KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019)

Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019)
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

Solid trailer.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 07:13 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Destiny Still Arrives

Amazing trailer. Kong has no chance against any of these monsters right now.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 07:15 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

looks really good

Thanks Steve.. UI Goku, Jiren and Vegeta

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 07:56 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage

This is going to be a great film
Amazing CGI

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 08:20 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Finally, a great trailer today.

By Stoic

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 08:37 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2
The doctor

So glad Godzilla is taking on some classic monsters

"Destiny arrives all the same. And now, it's here. Or should I say, I am."

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 10:24 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Meh

Needed better than that after how bad the first one was IMO.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 10:40 PM
Darth Thor is online now! Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I've watched his trailer 5 times already

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 10:43 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2
The doctor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Meh

Needed better than that after how bad the first one was IMO.

Was it any worse than the 1998 one?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 11:17 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Holy fuk, I'm so hyped to see King Ghidorah in 2019

PWNT

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 01:19 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by steverules_2
Was it any worse than the 1998 one?

Urm no. That one was the Batman&Robin of Godzilla films.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 01:25 AM
Darth Thor is online now! Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

this was without any doubt the best trailer WB put out, ALL the rest was SHIT...SHIT and more dogshit

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 01:59 AM
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Impediment
Looks good. Looks damn good.

Let's just hope that the monsters get more than 8 minutes of screen time this go around.

Oh Please dont let this turn out to be another Garth Edwards Phuking Snore Fest!!!

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 03:16 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji

Meh

don't like the tone that they went with for the trailer, Probably still going to see the movie itself.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 03:19 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
Ready to Snap!

Spoiler plot

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: : : The Monarch organization locates Mothra using the Orca, a device developed by Dr. Emma Russell (Vera Farmiga). Terrorists led by Ian Kane (Charles Dance) attack the base and capture Emma and her daughter Madison Russell (Millie Bobby Brown), while Mothra escapes. Emma’s ex-husband Mark Russell (Kyle Chandler) is recruited by Dr. Ichiro Serizawa (Ken Watanabe) and Dr. Vivienne Graham (Sally Hawkins) to help Monarch rescue them. They locate the terrorists in Antarctica and learn that Kane wants to unleash ancient monsters upon the world to restore its balance, and that Emma and Madison are working for him. Emma uses the Orca to awaken Ghidorah and escapes with Madison and Kane.

Kane and his followers go to Mexico to awaken Rodan. Godzilla intervenes, but is ambushed by Ghidorah and mortally wounded by the Oxygen Destroyer, an experimental weapon developed by the United States military. Ghidorah awakens more monsters around the world (some OCs, some old like Anguirus, some cryptids like Nessie) and goes on a rampage, leading Madison to realize it was a mistake to awaken him. While the military attempt to fight the monsters, Monarch finds Godzilla in an underwater temple in an ancient city and learn he is still alive. Serizawa sacrifices himself to detonate a nuclear weapon near Godzilla, who absorbs the radiation and regains his powers.

Madison uses the Orca to lure the monsters to Boston, where Kane and his followers are hiding, in hopes that one of them can kill Ghidorah. Emma leaves to rescue her while Kane and his followers escape. The monsters arrive. Mothra fights and severely injures Rodan before being killed by Ghidorah, who is then confronted by Godzilla. Emma sacrifices herself to use the Orca to distract Ghidorah long enough for Godzilla to kill him by melting him with atomic pulses, ripping off Ghidorah heads, starting to eat it, and melting it with an atomic breath as the head tries to slither out of his mouth. Mark reunites with Madison, while Godzilla becomes the “king of the monsters”, and the others bow to him.

In an after-credits scene, Kane returns to Mexico to retrieve a Destroyah crab found by a fisherman.

Regardless if true or not , I'm excited for this.

Last edited by Inhuman on Jul 22nd, 2018 at 04:41 AM

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 04:37 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834
Knight of Ren

"Long live the King." laughing out loud

They hired Dance just so he could deliver that line.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 08:09 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2
The doctor

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Urm no. That one was the Batman&Robin of Godzilla films.

Yes it was

The animated series we got from it though was pretty good

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 09:28 AM
Flyattractor

Originally posted by steverules_2
Yes it was

The animated series we got from it though was pretty good

This is True.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 09:37 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by ares834
"Long live the King." laughing out loud

They hired Dance just so he could deliver that line.
Honestly they're gonna have to be more specific anyways lol. Godzilla: King of Monsters? King Ghidorah? King Kong?

PWNT

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 04:32 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Destiny Still Arrives

The way the teased the monsters without completely revealing them was good.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 06:42 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote