KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Respect The Sentry

Respect The Sentry
Started by: Enzeru

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Badabing
LiZod

Gender: Male
Location: Isla Nublar

Moderator

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Badabing
TheClassicIonLord Paragon, stop spamming up a respect thread with your troll posts.


__________________



Sig by Rao Kal El

http///www.raptorrules.com

Old Post Oct 26th, 2015 06:00 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bbrem123
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: United States

It is kinda strange how even with the deathseed the void is still around. If he is clear of mind wouldn't that mean the void would not exist at all?


__________________
Ignore List: Your mom

Old Post Oct 30th, 2015 02:29 PM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Gender: Unspecified
Location: Diablo Corps

quote: (post)
Originally posted by bbrem123
It is kinda strange how even with the deathseed the void is still around. If he is clear of mind wouldn't that mean the void would not exist at all?


What are you talking about?


__________________


I'm Superman. I can do anything.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2015 02:58 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enzeru
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Watchtower

quote: (post)
Originally posted by bbrem123

It is kinda strange how even with the deathseed the void is still around. If he is clear of mind wouldn't that mean the void would not exist at all?


Sentry isn't "clear of mind". Sentry suffers from three diagnosed illnesses: schizophrenia, agoraphobia and generalized anxiety disorder.

Death Seed Sentry made the statement, that he has been cured of the agoraphobic nightmare: http://i.imgur.com/e1OrL3J.jpg
... Which leads me to believe, that his time in the Sun served him as a shock therapy and now he does not suffer from agoraphobia anymore.

But Sentry still suffers from schizophrenia. A common symptom of schizophrenia are delusions of grandeur and I guess I don't have to post the many screenshots, where Sentry believes himself to be the protector and caretaker of humanity. He thinks way too highly of himself.

The Void (visual and auditory hallucinations, which become real) is there, because Sentry is schizophrenic and as for now (or at least implied by Rick Remender's hints) Sentry believes, that the Void left him and went to the White Hot Room.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2015 03:24 PM
Enzeru is currently offline Click here to Send Enzeru a Private Message Find more posts by Enzeru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bbrem123
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: United States

Ok I was just under the assumption that death sentry was cured of all illnesses. Which in my mind would result in the void no longer existing.


__________________
Ignore List: Your mom

Old Post Oct 30th, 2015 03:32 PM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
Morningrise

Gender: Male
Location: Scotland

quote: (post)
Originally posted by bbrem123
Ok I was just under the assumption that death sentry was cured of all illnesses. Which in my mind would result in the void no longer existing.


Nah he wasn't cured entirely.

In an interview Rick Remender said this about Death Seed Sentry.

"What happens to a resurrected Sentry, who doesn't have The Void in his head anymore?" Who is still this mentally ill Superman who's got powers of a thousand exploding suns, but instead of The Void taking up space in his head, it's a Death persona from a Celestial, from an Apocalypse?"

And this.

"In Sentry now, you've got someone who is basically a human being with the power of a thousand exploding suns, who is mentally ill, and instead of having this villainous Void in his head, now he's got a Death persona, which is screaming for him to move forward evolution."

Interview Link: http://www.newsarama.com/17851-rick...y-avengers.html

The Agoraphobia was what really shackled Robert more than anything. Now that he has been as Enzeru shared "cured from the Agoraphobic nightmare". He is still Schizophrenic and most likely has G.A.D but the Death Seed acts as a light at the end of the tunnel type thing. He has a goal to put all of his power into.


__________________

"Your face was, like the photograph, painted white
We did not speak very often about it
What does it matter now?"

Last edited by One_Angry_Scot on Oct 30th, 2015 at 03:43 PM

Old Post Oct 30th, 2015 03:36 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enzeru
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Watchtower

SENTRY Q & A: Why did the Void kiss the Sentry?

"Why did the Void kiss the Sentry in SENTRY V2? Is Bob gay or something?"

No, he is not gay big grin I mean, not that there is anything wrong with being gay, but he just isn't.
The idea behind the kiss is a fairly simple one, but before I explain it, here a little bit of additional information:

As I've mentioned it before in this thread, Sentry is heavily based on the character Miracleman and there something similar happened. Miracleman took his creator (I think?) into the sky, kissed him out of love and then killed him off:
http://i.imgur.com/Mh2nVK9.jpg

While the Void is not Sentry's creator per se, there was a moment in Sentry comics, where Sentry did take the Professor (heavily involved in Sentry's creation) into the sky, where he blew up.
But this is the instance with the Void, where Void kissed the Sentry and told him, that he loved him:
http://i.imgur.com/w6UnKYC.jpg

So why did that happen? As I've said it, it's simple:
The idea behind the Void at times (!) was, that he was doing the exact opposite of the Sentry. If the Sentry saved 150 people, the Void killed 150 people.

So during their last fight in SENTRY V2 (#8) Sentry got the better of the Void and threatened to kill him. Where the Sentry was full of hate towards the Void and had the intention to kill him, the Void was going through the exact opposite, telling the Sentry that he loved him and tried showing it with a kiss. Unfortunately for him, it did him no good and the Sentry tossed him into the Sun, like he did it with so many other things.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 05:57 AM
Enzeru is currently offline Click here to Send Enzeru a Private Message Find more posts by Enzeru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidStranglehold
Member

Gender:
Location:

Enzeru(and others) if you still come on here, what are your thoughts on this?
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 4th, 2016 10:57 PM
KidStranglehold is currently offline Click here to Send KidStranglehold a Private Message Find more posts by KidStranglehold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
Morningrise

Gender: Male
Location: Scotland

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KidStranglehold
Enzeru(and others) if you still come on here, what are your thoughts on this?
(please log in to view the image)


It's a good bit of additional information to be added. Gives a solid confirmation as to what we could already surmise. I don't mean this wasn't needed. But it was like the last 5% of the puzzle which was coincidently a very important piece. I have a feeling it'll come in useful.


__________________

"Your face was, like the photograph, painted white
We did not speak very often about it
What does it matter now?"

Old Post Jan 4th, 2016 11:45 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidStranglehold
Member

Gender:
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
It's a good bit of additional information to be added. Gives a solid confirmation as to what we could already surmise. I don't mean this wasn't needed. But it was like the last 5% of the puzzle which was coincidently a very important piece. I have a feeling it'll come in useful.


I'm just saying because there are a lot of people who try and down play the fight with Photon by saying the narration is just "hyperbole" or asteroids were being destroyed and not planets...

Old Post Jan 5th, 2016 12:23 AM
KidStranglehold is currently offline Click here to Send KidStranglehold a Private Message Find more posts by KidStranglehold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
Morningrise

Gender: Male
Location: Scotland

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KidStranglehold
I'm just saying because there are a lot of people who try and down play the fight with Photon by saying the narration is just "hyperbole" or asteroids were being destroyed and not planets...


Yeah mate that's what I meant. It's gonna be really useful in sealing up every other thing we know, good find thumb up


__________________

"Your face was, like the photograph, painted white
We did not speak very often about it
What does it matter now?"

Old Post Jan 5th, 2016 12:27 AM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidStranglehold
Member

Gender:
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
Yeah mate that's what I meant. It's gonna be really useful in sealing up every other thing we know, good find thumb up


Thanks!

Old Post Jan 5th, 2016 12:29 AM
KidStranglehold is currently offline Click here to Send KidStranglehold a Private Message Find more posts by KidStranglehold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidStranglehold
Member

Gender:
Location:

I'm having a debate with some fanboy on another site who is tryng to say the usual that Sentry was "tapping into Void's powers" when he fought MM.

Does anyone agree that THIS is actually the Sentry tapping into the Void's powers? As there is actually BLACK speech bubbles?
(please log in to view the image)

I keep telling him that the black eye color doesn't mean much as they are inconsistent, but he refuse to believe.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2016 08:56 AM
KidStranglehold is currently offline Click here to Send KidStranglehold a Private Message Find more posts by KidStranglehold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
Morningrise

Gender: Male
Location: Scotland

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KidStranglehold
I'm having a debate with some fanboy on another site who is tryng to say the usual that Sentry was "tapping into Void's powers" when he fought MM.

Does anyone agree that THIS is actually the Sentry tapping into the Void's powers? As there is actually BLACK speech bubbles?
(please log in to view the image)

I keep telling him that the black eye color doesn't mean much as they are inconsistent, but he refuse to believe.


The only indication of the Void having power over Robert or it actually being the Void in a situation is Black speech bubbles. Nothing else.

Take for example this situation,

(please log in to view the image)

Robert is really pissed. And his power is steadily increasing and he is managing to rip up Ultron but we know he isn't the Void because of the speech bubbles. Sentry always says that he is worried about relkeasing his power and we've seen this before.

Take the conversation with Tony and Reed where he says he might lose control. And then we have the Molecule Man fight where he was put under so much pressure he kind of just unshackled out of pure instinct. And he discovered he has the ability to manipulate molecules. I mean he says it here himself.

(please log in to view the image)

Robert discovered he could do it. And there was no implication of the Void ever being involved. This is a good type of explanation I can give.

That scan you showed I always wonder about it. It is a definite outlier with not a lot of explanation to it. You can only really say Robert became so angry that he transformed into the Void for a brief time and had control for a second. Like how the Void controlled Robert's body in SIEGE. It might be a similar thing to that.

But I don't really think there is a confirmed explanation. What I just said above is just a random hypothesis. I mean could it just be artists impression similar to the scan I showed with Ultron? The speech bubbles both look the same except one of them is black. We can't really be sure unless we contacted the author for 100% clarification.


__________________

"Your face was, like the photograph, painted white
We did not speak very often about it
What does it matter now?"

Last edited by One_Angry_Scot on Jan 6th, 2016 at 05:07 PM

Old Post Jan 6th, 2016 05:05 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

By the way the Void is said to be made of Negative Energy in "Storming Asgard" on Emma Frost profile.


__________________
If I ignore you that's because you are on my ignore list for being a waste of time (Main reason being your lack of understanding skills and obnoxious tone).

Old Post Jan 10th, 2016 05:58 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidStranglehold
Member

Gender:
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
The only indication of the Void having power over Robert or it actually being the Void in a situation is Black speech bubbles. Nothing else.

Take for example this situation,

(please log in to view the image)

Robert is really pissed. And his power is steadily increasing and he is managing to rip up Ultron but we know he isn't the Void because of the speech bubbles. Sentry always says that he is worried about relkeasing his power and we've seen this before.

Take the conversation with Tony and Reed where he says he might lose control. And then we have the Molecule Man fight where he was put under so much pressure he kind of just unshackled out of pure instinct. And he discovered he has the ability to manipulate molecules. I mean he says it here himself.

(please log in to view the image)

Robert discovered he could do it. And there was no implication of the Void ever being involved. This is a good type of explanation I can give.

That scan you showed I always wonder about it. It is a definite outlier with not a lot of explanation to it. You can only really say Robert became so angry that he transformed into the Void for a brief time and had control for a second. Like how the Void controlled Robert's body in SIEGE. It might be a similar thing to that.

But I don't really think there is a confirmed explanation. What I just said above is just a random hypothesis. I mean could it just be artists impression similar to the scan I showed with Ultron? The speech bubbles both look the same except one of them is black. We can't really be sure unless we contacted the author for 100% clarification.


Sorry for the late reply but good post!

Also I hear Sentry may appear in Civil War 2. I saw an interview a while ago...

Old Post Jan 11th, 2016 07:59 PM
KidStranglehold is currently offline Click here to Send KidStranglehold a Private Message Find more posts by KidStranglehold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
Morningrise

Gender: Male
Location: Scotland

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KidStranglehold
Sorry for the late reply but good post!

Also I hear Sentry may appear in Civil War 2. I saw an interview a while ago...


That's okay mate.

Wow really? I'm gonna have to check for that then if that's the case. You don't happen to have a link do you?


__________________

"Your face was, like the photograph, painted white
We did not speak very often about it
What does it matter now?"

Old Post Jan 11th, 2016 08:14 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidStranglehold
Member

Gender:
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
That's okay mate.

Wow really? I'm gonna have to check for that then if that's the case. You don't happen to have a link do you?


I remember reading it here.
quote:
A fan asked about Sentry and his role in "Secret Wars." Soule admitted that the character will play a role in his "Civil War" series, but kept quiet about how he will be involved in the "Warzones" series.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/a...ars-battleworld

Old Post Jan 11th, 2016 09:11 PM
KidStranglehold is currently offline Click here to Send KidStranglehold a Private Message Find more posts by KidStranglehold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
Morningrise

Gender: Male
Location: Scotland

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KidStranglehold
I remember reading it here.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/a...ars-battleworld


I think that was referring to the Civil War comic that already finished. It was part of Battleworld.


__________________

"Your face was, like the photograph, painted white
We did not speak very often about it
What does it matter now?"

Old Post Jan 11th, 2016 09:32 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidStranglehold
Member

Gender:
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
I think that was referring to the Civil War comic that already finished. It was part of Battleworld.


Yeah I think I confused the two...

Old Post Jan 11th, 2016 09:53 PM
KidStranglehold is currently offline Click here to Send KidStranglehold a Private Message Find more posts by KidStranglehold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
All times are UTC. The time now is 03:49 AM.
Pages (7): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread

Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Respect The Sentry

Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread
   Post New Thread  Post A Reply

Forum Jump:
Search by user:
 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON

Text-only version
 

< - KillerMovies.com - Forum Archive - Forum Rules >


© Copyright 2000-2006, KillerMovies.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by: vBulletin, copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.