KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Gamora vs. Batman with twist

Pretty DcNu Batman vs. Gamora
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Batman wins 8 26.67%
Gamora wins 22 73.33%
Split 0 0%
Total: 30 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gamora vs. Batman with twist
Started by: h1a8

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 14 15 [16]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
h1a8

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stoic
I showed you what strength translated to in direct relation to her speed with this page that I posted.

http://collider.com/guardians-of-th...profile-gamora/

What did you come back with? Bullets vs Arrows.

So an arrow coming from 6-8 inches versus a bullet from a few feet? Is this what you are using for comparisons? Just do us both a favor, and drop it. I gave you several instances of her dodging lasers which move faster than bullets. One scene has her doing it against a real threat (Thanos), and not some nervous trigger happy street punk. Now you forget the questions? No problem.

These are the questions below.

Why did you give Gamora the win over Batman without the swords? You said because she was stronger than he was, but then you said that Batman has defeated people even stronger than Gamora. So why did you give her the win? We all know that you believe that Gamora is superior to him, or you wouldn't have made this handicap match. So again why?

I don't see where her strength translated into speed in that page.
I don't see where she necessarily dodged lasers after they were fired. Batman has similar feats. She could have used evasive movement to avoid the aim before each was fired. Also hand blasts are telegraphed by the movement of the hands.

Arrows can move at more than half the speed of some bullets.

I answered your question. You missed my post.
I said she is stronger but only a peer to Batman in skill, speed, and agility. This is why she wins in a straight h2h fight against Batman.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Jan 4th, 2015 04:40 AM
h1a8 is online now! Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iceman24567

Gamora wins

Old Post Jan 4th, 2015 05:14 AM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by h1a8
I don't see where her strength translated into speed in that page.
I don't see where she necessarily dodged lasers after they were fired. Batman has similar feats. She could have used evasive movement to avoid the aim before each was fired. Also hand blasts are telegraphed by the movement of the hands.

Arrows can move at more than half the speed of some bullets.

I answered your question. You missed my post.
I said she is stronger but only a peer to Batman in skill, speed, and agility. This is why she wins in a straight h2h fight against Batman.

You don't see that speed is a byproduct of strength, because you lack knowledge. The reason that she is able to move from place to place is due to her muscles ability to propel her from place to place. No matter how much training Jimmy Olsen received, he would not be able to move that fast in order to be in several places at once before those aliens that were slaughtered could react. That was a speed feat. I then showed her against Venom, and then showed how fast Venom is, and you tried to say that he was slow after the scan said that he was as fast as Ben Reilly (Scarlet Spider or the original Spider Man). This boiled down to all of them being faster than Batman.

Thanos used laser vision against her on the page that I posted. She is not telepathic, and had no way of knowing when he was going to fire off those lasers, Thanos also knows about telegraphs, as he used the Champion's punch against him. You didn't see it because you don't seem capable of telling the truth. There were 3 scenes that she dodged lasers in. not all were fired by hand blasters. You didn't post one, you only made claims. So to break this all down, It took you nearly an entire day to come up with what amounted to lies.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2015 05:37 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Stoic
You don't see that speed is a byproduct of strength, because you lack knowledge. The reason that she is able to move from place to place is due to her muscles ability to propel her from place to place. No matter how much training Jimmy Olsen received, he would not be able to move that fast in order to be in several places at once before those aliens that were slaughtered could react. That was a speed feat. I then showed her against Venom, and then showed how fast Venom is, and you tried to say that he was slow after the scan said that he was as fast as Ben Reilly (Scarlet Spider or the original Spider Man). This boiled down to all of them being faster than Batman.

Thanos used laser vision against her on the page that I posted. She is not telepathic, and had no way of knowing when he was going to fire off those lasers, Thanos also knows about telegraphs, as he used the Champion's punch against him. You didn't see it because you don't seem capable of telling the truth. There were 3 scenes that she dodged lasers in. not all were fired by hand blasters. You didn't post one, you only made claims. So to break this all down, It took you nearly an entire day to come up with what amounted to lies.

I understand that speed is a byproduct of strength in real life. In comics, it isn't as I can show a counterexample. Anyway, let's assume it is. Speed is a byproduct of strength. So Gamora's strength gives her speed.
Well Batman is still faster by feats. That could mean either Batman's strength is used more efficiently towards his speed (less waste of energy) than Gamora's strength is used or Batman's strength to mass ratio is greater than Gamora's. Batman is simply faster or just as fast due to feats. You would have to disregard his feats in order for Gamora to be faster.

Huh? I answered your question. If two beings are peers in nearly every way but 1 is a lot stronger and willing to kill then the stronger more willing to kill character always wins. That's why Gamora beats Batman.

I know eye blasts were dodged. I mentioned hand blasts to destroy those feats separately. Now again, we can't be sure Gamora dodged after the fire or simply used evasive movement in order to not be a stationary target. Batman has literally reacted only AFTER a laser was fired. IMO, the feat is PIS and it is a one off. But I mention it when others try to mention one off feats for other characters.

Last edited by h1a8 on Jan 4th, 2015 at 09:38 AM

Old Post Jan 4th, 2015 09:32 AM
h1a8 is online now! Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

I understand that speed is a byproduct of strength in real life. In comics, it isn't as I can show a counterexample. Anyway, let's assume it is. Speed is a byproduct of strength. So Gamora's strength gives her speed.
Well Batman is still faster by feats. That could mean either Batman's strength is used more efficiently towards his speed (less waste of energy) than Gamora's strength is used or Batman's strength to mass ratio is greater than Gamora's. Batman is simply faster or just as fast due to feats. You would have to disregard his feats in order for Gamora to be faster.

Huh? I answered your question. If two beings are peers in nearly every way but 1 is a lot stronger and willing to kill then the stronger more willing to kill character always wins. That's why Gamora beats Batman.

I know eye blasts were dodged. I mentioned hand blasts to destroy those feats separately. Now again, we can't be sure Gamora dodged after the fire or simply used evasive movement in order to not be a stationary target. Batman has literally reacted only AFTER a laser was fired. IMO, the feat is PIS and it is a one off. But I mention it when others try to mention one off feats for other characters.

Batman is not faster. Batman is as fast as Captain America

This is his tier in terms of speed, and those in a tier above his speed. Take note that speed does not equal agility. Agility is either innately given by power set (i.e Spider Man, Night Crawler, Beast) or training. (Daredevil, Nightwing). Again this is not counting trained combat skill, only speed.

Tier 0 (Or below Olympic level)
Jimmy Olsen, Lois Lane, Gwen Stacy, Jarvis, Alfred

Tier 1 Peak Human (Or above Olympic level)
Captain America, Daredevil, Shang Chi (non chi amped), Wildcat, Nightwing, Black Panther (Classic levels), Bane (without venom), Iron Fist (non chi amped) Gambit, Wolverine (Normal), Black Canary, Red Hood, Batroc, Slade, Bullseye.

Tier 2. Enhanced Human
Iron Fist (Chi amping), Beast, Night Crawler, Wolverine (Berserk), Sabretooth, Shang Chi (Chi amping), Bane (with venom)

Tier 3 Super Human 1
Spider Man, Venom, Scarlet Spider, US Agent, Hawk, Dove, Tombstone, Sabretooth (berserk) Drax, Midnighter, Brin Londo (beast mode), Gorilla Grodd.

Tier 4 Super Human 2
Gamora, Angela, Carnage, Aquaman, etc.

You wrote about feats?
What feats have you shown?
Is it low balling to bring up the fact that Bane has matched Batman more than once, and in more than one universe? Bane is certainly not as fast as Gamora. As I've shown you with my minor tier listing, there are different levels of speed, and there are levels than go far above what I listed. Let's not confuse speed with agility, or combat skill.

Batman does not have super speed. DC has confirmed this. It does not matter what you perceive in the books that he is in. When he is up against someone in his tier, like Bane he has been hit. Nightwing can hit him, Captain America can hit him, but it goes further than that. Under optimal conditions, they aren't only able to hit him, they could draw the fight out with him. You keep saying that you will prove something, but you haven't done anything. Your best argument is that by feats he is faster. She has done everything that he has done in terms of speed, and actually has feats that surpass his, based on fights with actual characters that are far superior than Bane.

Let's take a look shall we?

[QUOTE=12072725]Originally posted by Supermutant
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) [/QUOTE

Are you trying to say that bane is as fast as Gamora as well?

Old Post Jan 4th, 2015 10:59 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Supermutant
Batman vs Bane first fight. Bane reveals to Batman how he set-up all of the Arkham prisoners to escape so that Batman would be worn down psychologically and physically. He studied Batman and came to Wayne Manor because he knew who Batman was. Batman is beaten severely, Bane gives Batman one of the worst beatings of all time.

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Bane gave Batman the beating of his life. Like I said, there are different levels of speed. We literally see what DC thinks about Batman having super powers. He doesn't have any, and yet you believe that he can possibly compete with someone whose body can tolerate vastly higher gravity forces than his body can? He would tear a skeletal ligament if he moved as fast as she does. She has a super skeleton. Your opinion really doesn't matter here, nor does it make any sense, not even to you. You want to use feats, that she could easily break, but this is something that doesn't seem to penetrate the force field between you pride, and your brain.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2015 11:00 AM
DarkSaint85

IMO, the feat is PIS and it is a one off. But I mention it when others try to mention one off feats for other characters.

Then you should use weightings.

Batman has 1000s of showings and appearances. The vast majority of them show him as slower than light speed. As you yourself admit, that showing was a one-off.

Out of 1000s. Maybe even 10,000 if we take all his showings into account.

Gamora?

She has 100s . Maybe even less. And so, any high end feat automatically carries more weight.

You cannot equate one of the pillars of DC, a bonafide cultural icon of America, with a nobody.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2015 11:04 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Let's also be clear about something. You didn't destroy anything, you simply closed your mind to them happening (very ignorant of you), and lost even more credibility than you already had. So again you've made claims with no intent on backing them. This is trolling.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2015 11:15 AM
Silent Master

Originally posted by DarkSaint85

Batman has 1000s of showings and appearances. The vast majority of them show him as slower than light speed. As you yourself admit, that showing was a one-off.

Gamora?

She has 100s . Maybe even less. And so, any high end feat automatically carries more weight.

You cannot equate one of the pillars of DC, a bonafide cultural icon of America, with a nobody.

Exactly, Batman has 10 if not 100 times the number of appearances as Gamora, thus percentage wise 1 showing for her would equal 10-100 for Batman.

Funny how a guy(h1a8) that supposedly loves math ignores this fact.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2015 03:56 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by DarkSaint85

Gamora?

I agree, but Batman has also more feats as well. How many times has he dodged bullets, lasers, etc.? Those add up. Like I said, I see them as peers in the speed category. There is no way in hell Batman couldn't react to her attacks. That's just plain crazy.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2015 07:02 PM
DarkSaint85

I agree, but Batman has also more feats as well. How many times has he dodged bullets, lasers, etc.? Those add up. Like I said, I see them as peers in the speed category. There is no way in hell Batman couldn't react to her attacks. That's just plain crazy.

Well, you yourself said it was a one off.

That leads me to believe....it happened....once.

Out of 1000s, if not 10,000s of appearances.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2015 08:49 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Apparently h1 doesn't understand math.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2015 08:55 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi

To even think batman is as fast as Gamora or even as strong is bordering on retarded

Old Post Jan 5th, 2015 09:17 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi is currently offline Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote