KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dying Light

Dying Light
Started by: Estacado

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Estacado
Legendary

Bankai.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2015 04:40 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Estacado
Free DLC....

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?...e=2&theater

Looks good. Gold weapons will be fun to hunt for. Just need to get my Ninja costume first.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2015 04:50 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Ultimate Survivor pack is ass....
The costumes are cool but the new weapons do like 80-100 damage.....
My worst weapon does 1400...

Bankai.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2015 01:37 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Bow and racing cars?
Yes please...

Bankai.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2015 01:44 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Nice!

Bankai.

Old Post May 15th, 2015 08:21 AM
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

I must admit it, I am enjoying this game immensely. Next pay, I will be getting Bozak Horde. In the meantime, I am doing a New Game + on Hard Mode.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Jun 20th, 2015 08:39 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Yup!
Great game!
Its really under rated IMO.

Bankai.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2015 10:29 AM
One_Angry_Scot
----

Originally posted by Estacado
Yup!
Great game!
Its really under rated IMO.

Have you played Bozak Horde yet mate? If so it it good?

Old Post Jun 20th, 2015 10:54 AM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Nope not yet.
From the looks of it its a bunch of time based challenges.
Completing them rewards you with the Bozak Bow and different arrow types.

Bankai.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2015 11:07 AM
Estacado
Legendary

wrong thread....

Bankai.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2015 10:41 AM
Estacado
Legendary

New dlc with vehicles a map bigger then the other 2 combined and "much more"...posted on fb site cant post link on phone atm.

Sounds promising though.

Bankai.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2015 05:01 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I didn't know Dying Light needed a bigger map. I liked the size but I guess because of vehicles then they would have tooo....

But I don't know. The most amount of enjoyment was from the free running aspect of the game. Hell, they made it the main focus of it. I wonder if vehicles will turn this game into a Dead Island ish type of game.....

I played about 20 hours of the game and I enjoyed how I started to remember sections of the map to a point where I didn't need the compass. It started to make the area you explore memorable. Increasing the size and adding vehicles will remove that part of it and I don't think the benefits will be there.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2015 05:20 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Yeah the whole free running was insanely fun that's why DL is one of my fave games.
Played 93 hours in story and about 6 in be the zombie.

Btw how did you like the game?

Bankai.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2015 10:50 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I enjoyed it. I never got to finish it but I will probably pick it up on sale or something.

The free running is the star of the show. Weapon combat was OK. I liked how the night brought a different aspect to it and made it worthwhile to venture out because of the added boost in XP.

Overall, it's a solid game. Not the best but not bad either.

But the more I think about it the more I don't agree on the size of the map and vehicles for the exp pack. The best parts of Dying Light was free running areas and learning all the little tricks to get you around faster. Especially helpful during the night.

I rather have a memorable map instead of a generic huge map. Shadows of Mordor was perfect in that way. I could never get into Just Cause 2 because of that reason as well.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2015 12:12 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Damn these parkour fever challenges are pain in the ass...

Bankai.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2015 08:37 AM
Estacado
Legendary

Originally posted by Smasandian
I enjoyed it. I never got to finish it but I will probably pick it up on sale or something.

The free running is the star of the show. Weapon combat was OK. I liked how the night brought a different aspect to it and made it worthwhile to venture out because of the added boost in XP.

Overall, it's a solid game. Not the best but not bad either.

But the more I think about it the more I don't agree on the size of the map and vehicles for the exp pack. The best parts of Dying Light was free running areas and learning all the little tricks to get you around faster. Especially helpful during the night.

I rather have a memorable map instead of a generic huge map. Shadows of Mordor was perfect in that way. I could never get into Just Cause 2 because of that reason as well.

No worries man...
This looks phuckin intense!!!!

Bankai.

Last edited by Estacado on Aug 13th, 2015 at 04:44 PM

Old Post Aug 13th, 2015 04:39 PM
Arachnid1

Jesus this game is fun. Nowhere near as mediocre as I thought it would be. I started it a few days ago and am about to leave the first area after the pit. I cant believe it took me this long to get into this.

I started my first run on hard mode. It's been hard, but rewarding. I like the fact that I actually fear the night time and cant easily destroy a horde of zombies. Other survivors especially are pretty difficult to kill. When I do get kills, it's because I worked my ass off for it. I do feel the game getting easier as I progress and get new moves though. The feeling of progression is phenomenal, and now after spending the entire game with shitty iron pipes and hammers, I've finally got a pistol, two types of assault rifles, and a bow. I feel like a badass.

Also, it's a plus that the main character is voiced by the guy who voiced Chris Redfield. I feel like I'm running through this zombie infested playground as Chris. My only complaint is the lack of interesting characters. They could have done better there.

PWNT

Old Post May 26th, 2017 07:56 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I also got the game recently too, Just started doing jobs for Rais

took me a while to get use to the weapons how you can only repair them so many times, So used to Techland's previous game Dead Island where you can repair them as many times you like.

Old Post May 26th, 2017 08:29 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It's annoying at the start but you don't run into that issue later on.

You start modding weapons and upgrading them it will make your entire inventory obsolete. I don't think there was one time where I didn't have a kick ass weapon with multiple repairs on it. By the time it's damaged completely, you would of came across another orange weapon that can be modded and make the weapons you have crap.

Old Post May 26th, 2017 12:18 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Jesus this game is fun. Nowhere near as mediocre as I thought it would be. I started it a few days ago and am about to leave the first area after the pit. I cant believe it took me this long to get into this.

I started my first run on hard mode. It's been hard, but rewarding. I like the fact that I actually fear the night time and cant easily destroy a horde of zombies. Other survivors especially are pretty difficult to kill. When I do get kills, it's because I worked my ass off for it. I do feel the game getting easier as I progress and get new moves though. The feeling of progression is phenomenal, and now after spending the entire game with shitty iron pipes and hammers, I've finally got a pistol, two types of assault rifles, and a bow. I feel like a badass.

Also, it's a plus that the main character is voiced by the guy who voiced Chris Redfield. I feel like I'm running through this zombie infested playground as Chris. My only complaint is the lack of interesting characters. They could have done better there.

Yeah, the night makes this game. The smart design decision is that night time doubles XP but doesn't kill your XP gain if you die. you get a point where you can actually kill the volitiles.

And if you play the Following, there a side activity that makes you go into the volitiles nest to extinguish it. But you only got 10 minutes to do so and the caves are designed to be utterly confusing. It's pretty hectic because it's impossible to get out if they come back.

Old Post May 26th, 2017 12:21 PM