KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

This game is fuking great thumb up

Old Post Mar 12th, 2017 09:00 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Holy shit, I'm watching the newest Jimquisition and the clips he's showing make the weapons look like they're made of paper. The most extreme weapon durability system I've ever seen. The fvck?

Is it only for common weapons or something because man thats borderline unsustainable levels of breaking.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2017 06:19 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

The weapons break often. But there are so many of them, it never becomes a problem.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2017 07:28 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Kinda sounds like that is the problem.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2017 07:30 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

It's really not; I don’t understand the complaints myself. It’s like ammo in a shooter. It’s actually quite fun as long as you don’t get too attached to a certain weapon.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2017 07:55 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

So there is no Master Sword that's just unbreakable? That's as much part of LoZ as Link and Zelda themselves.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2017 08:19 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: No, it’s in the game. When it is used in certain areas or against certain opponents it glows, deals double damage, and is unbreakable. Otherwise, it “loses power” instead of break which means you can’t use it until it charges again which takes about 10 minutes.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2017 08:43 PM
emporerpants

This game is incredible. Haven't had this kind of sense of adventure in a game since I was a kid.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 03:11 PM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I just ordered the Wii U version from my local Best Buy and it should be ready for pick up in about 20 minutes.

I can't wait!

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 04:30 PM
Impediment is online now! Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emporerpants

Have fun man! This game is something special. Nintendo really out did themselves this time. Remember playing games back in the day and seeing things in the back ground and thinking "man, it would be cool to do there and climb that or investigate that, etc.?" Well, this game really delivers on that. In many other open world games you can go everywhere sure, but you still can't climb certain mountains, get to the top of certain things, etc. Well, in this game you can, and you get rewarded for doing it. There are secrets and chests everywhere.

This game does a awesome job with making interesting environments that are fun to explore and are aesthetically pleasing.

The little touches are also amazing. Blocking arrows with a wooden shield and then plucking them out to use them. Throwing a metal weapon into a group of enemies during a lighting storm and having one of them pick it up to use against you only to be struck by lighting for holding something metal. Watching a giant enemy pick up a smaller enemy to use as a weapon because I stole it's weapon. All of these kinds of things add to the sense of wonder.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 05:27 PM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Just got to Kakariko Village and I'm starting to get a little lost. Ha ha.

Great, great game, though.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2017 05:24 AM
Impediment is online now! Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emporerpants

It just keeps getting better. smile In this game just getting from point A to point B on the map really does feel like an adventure.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2017 01:42 PM
Impediment
Endless

I have only four heart containers and I cannot defeat the Ganon boss of the elephant machine.

How do I get hearts, but fast?

Old Post Mar 17th, 2017 03:17 AM
emporerpants

It's not really going to be fast. You have to explore and go to shrines and collect spirit orbs. Take some time to explore. I didn't do that first real dungeon until I had explored a lot. Also, find a great fairy fountain and upgrade the soldier armor you can buy from Haeinto (sp?) village in the east.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2017 12:53 PM
ares834

Finally beat the game after 60 hours. All in all, a fantastic game. One of the best I've every played.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 04:25 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2017 05:40 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

This game is fantastic. Its insane how consistently good the franchise has been for more than 25 years.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Mar 30th, 2017 06:15 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

I don't get how people can rush to this game as fast as possible to finish it.
Every new Zone I unlock I tried to explore every nook and cranny before I even proceed to the next zone.
Then I revisit zones when I'm doing side quests or if I missed a shrine.
I don't see the point in just going from A to B just to finish the main quest quickly.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2017 05:58 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I am taking my sweet time. I've explored over 7/10th the world(at least the towers)

Old Post Mar 31st, 2017 03:16 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

This game has finally dethroned OoT as GOAT Zelda and top 3 games of all time for me. I always held OoT on such high regard for long because of how polished and revolutionary it was at the time. Mechanics so good that not only did they completely change the world of gaming, but they continued to be solid even after 20 years. However what Breath of the Wild has done with its open world is just so impressive to me. I am not that fond/crazy over Open Worlds but I just openly want to explore every single square inch of this world. Feels so unique and real in a sense that it ain't just copy pasted crap all over the place. Feels like these are real places with history behind them. The presentation and visuals of the world tell the story by themselves. Its hard to explain. Not to mention the superb combat(DuH its a Zelda after all) which is one of my big gripes with most Open World games, And I have to praise the clever decision to split all the huge mazes/puzzles from the big dungeons found in previous games and use them to populate the open world.

This game is just...Breath of Fresh Air.

Last edited by Zack Fair on Apr 9th, 2017 at 08:47 AM

Old Post Apr 9th, 2017 08:41 AM