KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Captain Marvel Vs Hulk

Captain Marvel Vs Hulk
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
eaebiakuya

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
Mustve been a heck of a strike. Obvious questions are, which Hulk, what strike?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...al_2001_p24.jpg

Well not really. He used some strikes far stronger than this. From the picture i even say he dont used Mjolnir to attack. Was by himself.

The sad thing is we cant say " hey, but in others fights Hulk tanked thunder attacks ".

But no, Thor almost never used it against Hulk. The only time i remember was against young maestro.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2014 04:50 PM
eaebiakuya is currently offline Click here to Send eaebiakuya a Private Message Find more posts by eaebiakuya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

The biggest loser in this will be the New Mexico Desert.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2014 04:50 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

The Hulk has been hurt by magic in the past, but there were times that he's shrugged it off. It depends on how strong he is when being struck. Since there were new rules put in place for the Hulk, and at what level he begins at, he would be able to shrug off Billy's lightning strikes. Billy fights up close, because he doesn't have eye beams, and other long range attacks like Superman, Gladiator, or other Krytonian clones. In the long run Marvel gets busted up, and if he is unable to take out an average Hulk that begins at herald level strength, he gets busted.

People have to pay attention to the new forum rules surrounding the Hulk. He does not begin at Official Handbook levels, or World Breaker levels, but somewhere in between, which would be at herald (top tier) strength levels, and everything that comes along with those levels. Durability, increased speed, faster healing, greater energy absorption/impact resistances.

Last edited by Stoic on Dec 16th, 2014 at 06:03 PM

Old Post Dec 16th, 2014 06:00 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

marvel should win but only if he fights smart. speed and energy via magic lightning should be enough to take hulk out. there is precedence for lightning working more than once in the past and marvel's lightning has been shown to be very powerful in some instances. he's strong enough to do definite damage and is durable enough to take a heavy beating if he needs it but lightning and speed should be enough to get him the wins. i'd call it a split.

marvel's level also tends to vary more than superman's but he is still pretty damn close. i'd give supes a majority, marvel a split and hulk a majority over ww--all in the classic versions of the dc characters.

the dcnu marvel may not get a majority, but i've STILL not seen enough to definitively state his level. it's a good fight for sure.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2014 06:48 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Leo, Not too sure that the lightning is going to do any lasting damage on the Hulk. Thor is a magical being, which has been stated on more than one occasion. Kismet for example thought that Thor would be a perfect mate if not for him having enchantments placed on him. How long would it take for Doc Green to discover that Marvel turns into Billy after shouting Shazam?

Originally posted by ODG
XI. PROFESSOR HULK DURABILITY (cont'd)

A lightning bolt only makes Professor Hulk's hair stand on end in Incredible Hulk Annual #18:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/...y06Annual18.jpg

(please log in to view the image)

And a barrage of lightning from Thor only stuns Professor Hulk in Incredible Hulk #440:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/...Energy08440.jpg

Later, after an hour of fighting Thor gripped in Warrior Madness, he survives a ground-zero atomic blast:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/...Energy09440.jpg[/url]

Last edited by Stoic on Dec 16th, 2014 at 07:13 PM

Old Post Dec 16th, 2014 07:10 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JBL
Wrestling God

Hulk wins. Lol at CM winning, then winning, then splitting, then may not win. ALL in the same fight that has now turned into a good fight.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2014 07:13 PM
JBL is currently offline Click here to Send JBL a Private Message Find more posts by JBL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by JBL
Hulk wins. Lol at CM winning, then winning, then splitting, then may not win. ALL in the same fight that has now turned into a good fight.

I think what Leo was trying to say was that the Hulk is a being that does not have a static level. So, it's impossible to truly say who would win. It would really depend on how angry the Hulk is, and if Marvel fought smart; As in taking the fight to the Hulk fast and furious before he really became too much for him to handle. I could be wrong, but that's essentially what I got from his post.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2014 07:27 PM
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by zopzop
You know, I was gonna come in here and say Cap wins but I think you're right.

I used to think that Captain Marvel was Superman's peer. He isn't. He's more like Wonder Woman's peer except he doesn't have the haxx gear and his most powerful attack puts him in serious trouble if an opponent is fast enough to exploit the opening.

Hulk wins. In fact, ANY version of Hulk should win. It will just take longer depending on which version of Hulk shows up.

ANY HULK?

I grow weary of your damn LIES!

Old Post Dec 16th, 2014 07:37 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Stoic
Leo, Not too sure that the lightning is going to do any lasting damage on the Hulk. Thor is a magical being, which has been stated on more than one occasion. Kismet for example thought that Thor would be a perfect mate if not for him having enchantments placed on him. How long would it take for Doc Green to discover that Marvel turns into Billy after shouting Shazam?

Yeah, but that's not magical lightning in that scan. CM's lightning is magical and has brought Superman himself to his knees.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2014 08:53 PM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

I think what Leo was trying to say was that the Hulk is a being that does not have a static level. So, it's impossible to truly say who would win. It would really depend on how angry the Hulk is, and if Marvel fought smart; As in taking the fight to the Hulk fast and furious before he really became too much for him to handle. I could be wrong, but that's essentially what I got from his post.

lol thanks for translating. jbl's reading comp issues are extremely well documented. thumb up

but, not sure what you mean by THOR is a magical being--you sound like you're implying marvel isn't....? confused his lightning is also magical, so....not sure what you were getting at there.

anyway, we've seen a couple times lightning can impact hulk, though i agree not ALWAYS. still, i think it would be effective enough when combined with marvel's other powers to give him a split. using a magic-charged fist in combo with his speed could also be very effective.

and marvel only turns back IF the lightning strikes HIM, not if he directs it at an opponent. it's a fight i'd love to see though.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2014 09:00 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JBL
Wrestling God

No he was not. He comes and try to hide his motive by trying to please both sides, but sways toward superman, captain marvel and other DC characters that have matched supes. Notice how he gives marvel the fighting smart thing, the win if? the 50/50 thing, then the i dont know good fight thing. Hulk has fought faster people than marvel and withstood all kinds of magical energy, He left that info out for some reason, guess why? He dont even mention what hulk could do to win. That itself shows his motives.

Last edited by JBL on Dec 16th, 2014 at 09:13 PM

Old Post Dec 16th, 2014 09:11 PM
JBL is currently offline Click here to Send JBL a Private Message Find more posts by JBL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by JBL
No he was not. He comes and try to hide his motive by trying to please both sides, but sways toward superman, captain marvel and other DC characters that have matched supes. Notice how he gives marvel the fighting smart thing, the win if? the 50/50 thing, then the i dont know good fight thing. Hulk has fought faster people than marvel and withstood all kinds of magical energy, He left that info out for some reason, guess why? smokin'

thumb up

Old Post Dec 16th, 2014 09:13 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hulk has fought people faster than Marvel? Ok. Name them. CM has combat speed that is on par with Superman himself. I know of no one in Marvel that has combat speed on Clark's level. Before you say "Surfer does," no he doesn't. Travel speed yes but reflexes? Hell no. If he has Superman-level reflexes then I want to see scans of him demonstrating that before I believe it.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2014 09:22 PM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Star428
Yeah, but that's not magical lightning in that scan. CM's lightning is magical and has brought Superman himself to his knees.

Thor's lightning is magical though, because he is able to hit magical beings with it and affect them profoundly. Superman and the Hulk have a lot in common, because they both are powered by solar energy. Gamma waves/rays are transmitted by stars unless I'm mistaken? But, then there is a point when their similarities split off. The Hulk is a mutated human Superman isn't, and he (The Hulk) mutates over a period of time to overcome many obstacles. We see this when he is in a highly toxic environment that he can not breathe in, and suddenly mutates or evolves to be able to live in that environment. Or, to being able to actually breathe under water, and in outer space. He rode on top of the stone ship from Sakaar back to Earth. Is there a reason why you would believe that the lightning in the scan above is not magical? Thor sent that burst of lightning his way.

Originally posted by leonidas
lol thanks for translating. jbl's reading comp issues are extremely well documented. thumb up

but, not sure what you mean by THOR is a magical being--you sound like you're implying marvel isn't....? confused his lightning is also magical, so....not sure what you were getting at there.

anyway, we've seen a couple times lightning can impact hulk, though i agree not ALWAYS. still, i think it would be effective enough when combined with marvel's other powers to give him a split. using a magic-charged fist in combo with his speed could also be very effective.

and marvel only turns back IF the lightning strikes HIM, not if he directs it at an opponent. it's a fight i'd love to see though.

Yes I know that Cap Marvel is a magical being. I was just saying that his magical lightning may not be able to do more than Thor's magical lightning in the past, but it would really depend on the Hulk's strength level. his tolerance goes up as his strength does up. Thor is a good indicator, that he may be able to shrug off Marvel's blasts, because there isn't really any hard proof to prove that Captain Marvel's magic lightning is more powerful than Thor's. Other than that, I fully agree with you, because Captain Marvel is pretty powerful. IMO he would have to get in and finish it as quickly as possible, or the Hulk's strength will eclipse his own, and make winning far more difficult.

Originally posted by JBL
No he was not. He comes and try to hide his motive by trying to please both sides, but sways toward superman, captain marvel and other DC characters that have matched supes. Notice how he gives marvel the fighting smart thing, the win if? the 50/50 thing, then the i dont know good fight thing. Hulk has fought faster people than marvel and withstood all kinds of magical energy, He left that info out for some reason, guess why? He dont even mention what hulk could do to win. That itself shows his motives.

I don't know man. I'd prefer to take his word for it though, because I don't know his true intentions brother.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2014 09:33 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Hulk has fought people faster than Marvel? Ok. Name them. CM has combat speed that is on par with Superman himself. I know of no one in Marvel that has combat speed on Clark's level. Before you say "Surfer does," no he doesn't. Travel speed yes but reflexes? Hell no. If he has Superman-level reflexes then I want to see scans of him demonstrating that before I believe it.

The Sentry, Hyperion and Gladiator do.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2014 09:39 PM
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

I didn't know that was Thor's lightning. My mistake.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2014 09:50 PM
Stoic
Avenger

I didn't know that was Thor's lightning. My mistake.

Yeah I know, my bad. I didn't have the rest of the scan, but yep he's fighting Thor in that battle. This really all depends on the Hulk's excitement level, and captain Marvel using Solomon's wisdom to go in strong and relentless before the Hulk's strength gets to a point that he would be too weak to win. Lobo for example can take Captain Marvel's hits, and return his own. I wouldn't say that Lobo was a mega brick. Extremely powerful, but he's not on the Hulk, General Eiling, or Doomsday's level of power.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2014 10:05 PM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Originally posted by carver9
It was a surprise attack and this happened like 15 plus yrs ago.

It wasn't a surprise, he was just one shot. Hulks the one who rushed Thors back and ate a lightning bolt to the face for his efforts.

Thor can produce so much energy that the fading residual lightning on his unconciouss body knocked hulk out anyway, so its not like he cant no him at will.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Dec 16th, 2014 10:32 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Damborgson
It wasn't a surprise, he was just one shot. Hulks the one who rushed Thors back and ate a lightning bolt to the face for his efforts.

Thor can produce so much energy that the fading residual lightning on his unconciouss body knocked hulk out anyway, so its not like he cant no him at will.

He didn't hit Hulk in the face though. The lightning Bolt hit him in the back. Doesn't matter anyways, don't think anything like that will happen again.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Dec 16th, 2014 10:44 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
9jaboy

Originally posted by carver9
He didn't hit Hulk in the face though. The lightning Bolt hit him in the back. Doesn't matter anyways, don't think anything like that will happen again.

I think it does matter Bro...
CM's got bolts...you know what that means rii?

Old Post Dec 16th, 2014 11:09 PM
9jaboy is currently offline Click here to Send 9jaboy a Private Message Find more posts by 9jaboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote