do "Zelda" better than ZELDA does is silly
You're right, I should have prefaced it by saying "In my opinion". I'd prefer to play games that are more centered around my interests/stories and the tones of games are very important to me.

Unfortunately, Zelda hasn't aged with it's gamers. I grew up with Zelda, and for many years considered Ocarina of Time to be my favorite game of all time. But I've grown older and my interests have as well. Zelda is still content to be primarily a game for kids/teens and young adults.

Obviously there are things that Zelda started and the modern action RPG genre in general owes A LOT to Zelda. But I dunno, I'm just not into it anymore and it sucks.

Very glad for people that Enjoy it still though. More power to you.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2016 03:28 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

For me Zelda has always been the one thing for me about Nintendo that I always still liked as I grew up. The other big Nintendo games like Mario just didn't do it for me. I loved Mario 64 and still do, but since then I have not had that same feeling playing other Mario games.

But they would always at least deliver quality Zelda, and it's neither mature nor is it just for kids. I like Dark Souls, but I just think the "Ocarina of Time" game is a masterpiece. Ocarina for me is the greatest in the series, followed by Link to the Past and then probably Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. Funny thing is I actually hate all the Zelda games that were on NES. Link to the Past is what got me into the series.

I actually do feel it has aged well..more or less.

Last edited by Surtur on Jun 17th, 2016 at 04:40 PM

Old Post Jun 17th, 2016 04:37 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
You're right, I should have prefaced it by saying "In my opinion". I'd prefer to play games that are more centered around my interests/stories and the tones of games are very important to me.

Unfortunately, Zelda hasn't aged with it's gamers. I grew up with Zelda, and for many years considered Ocarina of Time to be my favorite game of all time. But I've grown older and my interests have as well. Zelda is still content to be primarily a game for kids/teens and young adults.

Obviously there are things that Zelda started and the modern action RPG genre in general owes A LOT to Zelda. But I dunno, I'm just not into it anymore and it sucks.

Very glad for people that Enjoy it still though. More power to you.

thumb up

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jun 17th, 2016 05:15 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

new trailer gives off a studio ghibli vibe. I dig it

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 08:10 PM
Impediment
Endless

BotW is getting perfect 10s all around.

I'm still not buying a Switch, though. I'll dust off my Wii U, instead.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2017 05:22 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/ga...tered?sort=desc

brb first game on new console
brb already in top 5 highest rated games of all time
brb two Zelda games in the top 5

GOATs gon GOAT

(please log in to view the image)

PWNT

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2017 05:41 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Wherever paste is, i hope he is happy.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2017 05:50 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Hype. I was expecting it to fall in the mid to low 90's on metacritic not 98. I didn't even think scores like that were possible anymore.

Anyway, I'm picking this and the Switch up tonight. I can't wait!

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2017 06:16 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by ares834
I'm picking this and the Switch up tonight. I can't wait!
Damn your lucky. Chits sold out where I am, even if I was on a budget to buy a new console and game right now. I'm green with envy

PWNT

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2017 06:36 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Seems I got to buy a switch

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2017 07:52 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Originally posted by Impediment
BotW is getting perfect 10s all around.

I'm still not buying a Switch, though. I'll dust off my Wii U, instead.

Same.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2017 08:03 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

http://www.polygon.com/2017/3/2/147...tch-dlc-support

DLC support? Expansion Pass? Zelda? These should not exist together WTF.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2017 09:30 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I can outgrow Nintendo and all the gimmicks, but I definitely cannot get over Zelda. Now I find myself trying to find a cheap Wii U to play this ****ing game -_-

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Mar 5th, 2017 07:54 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote