KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Playstation Vita Games

Playstation Vita Games
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

Final Fantasy Games Pt. 4

Attachment: 2015-10-27-130831.jpg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Oct 27th, 2015 05:14 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Chrono Trigger & Chrono Cross

Attachment: 2015-10-27-130801.jpg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Old Post Oct 27th, 2015 05:14 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

http://postimage.org/

This site will let you keep all those images in one post. Just upload them. Did you ever give Persona 4: Golden a try?

Old Post Oct 27th, 2015 05:20 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StyleTime
http://postimage.org/

This site will let you keep all those images in one post. Just upload them. Did you ever give Persona 4: Golden a try?
The problem is, I am on my vita, which doesn't have Copy and Paste.

Thats also the reason I can't update any of my respect threads.

Anyway, saw it got fantastic reviews. But no, I often get bored of any RPG, I do enjoy Action-RPG's though.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2015 05:24 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Jmanghan
The problem is, I am on my vita, which doesn't have Copy and Paste.

Thats also the reason I can't update any of my respect threads.

Anyway, saw it got fantastic reviews. But no, I often get bored of any RPG, I do enjoy Action-RPG's though.
How do you have pretty much all the popular turn based rpgs that are really old but you won't try any suggestions in this thread (Persona)?

Because a lot of those Final Fantasy's are severely lacking compared to some things mentioned here

Also heard the Ys series is good for action rpgs

Last edited by One Big Mob on Oct 28th, 2015 at 11:52 PM

Old Post Oct 28th, 2015 11:50 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by One Big Mob
How do you have pretty much all the popular turn based rpgs that are really old but you won't try any suggestions in this thread (Persona)?

Because a lot of those Final Fantasy's are severely lacking compared to some things mentioned here

Also heard the Ys series is good for action rpgs
Chrono Trigger and FF:VI/FF:IV. One of those three are the best RPG ever made, in history.

Nothing can even TOUCH It.

Persona 4 Golden isn't even the best Shin Megami Tensei game.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2015 01:59 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

Chrono Trigger and FF:VI/FF:IV. One of those three are the best RPG ever made, in history.

Nothing can even TOUCH It.

Persona 4 Golden isn't even the best Shin Megami Tensei game.
You've got FF 1-10-2 and a bunch of spinoffs. I said a lot are lacking, not everyone was lacking. erm

If you think every FF is a better game than Golden then I don't know what to tell you. Also lol at 4 being untouchable.

Also you haven't even played Persona 4 anyway. It looks odd is what I'm saying when you flaunt like 20 FF games and then shoot down other turn based rpgs because they're turn based and you get bored of turn based rpgs. Especially when before the timer FF had some of the most basic combat you can have... even with the timer for that matter.

Doesn't really make sense to me.

But yes the mainline SMT is better than Persona. Still doesn't mean it isn't better than half the Final Fantasy games released.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2015 02:35 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

You've got FF 1-10-2 and a bunch of spinoffs. I said a lot are lacking, not everyone was lacking. erm

If you think every FF is a better game than Golden then I don't know what to tell you. Also lol at 4 being untouchable.

Also you haven't even played Persona 4 anyway. It looks odd is what I'm saying when you flaunt like 20 FF games and then shoot down other turn based rpgs because they're turn based and you get bored of turn based rpgs. Especially when before the timer FF had some of the most basic combat you can have... even with the timer for that matter.

Doesn't really make sense to me.

But yes the mainline SMT is better than Persona. Still doesn't mean it isn't better than half the Final Fantasy games released.
Calm yourself, dude. I never bashed the Persona games, I know that Persona 4 Golden might be the best vita RPG released.

Admittedly, the reason I like Final Fantasy is because of the Lore. The Lore of Final Fantasy, all the Light Warrior stuff, Light vs Darkness is intriguing.

If the story is good, thats great, but I'm more of a dude that likes getting his hands on characters and making them do amazing things. One of the reasons that Open-World games are my favorite genre is just because of that, the rich, open world to explore. Stuff like GTA, Saints Row, and an MMO-style game gets me pumped.

One of the things you'll notice is how highly I speak of Final Fantasy: Dissidia Duodecim. I could speak about how much I love the mainstream games, but Duodecim has brought me far more joy then anything else in the main games, all the flips, dodges, counters and stuff just amuses me.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2015 04:39 AM
Spawns
Cheeky Bastard

I enjoy playing the binding of Isaac rebirth on vita

Thanks SCRIBS!!!

Old Post Oct 29th, 2015 03:45 PM
Spawns is currently offline Click here to Send Spawns a Private Message Find more posts by Spawns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Calm yourself, dude. I never bashed the Persona games, I know that Persona 4 Golden might be the best vita RPG released.

Admittedly, the reason I like Final Fantasy is because of the Lore. The Lore of Final Fantasy, all the Light Warrior stuff, Light vs Darkness is intriguing.

If the story is good, thats great, but I'm more of a dude that likes getting his hands on characters and making them do amazing things. One of the reasons that Open-World games are my favorite genre is just because of that, the rich, open world to explore. Stuff like GTA, Saints Row, and an MMO-style game gets me pumped.

One of the things you'll notice is how highly I speak of Final Fantasy: Dissidia Duodecim. I could speak about how much I love the mainstream games, but Duodecim has brought me far more joy then anything else in the main games, all the flips, dodges, counters and stuff just amuses me.
Very calm. Just don't understand the point of this thread when you don't listen to any suggestions and deny them based off pretty arbitrary reasons.

Had you not liked them because of the modern day japan like schoolgirl drama shit, that'd be another reason (also the dating sim aspect is offputting). But everything that applies to your like of FF is also applicable to Persona 4. But with a murder mystery spin (that will get spoiled if you've ever read about the game).

Just seems up your alley if you like every FF. It might not be your ideal game based on your gotta go fast approach to games but it's probably the biggest reason to get a Vita... especially for someone who likes FF.

Also you might like Freedom Wars if you like flipping around stuff. It gets way too grindy after you beat the story but it's fun till then. Also on sale a lot.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2015 11:37 PM
Jmanghan

Very calm. Just don't understand the point of this thread when you don't listen to any suggestions and deny them based off pretty arbitrary reasons.

Had you not liked them because of the modern day japan like schoolgirl drama shit, that'd be another reason (also the dating sim aspect is offputting). But everything that applies to your like of FF is also applicable to Persona 4. But with a murder mystery spin (that will get spoiled if you've ever read about the game).

Just seems up your alley if you like every FF. It might not be your ideal game based on your gotta go fast approach to games but it's probably the biggest reason to get a Vita... especially for someone who likes FF.

Also you might like Freedom Wars if you like flipping around stuff. It gets way too grindy after you beat the story but it's fun till then. Also on sale a lot.
I was planning on Freedom Wars sooner or later, odds are I am gonna get Persona 4 Golden at SOME point, just not anytime soon.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2015 11:42 PM
Jmanghan

There are TONS of awesome games I wanna get on my vita, that I'm pretty sure my 64gb card might not even be able to handle.

Dragon's Crown, Rogue Legacy, mountains of fighting games, tons of PSP games.

There's so much in the game library its impossible to ignore.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2015 11:44 PM
Jmanghan

I just got Castlevania: SoTN on my vita.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2016 11:08 PM
Bentley
Seitei

It seems they are launching a new RPG called I Am Setsuna on PSVita and PS4 at the same time, it seems like a decent launch for the system from Square.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Mar 15th, 2016 12:08 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Bentley
It seems they are launching a new RPG called I Am Setsuna on PSVita and PS4 at the same time, it seems like a decent launch for the system from Square.
Didn't they do the same thing with Toukiden???

Aren't they going to do it AGAIN with Toukiden 2??

Old Post Mar 16th, 2016 06:39 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

Didn't they do the same thing with Toukiden???

Aren't they going to do it AGAIN with Toukiden 2??
That was just PS4 stealing exclusives to bloat its library. It's actually quite giggle worthy how many games PS4 has taken from the Vita and PS3

Now it appears they're making the PS4 versions at the same tiime.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2016 01:26 PM
Jmanghan

I just binged on games.

Bought both God of War PSP games for my vita, GTA: Vice City Stories, Terraria, Chrono Trigger (PSone Version), and Dragon's Crown.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2016 04:10 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

thumb up Dragon's Crown is a great co-op RPG.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2016 08:54 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
thumb up Dragon's Crown is a great co-op RPG.

I just finished Hard Mode.

I don't exactly have any friends irl who have a vita, and Dragon's Crown, and the Online Community is inactive on the Vita, despite it being made for the damn thing.

I've heard good things about Dragon's Dogma: Quest if you can get your hands on it.

Also, if you're a MOBA kinda guy, Invokers Tournament might be for you.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2016 11:44 PM
Jmanghan

Has anyone tried Xcom: Enemy Unknown on the vita?

Old Post Jun 8th, 2016 06:44 AM