KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Respect The Sentry

Respect The Sentry
Started by: Enzeru

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Sorrow

It was. Death Seed Sentry doesn't seem any more powerful than he was before his resurrection imo.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2015 09:29 PM
The Sorrow is currently offline Click here to Send The Sorrow a Private Message Find more posts by The Sorrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MaZeRaIII
The Champion of the Gods

quote: (post)
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
That's not the seed, wasn't that bobby possesed by apocalypse?

He was not possesed.
Apocalypse Seed = Death Seed.
They are the same

Old Post Aug 4th, 2015 05:30 PM
MaZeRaIII is currently offline Click here to Send MaZeRaIII a Private Message Find more posts by MaZeRaIII Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MaZeRaIII
The Champion of the Gods

Death Seed just unlocks user's potential to MAX.
Full potential Sentry is Stable Sentry,so Death Sentry = Stable Sentry.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2015 05:31 PM
MaZeRaIII is currently offline Click here to Send MaZeRaIII a Private Message Find more posts by MaZeRaIII Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheClassicIon

Originally posted by RealityWarper
I knew this link smile But thanks stick out tongue

I would like to design The Sentry for GURPS

LOLLL!!!! Fanboy !

Old Post Aug 30th, 2015 12:59 AM
TheClassicIon is currently offline Click here to Send TheClassicIon a Private Message Find more posts by TheClassicIon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

TheClassicIon, stop spamming up a respect thread with your troll posts.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Sep 1st, 2015 01:45 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Perhaps some good news I asked Tom Brevoort a question about the Sentry and he gave me this answer.

(please log in to view the image)

The only other thing I think he could be speaking of is in Contest of Champions. Which would mean he means the Sentry from the Age of Sentry series.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2015 04:50 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by Badabing
TheClassicIonLord Paragon, stop spamming up a respect thread with your troll posts.

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Oct 26th, 2015 06:00 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bbrem123

It is kinda strange how even with the deathseed the void is still around. If he is clear of mind wouldn't that mean the void would not exist at all?

Old Post Oct 30th, 2015 02:29 PM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Originally posted by bbrem123
It is kinda strange how even with the deathseed the void is still around. If he is clear of mind wouldn't that mean the void would not exist at all?

What are you talking about?

Old Post Oct 30th, 2015 02:58 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enzeru

Sentry isn't "clear of mind". Sentry suffers from three diagnosed illnesses: schizophrenia, agoraphobia and generalized anxiety disorder.

Death Seed Sentry made the statement, that he has been cured of the agoraphobic nightmare: http://i.imgur.com/e1OrL3J.jpg
... Which leads me to believe, that his time in the Sun served him as a shock therapy and now he does not suffer from agoraphobia anymore.

But Sentry still suffers from schizophrenia. A common symptom of schizophrenia are delusions of grandeur and I guess I don't have to post the many screenshots, where Sentry believes himself to be the protector and caretaker of humanity. He thinks way too highly of himself.

The Void (visual and auditory hallucinations, which become real) is there, because Sentry is schizophrenic and as for now (or at least implied by Rick Remender's hints) Sentry believes, that the Void left him and went to the White Hot Room.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2015 03:24 PM
Enzeru is currently offline Click here to Send Enzeru a Private Message Find more posts by Enzeru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bbrem123

Ok I was just under the assumption that death sentry was cured of all illnesses. Which in my mind would result in the void no longer existing.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2015 03:32 PM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Ok I was just under the assumption that death sentry was cured of all illnesses. Which in my mind would result in the void no longer existing.

Nah he wasn't cured entirely.

In an interview Rick Remender said this about Death Seed Sentry.

"What happens to a resurrected Sentry, who doesn't have The Void in his head anymore?" Who is still this mentally ill Superman who's got powers of a thousand exploding suns, but instead of The Void taking up space in his head, it's a Death persona from a Celestial, from an Apocalypse?"

And this.

"In Sentry now, you've got someone who is basically a human being with the power of a thousand exploding suns, who is mentally ill, and instead of having this villainous Void in his head, now he's got a Death persona, which is screaming for him to move forward evolution."

Interview Link: http://www.newsarama.com/17851-rick...y-avengers.html

The Agoraphobia was what really shackled Robert more than anything. Now that he has been as Enzeru shared "cured from the Agoraphobic nightmare". He is still Schizophrenic and most likely has G.A.D but the Death Seed acts as a light at the end of the tunnel type thing. He has a goal to put all of his power into.

Last edited by One_Angry_Scot on Oct 30th, 2015 at 03:43 PM

Old Post Oct 30th, 2015 03:36 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enzeru

SENTRY Q & A: Why did the Void kiss the Sentry?

"Why did the Void kiss the Sentry in SENTRY V2? Is Bob gay or something?"

No, he is not gay big grin I mean, not that there is anything wrong with being gay, but he just isn't.
The idea behind the kiss is a fairly simple one, but before I explain it, here a little bit of additional information:

As I've mentioned it before in this thread, Sentry is heavily based on the character Miracleman and there something similar happened. Miracleman took his creator (I think?) into the sky, kissed him out of love and then killed him off:
http://i.imgur.com/Mh2nVK9.jpg

While the Void is not Sentry's creator per se, there was a moment in Sentry comics, where Sentry did take the Professor (heavily involved in Sentry's creation) into the sky, where he blew up.
But this is the instance with the Void, where Void kissed the Sentry and told him, that he loved him:
http://i.imgur.com/w6UnKYC.jpg

So why did that happen? As I've said it, it's simple:
The idea behind the Void at times (!) was, that he was doing the exact opposite of the Sentry. If the Sentry saved 150 people, the Void killed 150 people.

So during their last fight in SENTRY V2 (#8) Sentry got the better of the Void and threatened to kill him. Where the Sentry was full of hate towards the Void and had the intention to kill him, the Void was going through the exact opposite, telling the Sentry that he loved him and tried showing it with a kiss. Unfortunately for him, it did him no good and the Sentry tossed him into the Sun, like he did it with so many other things.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 05:57 AM
Enzeru is currently offline Click here to Send Enzeru a Private Message Find more posts by Enzeru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

By the way the Void is said to be made of Negative Energy in "Storming Asgard" on Emma Frost profile.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2016 05:58 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enzeru

Sentry Wallpapers:

Does anyone want some Sentry wallpapers (1920x1080)?

http://i.imgur.com/YRE2j1x.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ZPY7Fvf.jpg

Thank Jebus for the Windows 7 function to rotate wallpapers. I have those two switching up every 20 minutes and it's awesomesauce.

Also feat time...

MISC FEATS & ENCOUNTERS

- Not even Deadpool is crazy enough to mess with the Sentry:
http://i.imgur.com/nHH8X5I.jpg
Scans from: Deadpool V2 #12

ALTERNATE REALITY FIGHTS

ARES vs (AOS) SENTRY

- Ares encounters the Age of the Sentry version of the Sentry and thinks he is dealing with the prime Sentry. During the fight Sentry gets angry and one-shots Ares:
http://imgur.com/a/Ri0wJ
Scans from: Contest of Champions #3 & #4

HEROES & VILLAINS vs (AOS) SENTRY

- Sentry wants the contest participants to stop fighting each other. They don't listen to him, so he gets angry, turns into the Void and one-shots all of them with a thunderclap:
http://imgur.com/a/W1myK
Scans from: Contest of Champions #5

Old Post May 14th, 2016 04:02 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Nice

Old Post May 15th, 2016 03:58 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enzeru

Brian Michael Bendis talks about Sentry's power set:

Bendis: "We've now unveiled all of our cards - about who the Sentry is and what his powers are. We've unveiled in Dark Avengers #12 that the Sentry, on top of his powers, has powers like the Molecule Man. He actually has the ability to craft / to form a reality from a molecular level. And that's where his powers have come from. [...] And there is no limit to the power level that he has."

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6AzWzxcV74
(Starts at 2:05)

Old Post May 15th, 2016 10:45 AM
TheHulk
Retired Debater

Men...i really have to say. This thread is beautiful to The Sentry's name. Thanks to Enzeru and even Angry Scott for keeping this thread alive for an almost unknown but very great character. Makes me so happy that this thread is flourishing smile

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2016 01:37 PM
TheHulk is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulk a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enzeru

I'm not going to read any of that. Instead I'll contact a mod.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2016 11:36 AM
Badabing
Karen

I have cleaned up this thread. Reality Warper, this is a respect thread, not a debate thread.

Edit: You have a week off Reality Warper. Next time just stop.

Sig by Steve Rules

Last edited by Badabing on Jul 15th, 2016 at 07:35 PM

Old Post Jul 15th, 2016 01:30 PM