KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Gamora vs. Batman with twist

Pretty DcNu Batman vs. Gamora
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Batman wins 8 26.67%
Gamora wins 22 73.33%
Split 0 0%
Total: 30 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gamora vs. Batman with twist
Started by: h1a8

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
h1a8

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stoic
And Black Panther, Winter Soldier, Night Wing, Robin, Shang Chi, Frank Castle, Owlman... etc... etc.

Exactly, and look at the very scan that you posted. Ronan is a giant of a man. Comic book peak human would be considered super human compared to real life humans, but they aren't when compared to what is classified as super human in the comics. Do you have the scan of Batman attempting to curl those dumb bells, and nearly tore his skeletal ligament? I don't see him casually throwing Ronan 100 or more feet like a baseball. As for the sprinter comment, i am extremely fast, and i have run track. The training is tough, and if you want to win, you'd better be strong, and you have to do weights.
You are forgetting that Batman has an adamantium sword here. The moment she throws an attack, batman would lop a limb off instead of blocking the attack.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Dec 18th, 2014 07:56 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

You're forgetting that Gamora is extremely fast and skilled herself, and has enough strength to cause environmental damage that would make things very difficult for Batman.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2014 08:15 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

I also see Batman having trouble cutting as deeply as some people believe. He'll have the same problem Logan does from time to time when it comes to fighting people way out of his weight class. His claws can cut through anything, but he doesn't have the power to cut through higher class materials and durability. And with two swords that means Bruce will get even less power.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2014 08:19 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Silent Master
You're forgetting that Gamora is extremely fast and skilled herself, and has enough strength to cause environmental damage that would make things very difficult for Batman.
Explain environmental damage. What could she possibly try? Yes she is fast, but not faster than what Batman can react and respond to.

Originally posted by KingD19
I also see Batman having trouble cutting as deeply as some people believe. He'll have the same problem Logan does from time to time when it comes to fighting people way out of his weight class. His claws can cut through anything, but he doesn't have the power to cut through higher class materials and durability. And with two swords that means Bruce will get even less power.
She is at best durable as titanium. Logan can cleanly slice and stab through materials far more durable than titanium. Logan is only a little stronger than Batman as they both have a small degree of superhuman strength. Batman should have no problem slicing through titanium like a hot knife through butter, similar to what Logan would do.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2014 08:27 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by h1a8
Explain environmental damage. What could she possibly try? Yes she is fast, but not faster than what Batman can react and respond to.

What happens in comics when a cl 60-70 stomps or punches the ground? BTW, Batman is not faster than Gamora can react to, which your Batman slices of her legs would require.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2014 08:31 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

What happens in comics when a cl 60-70 stomps or punches the ground? BTW, Batman is not faster than Gamora can react to, which your Batman slices of her legs would require.
Nothing.

Batman is arguable faster than Gamora based off feats. His feats of reactions are also better than hers.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2014 08:50 PM
Silent Master

Nothing.

Obvious troll is obvious.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2014 08:51 PM
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by DarkSaint85

(please log in to view the image)

Maths time, please.

Ronan is 480lb (or 218kg). How fast would Gamora have to be travelling to sweep him up in her updraft as she runs past him?

Old Post Dec 18th, 2014 08:53 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Obvious troll is obvious.

What can HAS a class 60 did to the ground in a comic book that supports it being able to affect Batman?

Old Post Dec 18th, 2014 08:55 PM
Silent Master

Maths time, please.

Ronan is 480lb (or 218kg). How fast would Gamora have to be travelling to sweep him up in her updraft as she runs past him?

According to h1a8, 25% of Batman's walking speed.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2014 08:55 PM
h1a8

Maths time, please.

Appears that she made contact with him.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2014 08:56 PM
DarkSaint85

Appears that she made contact with him.

And all the rocks that are also flying up around him?

Old Post Dec 18th, 2014 09:00 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

And all the rocks that are also flying up around him?

He's trolling, the sound effect shown is (whooom), which doesn't match up with Gamora knocking him into the air via punching/hitting.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2014 09:05 PM
DarkSaint85

Here's a larger pic size:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...onan3007vz4.jpg

Now, 218kg is erring on the v.light side - he has armour on, AND he has the Universal Weapon, which was all swept up in the updraft. Something which, tbh, I've only really seen Flashes do.

So yeah, how fast would she have have to be travelling to sweep a 250kg (rounding up, so a quarter of a ton) guy about...10 feet into the air?

Old Post Dec 18th, 2014 09:11 PM
Stoic
Avenger

You are forgetting that Batman has an adamantium sword here. The moment she throws an attack, batman would lop a limb off instead of blocking the attack.

Or he would be moving at a rate of speed below hers, because she is naturally faster than he is due to the fact that she possesses more strength, without any bulk to get in the way of her using that speed with her increased agility. Just because you turned off CIS, and gave him swords, does not somehow increase his physical stats. He still loses. He does have super human abilities compared to real life people, but compared to people listed as having super human stats in comics, he would still be listed as peak human. Gamora is above peak human. She does everything that he can do, but faster, and with more force.

Last edited by Stoic on Dec 18th, 2014 at 09:14 PM

Old Post Dec 18th, 2014 09:12 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Here's a larger pic size:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...onan3007vz4.jpg

Now, 218kg is erring on the v.light side - he has armour on, AND he has the Universal Weapon, which was all swept up in the updraft. Something which, tbh, I've only really seen Flashes do.

So yeah, how fast would she have have to be travelling to sweep a 250kg (rounding up, so a quarter of a ton) guy about...10 feet into the air?
It still appears that she made contact with him.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2014 09:29 PM
Stoic
Avenger

He still flew up in the air. When has Batman ever been shown to move that fast? If he was as fast as she was, he wouldn't need a Batmobile to get around with. If he could keep up with her in strength, he wouldn't need to fire off a grappling hoof to reach the top of a building. Gamora literally jumped as far as she threw Ronan. How far would Batman be able to throw that much weight? She threw him like he was a baseball. Then you attempt to discredit a feat that makes Batman look like a snail, and you only response is that she appeared to have hit him. Darksaint asked you a quaestion, but you then decided to ignore it.

He asked you, but what about the rocks that were caught up in the wake of her speed? What did you do? Listen Bruce is slower than she is, by quite a bit. He would not get the chance to hit her, because when he cocked his arm back to swing, she will have already popped him, and taken the sword/s away from him. She would then perform surgery on him. You know that he can't beat her, and that she is superior to him, which is why you gave him all of these tools, and left her with nothing but her skill.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2014 09:41 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

And the rocks that also flew up around him?

We see her running fast.

There is a 'Whoom!' sound.

We see that he was thrown up so violently, he did a somersault in the air (note the speed lines around Ronan's right hand and feet). How would you hit someone in such a manner that they twirl in the air like that? Where would you hit them, if they were lying on the ground? In the head? That would be more akin to a weird scooping motion upwards, than a punch - whilst your direction of movement is going perpendicular in a forwards movement.

Is THAT what you're going for? Rather than a much simpler explanation that he was caught in her updraft?

Old Post Dec 18th, 2014 10:02 PM
Silent Master

We see her running fast.

We see that he was thrown up so violently, he did a somersault in the air (note the speed lines around Ronan's right hand and feet). How would you hit someone in such a manner that they twirl in the air like that? Where would you hit them, if they were lying on the ground? In the head? That would be more akin to a weird scooping motion upwards, than a punch - whilst your direction of movement is going perpendicular in a forwards movement.

Is THAT what you're going for? Rather than a much simpler explanation that he was caught in her updraft?

Like I said, he is just trolling.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2014 10:04 PM
Stoic
Avenger

We see her running fast.

This is like giving Captain America, or a healthy US Agent swords, and expecting him to beat classic Lobo. How do we prove that Lobo is vastly superior to them in just about every physical way?

Old Post Dec 18th, 2014 10:33 PM