KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019)

Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019)
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (40): « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ares834

quote: (post)
Originally posted by playa1258
Rodan might be the favorite from this film.

Rodan? Really? I mean, I like Rodan as well but Ghidorah and Mothra are some of the best kaiju out there.

Anyway, I expect this film will end up being Godzilla and Mothra vs Rodan and Ghidorah. Looks like fun.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2018 06:34 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Wonder if Gigan will get to show up?

Old Post Dec 16th, 2018 06:45 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Maybe as a cameo. I doubt that there will be any other monsters with a major role.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2018 07:13 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

So there is double digits on kaiju total. The main 4 and a bunch of new ones and little cameos from what I understand.

I doubt with the realistic tone they're doing that Gigan, an alien cyborg would just pop up. Or at least as we know him.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2018 03:43 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Originally posted by ares834
Rodan? Really? I mean, I like Rodan as well but Ghidorah and Mothra are some of the best kaiju out there.

Anyway, I expect this film will end up being Godzilla and Mothra vs Rodan and Ghidorah. Looks like fun.

Rodans a bad ass. Ghidorah tho....

Old Post Dec 16th, 2018 03:44 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

What about him?

Old Post Dec 16th, 2018 09:25 PM
ShadowFyre

Originally posted by ares834
What about him?

He looks amazing. I really love what they did with him. Godzilla, ghidorah, rodans and anguris were my favorite. Welll, Gigan to

Old Post Dec 16th, 2018 09:56 PM
Flyattractor

I just hope this movie can pick up the fun tone of the Skull Island movie and drop all that boring Artsy Fartsy Human Character Development Crap Godzilla 2014 bored us with.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2018 10:09 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

I've read the plot and talked to some people that did the screenings. They were all positive and they said it's mainly monster fights. I don't wanna spoil to much but expect at least 4 major monster fights

Old Post Dec 17th, 2018 12:26 AM
Flyattractor

GOOD! As long as Private Plank don't make an appearance I will be happy.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2018 12:34 AM
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Director has already came out and said the gloves are way off.

A guy on the box office forums who seen a screening gave the film a 7/10 for story and 15/10 for monster fights.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2018 12:49 AM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Originally posted by ShadowFyre
I've read the plot and talked to some people that did the screenings. They were all positive and they said it's mainly monster fights. I don't wanna spoil to much but expect at least 4 major monster fights

Is there anything to suggest mecha Godzilla in future instalments?

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Dec 17th, 2018 01:06 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

No. Not yet, stuff that far ahead technology wise may be setup in Godzilla vs. Kong. There is a helicarrier type vehicle coming up but it's a lot more realistic than Marvel's.

It would be hard to transition from traditional military equipment to a 400 foot tall mechanical dinosaur in just one movie.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2018 02:13 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

IF mecha Godzilla is in this or a future installment I'd be so damn happy

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 17th, 2018 03:49 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Flyattractor
My God...The Horror... The KENNY's!!!!!!!!!!

Kenny from South Park?!?...otherwise got no idea what you're on about.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2018 05:26 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Kazenji
Kenny from South Park?!?...otherwise got no idea what you're on about.

That is a Joke/Trope about annoying kid characters in Giant Japanese Rubber Monster Movies. Particularly the Gamara Movies.

Yeesshh... I can't believe I had to explain that one on a Comic book/Movie Board.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2018 05:34 AM
ShadowFyre

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
IF mecha Godzilla is in this or a future installment I'd be so damn happy

Everything depends on whether this and Godzilla vs. Kong make money and if Toho let's Legendary and Warner Brothers renew the rights to Gojira and friends.

With the tone they are going, which I adore, beings like Camera, Ultra man, (different franchises) simply would not work.

I could see mecha Godzilla in the future, but they would need a serious boost in technology. But Godzilla vs. Kong is going to explore the Hollow Earth which I think is pretty cool so who knows what they will find down there.

And if the writers can find a good way to make a fight between Godzilla and Kong believable, or a giant, golden, 3 headed dragon then I have faith in them

Old Post Dec 17th, 2018 12:03 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Everything depends on whether this and Godzilla vs. Kong make money and if Toho let's Legendary and Warner Brothers renew the rights to Gojira and friends.

With the tone they are going, which I adore, beings like Camera, Ultra man, (different franchises) simply would not work. [/B]

Oh yea most definitely. I do think these films will be successful. I wanna see Gamera so badly lol.

I could see mecha Godzilla in the future, but they would need a serious boost in technology. But Godzilla vs. Kong is going to explore the Hollow Earth which I think is pretty cool so who knows what they will find down there.

And if the writers can find a good way to make a fight between Godzilla and Kong believable, or a giant, golden, 3 headed dragon then I have faith in them

Technology always changes so they should be to do Mecha Godzilla.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 17th, 2018 06:41 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Well, I'm not saying they couldn't, it would just be an odd transition as its basically the same military as our real worlds military so to just go "hey, we created a 400ft tall replica of Godzilla despite not having the technology or even the ability to create any of this stuff, and oh yeah, it shoots lasers, mazers, phasers, absolute zero cannon, summons the bifrost etc" Would just be poor storytelling

Old Post Dec 17th, 2018 06:54 PM
Bentley
Seitei

They could pull a time-travel gimmick, I actually think a Troyan horse tale could make sense to introduce Mecha Godzilla so an alien invasion in disguise is advanced. Nevermind, I just wrote the whole script for this movie in my head. They should let me Helm the Kaijuverse and be done with it.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Dec 17th, 2018 08:02 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote