KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Respect The Sentry

Respect The Sentry
Started by: Enzeru

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
One_Angry_Scot
----

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
^ thumb up

He did the cover for Vengeance of the Moon Knight #2, which, imo, depicted Sentry brilliantly:
(please log in to view the image)

Yeah definitely.

Even the inside art for that was very good. In particular the "fight" Sentry and Moon Knight had was good. Not for it being an actual fight but for the conversation that went on.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2015 06:21 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enzeru

SENTRY Q & A: Some people say that the Sentry has multiversal level power. Is that true?

In my opinion there is nothing multiversal about the Sentry.

I'm going to quote myself now:

quote:
I personally view the Sentry as a high transcendence level character. Trans characters are pretty much more powerful than high heralds like Silver Surfer, but less powerful than skyfathers like Odin. Thanos for example is such a character and probably the prime example for the trans level tier.
There are some fans, who put the Sentry even higher, due to him beating the Molecule Man, but that assumption has so many flaws, that it's not even worth talking about it.

However, it seems like it's worth being talked about after all, since there are people, who overrate the Sentry big time. And by people, I actually mean just one guy and since I like that one guy for being a big Sentry fan, I'll throw him a bone first...

His theory is based on the Sentry beating the Molecule Man in a fight, and for those of you, who don't know who the Molecule Man is... He is one of the big guns in the Marvel universe and has engaged in trans-multiversal battles:
http://i.imgur.com/Ka0qwRB.jpg

And the Sentry defeated that guy in a fight:
http://imgur.com/a/VX8Gc

How can that be?! How can the Sentry beat a multiversal level being?! And to push that even further, Sentry even beats him at his own game!
Now obviously comic book readers immediately cried "PIS PIS PIS" (Plot Induced Stupidity) in vain and tried making sense of it. They assumed that Molecule Man was depowered in that story, otherwise Sentry wouldn't have been able to beat him at all. But the thing is... The Molecule Man was not depowered and that has been confirmed by the writer of the story. Unfortunately I don't have the scan with his statement anymore, so you'll simply have to trust me on that. But something else, that I can offer you is the editor's statement on that matter. Tom Brevoort also stated, that the Molecule Man was not depowered in that story:
http://i.imgur.com/AcW4SwY.jpg

This is basically where you could stop reading, if you felt like it. Sentry fought Molecule Man, a multiversal level being and defeated him in a fight. Sentry must be multiversal as well. Logic demands it, YO! In my opinion he is not, and if you want to know why, then continue reading...

You now know that the writer of that story supposedly confirmed, that Molecule Man was not depowered and you know, that the editor of that story confirmed, that Molecule Man was not depowered. Why would I have a different opinion then?
Well... The Molecule Man is a character, whose power seems to depend on his mental state, similar to the Sentry:
http://i.imgur.com/AtCFp5X.jpg

Now an argument people make to back up their claim, that Sentry defeated a full powered Molecule Man, is that Molecule Man's power level is always the same and his mental state only affects his ability to manipulate or not manipulate organic molecules and since he was capable of affecting the bodies of the Dark Avengers, he must have been at his best.
The problem there is that it leaves out half of the truth... Now I don't know if it was a retcon, nor do I really care, but Molecule Man's mental state seems to affect his overall power level in general:
http://i.imgur.com/2ziIcxc.jpg

His bio states, that at one point his powers fluctuated and that SHIELD was able to imprison him in the Raft, which is a prison for metahumans. At one point the Sentry was also in the Raft and it was stated, that the only reason he remained there, was because he himself wanted to stay there, otherwise he could have gotten out any time he wanted, because they were not capable of holding someone as powerful as him in there. One would assume that Molecule Man at his best should easily be capable of escaping from the Raft, no matter if he can affect organic molecules or not... But he only got out, when Electro destroyed the Raft and many metahumans managed to escape. Molecule Man then appeared later on again, caused some havoc and got defeated by the Sentry.

But how powerful was Molecule Man at that point? We don't know. Bio's had stated, that his current power levels remained unknown, so we can only judge by what he had done and he had done quite a lot really... He had turned Bullseye (including the Adamantium in Bullseye's body) into living water, which is quite impressive, really. Molecule Man had also ripped the Sentry apart, on a molecular level and later on also on a physical level and the Sentry has insane durability levels. You could've put Thor or Hulk in Sentry's place during that fight and Molecule Man would have ripped them apart as well... That's some insane power. That's at least trans level molecule manipulation, probably even approaching skyfather levels.
And Sentry beat that guy at his own game.

But what if Molecule Man truly wasn't depowered? Wouldn't that make Sentry multiversal in terms of power, since he managed to beat Molecule Man, when he was at his best? No, it still wouldn't.
Recently Starbrand has taken out a Beyonder and Beyonders are without the shadow of a doubt multiversal level beings. Even Thor and Hyperion have fought some of them off. Are Starbrand, Thor and Hyperion multiversal level beings as well now? They must be! Logic demands it, YO! No, Starbrand, Thor and Hyperion aren't multiversal anything.
Look at Spider-Man VS Firelord. Spider-Man beat the high herald Firelord in a fight. There was context to that fight, but he still did it. Is Spider-Man a high herald now? No, of course not.

Weird fights tend to happen all the time, where weaker characters beat characters they should never be able to beat. It's how it has been and how it always will be. Don't think too much about it.
Rather be happy, that there is only one Sentry fan, who puts the Sentry on questionably high power levels. Imagine all the Starbrand, Thor and Hyperion fans did the same for their characters due to them defeating few Beyonders in a fight. Oh boy, the humanity.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2015 05:04 PM
Enzeru is currently offline Click here to Send Enzeru a Private Message Find more posts by Enzeru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enzeru

RAPID SENTRY Q & A: Was Sentry beating Molecule Man PIS?

No, it wasn't PIS.

Again, PIS stands for Plot Induced Stupidity, which is when something stupid happens in a story, which is clearly only there to progress the story fast, without too much additional thought behind it.
An example would be Deathstroke being able to stab a Flash, simply by knowing him for so long and being able to predict his movements. Pretty much every Flash has feats, where Deathstroke should be a statue for a Flash all the time and therefore such a PIS instance shouldn't happen in the first place... But it has to so that Deathstroke can do [proceed with the plot].

Now why was Sentry beating Molecule Man not a PIS instance? Because there was a lot behind it. Sentry defeating the Molecule Man in a fight served as character development and long term plot progression:

1. Sentry was coming up with new powers every other day, when he needed them and sometimes he was wondering about them. Like for example him being able to resurrect his dead wife or him being able to resurrect himself, when he had died.
We didn't know how he was able to do all those things. Prior to his fight against the Molecule Man, we assumed that his powers were solar or psionic based, but having solar / psionic based powers, doesn't allow you to resurrect the dead.

Once Sentry encountered the Molecule Man and got destroyed by him a couple of times, he then resurrected himself again under his own power and had finally realized how he was able to do what he was doing... By controlling the molecules, which was the same thing Molecule Man was doing.

2. Sentry had defeated the Molecule Man and established himself further as an absolute monster, when it comes to power levels... which came in handy, considering, that he was supposed to be the final boss for the Siege event.

It's not like the writer of that story one day thought up an arc, where Molecule Man would appear in a Dark Avengers comic, where the Dark Avengers would then beat him... You know, to stretch it out and sell more comics... No, there were years of work behind all of that and the Sentry was always supposed to beat the Molecule Man and at the same time become more and more schizophrenic and finally turn into the Void himself and attack Asgard and the Avengers.

RAPID SENTRY Q & A: Is the Sentry as powerful as HoM Scarlet Witch?

No. He has never displayed power on her level.

HoM Scarlet Witch was warping the reality on a universal plus scale. Sentry's greatest feats are all on a planetary plus scale. He has erased the memories of billions and billions and billions of beings, destroyed planets while holding back and stuff like that. He is probably capable of doing much more than that, but probably nothing a skyfather like Odin wouldn't be able to replicate and HoM Scarlet Witch would take Odin out with three words.

In the HoM storyline Scarlet Witch even affected the Sentry like everyone else. If he was on her level, one would assume that he would have been able to fight against the influence of her power:
http://imgur.com/a/Un1an

Although it's interesting to note, that Sentry didn't have to deal with the Void, before he got his powers. In the reality HoM Scarlet Witch had created for him, he was powerless, but he was still dealing with the Void.

RAPID SENTRY Q & A: How powerful is the Sentry POTENTIALLY?

The Sentry is weird, man... And I don't mean as a character, but rather as a being in the Marvel universe.

No one really knows what he is, not even Marvel's smartest men and women.
Molecule Man, the guy, who has experienced all the molecules in the multiverse had no idea what the Sentry was made of and the Skrulls couldn't copy his powers, because they didn't understand them. Actually, no one was ever able to get a good grasp of Sentry's powers and limits, not even he himself.
Sentry has no physical weaknesses and can't die even when he tries to.

While that may not answer the question, it still goes on to show, that there is something wrong with the Sentry. Something unexplored. Right now he can't be put in a box and labled. He simply can't.
A character like Thor is already well established and can't really pull off something stupid, which we're then supposed to make sense of and view that as his new status quo.
When it comes to the Sentry however, he can do whatever he wants. At one day he is punching Namor around and the next day he is beating the Molecule Man and it makes total sense in a nonsensical way.

Did Sentry stalemate Galactus in a 1 on 1? I don't know, nor do I really care, but... would you be shocked if he has? I certainly wouldn't. The Sentry has a track record of pulling off the weirdest stuff out of nowhere and that's a good thing, because it makes him more mysterious and interesting.

POTENTIALLY he could be the most powerful man in existence:
http://i.imgur.com/ot3gNhR.jpg

RAPID SENTRY Q & A: Was Sentry really one of the first heroes in the Marvel universe, or did he change the reality so that it would only look like that?

The "theory" with the Sentry unknowingly forcing himself into everyones life is based on a non-canon book called THE AGE OF THE SENTRY.

Canon wise, the Sentry was one of the first heroes in the Marvel universe and knew many other Marvel characters. He had to "erase himself from existence", because of the Void.

RAPID SENTRY Q & A: How long would have an unstable Sentry lasted if World War Hulk didn't hold back?

Eh... Hulk wasn't holding back. That's one of those Hulk fanboy myths, because they don't want their green goliath to look worse by going all out against an unstable Sentry and still only pulling off a tie / somewhat win.

They think that Hulk was holding back due to some statements from Cho and himself, where he said, that he was pulling his punches... And they use those statements to transfer it to absolutely EVERY other moment in the World War Hulk event, no matter how flawed the logic behind it is.

1. Sentry had turned into the bad guy by the end of the World War Hulk event. He had lost control over his energy emission and was at the verge of destroying everything around him. Tony Stark tried stopping him with the use of his satellites, but Hulk laughed at him and stated, that machines wouldn't be able to stop the Sentry and jumped back into the fight to face the Sentry:
http://i.imgur.com/Gdy8gZ1.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/6THVySS.jpg

Are you telling me, that the Hulk, who is facing a Sentry, who is on the verge of destroying everything in a matter of moments, still holds back his punches? Logically speaking he must have went all out to stop the Sentry as fast as he could, otherwise the Sentry would have destroyed everything.

2. But okay, maybe that's not proof enough for you and maybe you're right, since it could be viewed as only my way of interpreting that particular moment... so here is something else:
http://i.imgur.com/7o1sbYm.jpg

The bio of the event states that both men unleashed their full power and transformed back to their human forms in the end. The Hulk wasn't holding back. He went all out and unleashed everything he had in that form of his.

My common sense is tingling, YO!

Old Post Jun 9th, 2015 05:07 PM
Enzeru is currently offline Click here to Send Enzeru a Private Message Find more posts by Enzeru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MaZeRaIII
The Champion of the Gods

So how powerful is Sentry?In his bio it is said that while stable he has Potential for Limitless Power,So theoretically on what power level he will be when he is in full control of his abilities and mentally stable?So if we rank Stable Sentry he theoretically is Celestial-level or maybe even above?And Does Sentry really wield Limitless Power?

Old Post Jun 11th, 2015 08:51 PM
MaZeRaIII is currently offline Click here to Send MaZeRaIII a Private Message Find more posts by MaZeRaIII Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enzeru

RAPID SENTRY Q & A: Did Sentry really only beat a depowered Molecule Man?

There is a difference between being depowered and being weakened.

We have the editors (and the writers) statement, that Molecule Man wasn't depowered.
Logically speaking that covers up the idea, that there might have been yet another retcon, where Molecule Man's power level got decreased even further to make him more manageable... But that was not the case for the Dark Avengers or for that matter for the current Molecule Man. Molecule Man was not depowered, just like an unstable Sentry is not depowered.

However, Molecule Man was weakened during his Dark Avengers arc.
That's something you realize, when looking at everything regarding the Molecule Man and approaching it logically. Do you understand logic? If so, then this will probably make sense:

The following scan shows you that Molecule Man's power level decreases depending on his mental state. At one point his mental state fluctuated and that allowed even regular humans with tech to get the better of him and imprison him in the Raft:
http://i.imgur.com/2ziIcxc.jpg

You know now, that Molecule Man's power varies from extreme to manageable. Now why was he weakened during his Dark Avengers arc?
Because his mental state was cleeearly an issue for him... His mind was playing tricks on him. The Molecule Man had created images of the Beyonder, Dormammu, Mephisto and so on, which were all giving him advice on what to do:
http://i.imgur.com/kvSGTMf.jpg

Does that look like a sane person to you? To me it certainly doesn't.

So if we use logic and count two and two together... Wouldn't that automatically mean that with Molecule Man's mental state fluctuating, he had to be weakened, given his past imprisonment in the Raft, where his mental state had also fluctuated?

All we can really work with at this point is with how powerful he truly was at that point... Certainly more powerful than in the past, where he got imprisoned, since in his Dark Avengers arc HAMMER had to surrender, because they couldn't stop him. He also easily took care of the Dark Avengers, including even the Sentry, who is way beyond regular high heralds.
Molecule Man was powerful. Multiversal like in the past though? Hell no. That doesn't mean, that he was depowered though. He still had the potential for such power, but it's just that his mind was limiting him to what we saw in his Dark Avengers arc.

SENTRY Q & A: Who can beat the Sentry in a fight?

Obviously, that depends on the writer. If a writer decides that [insert random character] is going to beat the Sentry in a fight, then that's what's going to happen, if it also makes it into the final version of the comic.

If we go by the current lore of the character and the Marvel universe, then there are quite a few options actually:

1. Since Sentry's overall power depends on his mental stability, that's what becomes the first criteria to why he might lose a fight.
The weakest version of the Sentry we had seen in the comics so far, had taken on World War Hulk and fought him to a standstill:
http://i.imgur.com/WtxfexA.jpg

Have an unstable Sentry go up against a character equally as powerful as World War Hulk or more powerful and he might very well end up losing that fight, but even then, that would be some planetary level+ power you would have to bring to the table.

However, it should also be noted that at the point in time where Sentry fought the Hulk, he wasn't aware of the true origin of his power, so he had far less control over it. Now he can do much crazier stuff, which would come in handy, even if he is unstable.

2. Before Sentry realized what he truly was capable of (Dark Avengers run), one could argue that the energy he was emitting, was solar radiation, given that his powers were described as solar based and that he had charged Iron Man's armor with a quick burst of solar energy:
http://i.imgur.com/OL0ug8B.jpg

Therefore if pre Dark Avengers Sentry would have attacked any characters, which get stronger as they absorb solar radiation, he would have been at a disadvantage - if those characters would have been able to match his physical stats.

However, the energy projection of the post Dark Avengers Sentry has changed, now where he realized that all of that is actually molecule manipulation.

3. Sentry has a weakness, he didn't really get rid of so far. But at the same time it's something, that hasn't really been explored, like at all.
Sentry seems to struggle a lot with anti-matter... He had to go to the Negative Zone twice and the Negative Zone is pretty much an anti-matter paradise. There the Sentry was losing power extremely fast and at one point even needed Hulk's help:
http://i.imgur.com/OlleBeN.jpg

But that's more of a mental weakness of his, since anti-matter is making the Void stronger... So in theory if Sentry got his stuff together, he could easily absorb anti-matter and become stronger in the process. As for now it is unknown if his "mastery" of molecule manipulation has freed him from that weakness.
If it hasn't, then a character like Blue Marvel could potentially have a good shot at beating the Sentry.

4. Sentry does rely on energy. A stable Sentry supposedly has limitless energy, but an unstable Sentry has been drained of energy. Either in direct fights, or through tech:
http://i.imgur.com/pHaj2Tm.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/UTjuO4U.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/fHFKBZl.jpg

So a powerful energy drainer could potentially drain the Sentry of all his energy and the Sentry would have to recharge. It wouldn't kill the Sentry, but it would stop him momentarily.
How much energy such a drainer would have to absorb or how long it would take the Sentry to recharge can only be assumed. Sentry is a guy, who emits enough energy to destroy planets, while still holding back - with the same energy being visible in the regular universe from the Microverse, so... that someone would have to do some major absorbing.

5. Sentry is a trans level character and a damn powerful one as well thanks to his overall power output and versatility. But that's also where his power ends as for now, if we go by his feats. So naturally every Skyfather and above should beat the Sentry by default.

For example, Sentry was at the receiving end, when the Avengers got enhanced by powerful Asgardian magic:
http://imgur.com/a/GMcSS

Asgardian magic also enhanced a weapon to a point, where it was able to kill even Celestials:
http://i.imgur.com/RBHJ0Jj.jpg

Even IF the Sentry has the physical stats to take on someone like Odin, he would probably still be over his head, when it comes to facing Odin's magic. I don't see a reason why it would be any different, if he faced Zeus and so on.

Now that doesn't mean, that magic users in general have an easy game against the Sentry. Dr. Strange tried it and didn't succeed, and neither did Dr. Doom. Both those characters got pretty much destroyed by the Sentry. But they're not Skyfathers, so...

6. Galactus.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2015 09:04 PM
Enzeru

Originally posted by MaZeRaIII

So how powerful is Sentry? In his bio it is said that while stable he has Potential for Limitless Power. So theoretically on what power level he will be when he is in full control of his abilities and mentally stable?
So if we rank Stable Sentry he theoretically is Celestial-level or maybe even above? And Does Sentry really wield Limitless Power?

The easiest somewhat-of-an-answer would be, that a Sentry at his max potential is as powerful the story allows him to be at that point.

In theory Death Seed Sentry is the Sentry already at his most powerful. A regular Sentry already can't become more powerful anymore, since he got rid of what was limiting him before: his agoraphobia. He got rid of it during his high quality time in the Sun.
On top of that he now has the Death Seed, which has the ability to unlock his mind and potential and tap into all of his power.

Where does that power end though? It ends with his highest feats. The same applies for every character individually, if that character doesn't have an established tier. Look at Zeus for example, who doesn't really have that many feats, but people view him as a Skyfather, who is capable of beating lesser opponents, even though they have greater feats.

Also, don't read too much into the "limitless power" aspect of the Sentry. Sentry is a +100 tonner in terms of strength, no matter if he is unstable or stable. In both cases he is as strong as the story needs him to be and that's what the "limitless strength" stands for.
The same also applies for other characters like Thor and Hulk. It had been stated for all of them at one point or another, that they have limitless strength...
So you shouldn't pick that "limitless power" statement and put the Sentry on levels of freakin' abstract level beings, because their power truly seems to be limitless.

Look at this scan: http://i.imgur.com/anLCQrq.jpg

Everything above 100 tons is considered incalculable in the Marvel universe. Incalculable, infinite, limitless.

There is also another similar misconception listed, which people usually make, when it comes to such a debate. Reflexes. The majority of more powerful metahumans + above (in the Marvel universe) has instantaneous reflexes. What that basically means is, that they will tag faster opponents every now and then, if the story demands it. That's why Hulk and Thor can tag characters like Gladiator and Sentry.

Story-wise speaking there is no open end to such characters, but many of them already have established tiers and have showcased limits, which support those tiers. Odin, who is a skyfather won't struggle much with Thor, who is a herald.

While Sentry hasn't maxed out yet, he has also not established himself as anything greater than a trans level character, which he - in my opinion - is, if we go by his feats and fights.
Does he have the potential for more though? Sure. Especially since his tier is so unestablished.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2015 09:36 PM
MaZeRaIII
The Champion of the Gods

Enzeru,I understood,thanks.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2015 09:45 PM
MaZeRaIII is currently offline Click here to Send MaZeRaIII a Private Message Find more posts by MaZeRaIII Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Coloured version of the Civil War overview featuring Sentry vs Herc.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2015 12:23 AM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Gargan and Yuriko take care of Spiderboy like they did in the original story, good.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2015 09:07 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

? Didn't they take care of Cap in the original instead? Also Spidey is about to kick their asses.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2015 08:37 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Cap, too. But Spider-Man got his ass kicked first.

No, he's not. And I don't really get the point of CW being a part of SW. What for?

Old Post Jun 14th, 2015 08:39 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MaZeRaIII
The Champion of the Gods

If Sentry can warp reality,what is the limit of distance he can warp:city,planet,or above multi-planet+,and how much RAW power he has in that power?

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2015 06:22 PM
MaZeRaIII
The Champion of the Gods

Old Post Jul 11th, 2015 09:22 PM
One_Angry_Scot
----

If Sentry can warp reality,what is the limit of distance he can warp:city,planet,or above multi-planet+,and how much RAW power he has in that power?

This has been shown in earlier explanations in this thread.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2015 10:03 PM
Enzeru

MARVEL COMICS SUPERHERO COLLECTION #77 - SENTRY

The following scans are all from the handbook, which comes along with the Sentry figure from the "Marvel Comics Superhero Collection".

http://i.imgur.com/M95veWX.jpg
"The Avengers had already mucked up with one reality-warping super-friend and they weren't about to let it happen again."

As already covered up briefly in this thread, Sentry's actual power set is the ability to warp the reality. This handbook implies that as well by mentioning Scarlet Witch as the first reality warping teammate the Avengers had to go up against, and their attempt to avoid the same with the Sentry.

http://i.imgur.com/lBWrS6V.jpg
"He would join the team, where they could train him and keep an eye on him so he wouldn't go all 'Scarlet Witch' on them."

The handbook also directly refers to Scarlet Witch and the safety precautions, the Avengers had, regarding the Sentry.

http://i.imgur.com/ULkCf7R.jpg
"However, if his confidence is low his powers too are greatly reduced."

By now it should be clear that Sentry's power depends on his mental state. This handbook mentions it as well.
However, wording it "confidence" is maybe not the best way to describe it, since the talk is usually always about phobias and anxiety. Although it still fits in a way, since having a panic attack or even just being anxious / phobic, is pretty much the opposite of being confident.

http://i.imgur.com/OlcUtsq.jpg
"[...] but, crippled with indecision and anxiety in case the Void returned, his powers fluctuated wildly."

Later on Sentry's fluctuating power is mentioned again and also associated with his anxiety.

http://i.imgur.com/04o0zC8.jpg
"When the whole Civil War thing kicked off and the Super Hero community was choosing sides [...] having the Sentry on your side would have guaranteed victory. [...] As the Civil War raged the Sentry paralysed with indecision, chose to sit it out on the moon."

I find this and the many aspects of it quite interesting, so I'll leave it here.

http://i.imgur.com/DBekCCg.jpg
"[...] but the Hulk was so enraged at everyone that the Sentry's presence had no effect at all."

Some Hulk fans like to think, that Sentry's aura was calming the Hulk down during their fight. That was not the case. The story clearly gave that away and so does this handbook.

http://i.imgur.com/bnOq5nY.jpg
"By the '50s one small serum sample ended up in the science labs of Midtown High School (Its Health and Safety Record regarding Science projects was notoriously lax - years later another pupil, Peter Parker, would also suffer a science-related accident.)"

Funnily enough Sentry got his version of the Super-Soldier-Serum from the same lab, where Peter Parker became Spider-Man years later.

http://i.imgur.com/fdkpYl3.jpg
"[...] because of his illness he'd actually become the Void [...] Luckily Reynolds created the Sentry subconsciously, driven by his love of comic books and his unquenchable desire to do good [...]"

This got also already covered up to some extent in this thread: The idea, that Robert Reynolds first became the Void and then the Sentry. In case that's confusing, I'll try to explain it quickly...

Robert is a schizophrenic and as such he suffers from delusions (a delusion is a strong belief / a strong conviction, that something is the case, even though it really isn't).
In Robert's case, he believed to be an evil boogeyman. He went on to rob a bank under the disguise of the Blue Buffoon. But deep down Robert was still a good guy. So in order to stop himself from doing bad things, he had created the Sentry (subconsciously).
The Sentry fought and defeated the Blue Buffoon. The Blue Buffoon disappeared and the Sentry transformed back to Robert.
However, Robert was still schizophrenic and as such he was also suffering from hallucinations. He was seeing and hearing things, that were not really there... Like for example a dark, evil boogeyman called the Void, and unfortunately for Robert, his powers made the Void real.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2015 04:39 PM
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

This isn't an official marvel handbook.

"that guy spreading nonsense" is actually the one sticking with Tom Brevoort opinion about the book he edited.

It's strange that you asked him his opinion about Molecule Man not being weakened / depowered and interpretated it your own way.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2015 06:43 AM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BeyonderGod

Seems a argument is afoot.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2015 08:31 AM
BeyonderGod is currently offline Click here to Send BeyonderGod a Private Message Find more posts by BeyonderGod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MaZeRaIII
The Champion of the Gods

So what is the limit of Sentry's potential?

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2015 03:42 PM
HulkIsHulk

So what is the limit of Sentry's potential?

Depends on the writer

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2015 06:21 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Originally posted by KidStranglehold
If Enzeru was here he would sure like this. A poster from CV named Mazeraii made a very good argument that the Deathseed is not a power amp, but just makes the Sentry sane and unlocks his true potential. This is the scan he posted.

So it seems Deathseed Sentry's feats count for regular Sentry.

That's not the seed, wasn't that bobby possesed by apocalypse?

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2015 06:23 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote