KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Savage Opress runs a saber gauntlet

Savage Opress runs a saber gauntlet
Started by: Marco1907

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Pretty much. thumb up

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 02:25 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sunday night is my favourite time to debate. Or when I'm on the toilet.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 02:25 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
Their thinking is that Savage is a brutish thug while Revan is a tactical genius with excellent precog.
Key words being "their thinking".

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 02:26 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Their thinking is that Savage is a brutish thug while Revan is a tactical genius with excellent precog.

I think his foresight is more tactical based than force based.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 02:26 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aurbere

http://youtu.be/n7gR0dj9X6o?t=6s

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 02:28 AM
Click here to Send Aurbere a Private Message Find more posts by Aurbere Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by Emperordmb

(please log in to view the image)
Revan probably uses both the tactical and Force variant.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 02:30 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

le sigh

Savage's combat methods are typically quite overt, I can agree, but to assert that his mind for combat is so basic that he'd be at an inherent disadvantage against Revan is lowballing IMO. He is tactically capable, but people are still in the lala land of Savage being nothing other than a moron waving a stick around.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 02:31 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

If Echani are masters of Battle Precog, how does it work for the Force to be involved?

Originally posted by ILS
Words

It's not just Savage being brutish, so much as Revan being a genius.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 02:32 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

If Echani are masters of Battle Precog, how does it work for the Force to be involved?

Hence why I said (and Wookieepedia agrees) there are different variants.
KotOR2TSLPG directly states Battle Precognition is also a Force power.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 02:33 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Yeah, the entire description of the Echani foresight makes me think of Sherlock Holmes (Robert Downey Jr.) more than anything else.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 02:35 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

And you disagree?
I believe Revan's precognitive abilities will aid him in combat, for sure, but then proficient telepaths like Plo Koon also have an inherent form of battle precog and that didn't stop Savage from beating him.

And I also believe Savage isn't as stupid as people make him out to be. The problem I believe is that people stack Savage up against the absolute best duelists they can think of and nip on about how badly Savage would be stomped or how unskilled he is in comparison to whoever they're comparing him to - but, no matter how outclassed he is by someone like, say, Dooku, that doesn't mean he's inherently an idiot with no mind for combat. You're just comparing him to the best person you can find instead of comparing him to who is in the thread at hand. It's like comparing GSP with Batman. Is GSP utterly outclassed by Batman as a combatant? Yes. Is he a brutish retard? Not really, relatively speaking. The same goes with Savage. Being able to pressure Kenobi, counter-strike Ventress, duel evenly with Plo Koon whilst being at a disadvantage and having the tactical awareness to take off his mask, are all showings to suggest he's a good fighter.

Regardless of whether it's in terms of sheer skill or overall fighting ability, I see Savage as having better dueling accomplishments than Revan.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 02:38 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by ILS
Regardless of whether it's in terms of sheer skill or overall fighting ability, I see Savage as having better dueling accomplishments than Revan.

They aren't even comparable accomplishments wise: http://www.comicvine.com/profile/da...overview/97613/

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 02:39 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's not just Savage being brutish, so much as Revan being a genius.
Kind of changed your answer here, but I think Revan's tactical genius is being exaggerated in this thread one way or the other.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 02:39 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by ILS
but I think Revan's tactical genius is being exaggerated in this thread one way or the other.

You deny Revan is the greatest Force-sensitive tactician in the mythos?

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 02:41 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
They aren't even comparable accomplishments wise: http://www.comicvine.com/profile/da...overview/97613/
What in particular are you putting above the feats I've referenced for Savage? I've read the thread.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 02:41 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
You deny Revan is the greatest Force-sensitive tactician in the mythos?
That is besides the point. I'm talking about Revan's tactical ability relative to this thread, not if he's the greatest in the mythos.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 02:42 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by ILS
What in particular are you putting above the feats I've referenced for Savage? I've read the thread.

Revan's Star Forge feat infinitely places him above being slaughtered by Kenobi even with the aid of Maul.
Revan's victory over Mandalore and conquering of the Sith Academy are also among pivotal moments in history.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 02:43 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by Emperordmb

Obviously. Every Jedi has force-based precognition of some degree.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 02:53 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

thumb up Just not Revan's degree. wink

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 02:55 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

As far as I know, Revan doesn't have any actual standout feats with precognition. Really, Scourge's is much moreso.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 03:10 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote