KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019)

Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019)
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (40): « First ... « 36 37 [38] 39 40 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ShadowFyre

Sorry. Nuke

Old Post Oct 19th, 2019 04:27 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Nahy. The Big G is Hotter Star then the Sun in every way.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2019 09:42 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
There seemed like there was a lot of action with the monsters, but it was all so dark and difficult to appreciate what was really going on.

Compare it to the action and visual spectacle of Kong: Skull Island and it's just not as enjoyable.
This.

I finally got around to seeing G:KotM, and while there was lots of action, I felt like I couldn't really take in what was happening. Part of the problem is the constantly moving POV; I noticed this in the 2005 Kong movie when he was fighting the V-rexes. My POV doesn't need to be flying all over the place: trying to keep track of what's happening becomes not only difficult, but exhausting. I know it's done to increase the sense of drama and action, but frankly, still one of the best monster fights is original Kong fighting the single T-rex. There was a fixed POV (like of I was actually there, watching), and the fight was easy to follow and appreciate.

(Skull Island Kong also had one of the best fights ever: Kong vs the choppers. Broad daylight, easy to follow, with POV shifting from chopper to chopper as necessary, not frantically.)

Overall, I liked G:KotM, though it wasn't as good as I had hoped.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2019 08:11 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^I actually liked the king/3V-Rex fight. It didn’t seem all that hard to follow; though I agree the OG Kong/T-Rex fight was well done and still great to watch.
One thing I didn’t like about Skull Island was Kong getting scaled up. I know WHY it was done, but to me Kong works best at a smaller scale. He’s not a step on buildings monster he’s a climb the building monster.
Of course, no way a crossover can happen if he’s smaller, and they’re hell bent on it happening.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2019 08:22 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

@riv6672

I liked the V-rex fights; but I also saw original Kong later that day and his fight with the T-rex, and it honed for me why I found the T-rex fight more satisfying. I also find I appreciate the V-rex fights the more I watch them, as I can anticipate what's coming.

I agree with you on Skull Island Kong, but, as you pointed out, a Kong of original size is less to Godzilla than a human is to original Kong. I also think the whole Beauty and Beast theme worked better because Kong was closer to human scale.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2019 09:52 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^good point(s)! Especially the Beauty/Beast part.
It’s funny, but as a kid I never noticed how big they’d made Kong for his fight w. Godzilla. Now though, it’s my biggest gripe about the impending movie! stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 11th, 2019 11:17 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Finally watched this. While watching Godzilla 2014 and Kong: Skull Island, I got the feeling of a director with vision and a special hand on the material. Action and awe and character was handled with good balance. But this one - Michael Doughherty is a long time screenwriter turned director, and his constant creative decisions seems to be asking the question: What would Zack Snyder do? Answer: Pour on the excess! The film feels more numbing than thrilling by the end. And too many characters do stupid things in the same old cliched way.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Feb 14th, 2020 12:28 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

I've seen the action scene of Hong Kong War. The battle between Godzilla and Kong is about 5 minutes.
It's a completely continuous action scene that doesn't switch to the human story.
Godzilla looks like a beast. very violent.

So this is a direct quote from a legit source. Which is good news.

It says only 5 min but he means strictly Kong and Godzilla's 2nd fight and last solo fight but it doesn't sound like it's the last fight anymore.

Also the majority seem to think Godzilla and Kong were gonna team up against Mecha Godzilla and they still might, I have a different theory though and I kinda think MG and Kong are gonna team up on Goji. Which makes far more sense that they will need the teamup than Godzilla.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2020 11:24 AM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

So there was a test screening 2 days ago.

"Wingard nailed it"

"This is the best movie out of the modern Monsterverse yet"

exact quotes from viewer anon. And it looks like the runtime is right under 2 hrs

Old Post Feb 29th, 2020 02:54 PM
ShadowFyre

For anyone that is interested in the other Titans size here is the official heights for them

Scylla-341 ft

Methuselah-322

Behemoth-354 (when on all 4) apparently he can stand upright for brief periods which makes him ****ing huge

Old Post Jul 20th, 2020 04:46 PM
riv6672

Originally posted by ShadowFyre

"Wingard nailed it"

exact quotes from viewer anon. And it looks like the runtime is right under 2 hrs

The run time is encouraging to me for some reason.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2020 08:56 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

"Wingard nailed it"

We will see. DC/Warner films have pulled this tactic with past films and it turned out to be studio bulls**t. Until the film is actually released, I don't believe studio spread word of mouth.

Because the film got delayed, they need positive pr.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jul 26th, 2020 04:16 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

"Wingard nailed it"

how since theaters are closed....

also never ever believe what studios say since they said the same with bvs and we all know how that turned out

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 26th, 2020 07:02 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

That was in February, before the Covid. The movie has been in post since last year sometime I think. Where the hell I s the Godzilla vs. Kong thread? Had some pics I was gonna post

Old Post Jul 26th, 2020 09:55 PM
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

ViewerAnon is pretty reliable. He sees many films early.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2020 12:40 AM
playa1258 is online now! Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

I feel like Ghidora is the king of the monsters

Old Post Jul 27th, 2020 12:52 AM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

That was in February, before the Covid. The movie has been in post since last year sometime I think. Where the hell I s the Godzilla vs. Kong thread? Had some pics I was gonna post

that may be, however the film could be going thru rewrites/reshoots that they are not telling the media

Old Post Jul 27th, 2020 02:24 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

I've seen the action scene of Hong Kong War. The battle between Godzilla and Kong is about 5 minutes.
It's a completely continuous action scene that doesn't switch to the human story.
Godzilla looks like a beast. very violent.

So this is a direct quote from a legit source. Which is good news.

It says only 5 min but he means strictly Kong and Godzilla's 2nd fight and last solo fight but it doesn't sound like it's the last fight anymore.

Also the majority seem to think Godzilla and Kong were gonna team up against Mecha Godzilla and they still might, I have a different theory though and I kinda think MG and Kong are gonna team up on Goji. Which makes far more sense that they will need the teamup than Godzilla.

As long as Godzilla doesn’t lose to Kong I’m happy

Old Post Jul 27th, 2020 05:49 PM
xPRIMEx is currently offline Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Also I was thinking they might have to team up against Mecha King Ghidorah or just a new regenerated king ghidorah... remember they showed his head that Godzilla ripped off in the after credits scene. That could also be for a future movie though

Old Post Jul 27th, 2020 05:53 PM
xPRIMEx is currently offline Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by xPRIMEx
Also I was thinking they might have to team up against Mecha King Ghidorah or just a new regenerated king ghidorah... remember they showed his head that Godzilla ripped off in the after credits scene. That could also be for a future movie though

of course the team up lol

Old Post Jul 27th, 2020 06:56 PM