KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Vitiate: Overrated or Underrated?

Overrated/Underrated?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Over 27 67.50%
Under 13 32.50%
Total: 40 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Vitiate: Overrated or Underrated?
Started by: The_Tempest

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (19): « First ... « 17 18 [19]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dominis

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
In his debate where he persuaded you to move up Revan, he even admitted he just took what I already wrote in past debates and then sugarcoated it so you would read it, lol.
Very intelligent job on his part, but it is definitely a testament to your bias that you wouldn't read it unless it unless it had Dooku wank. Therefore I shall deem you as a worthless debater.
So yeah, sorry to tell you I don't really take your opinion with any credibility (nor do many active debaters). You claim no bias while in return you actively exploit grotesque double-standards daily.
---
Off to bed though, so night.

No, SKILLZ and I have had past debates about revan (other than that last post he wrote out) where he concluded that Revan was noticeably more powerful than Dooku by making very detailed feat analysis of Revan's inferiors, which happened to be quite impressive, to support his conclusion. As I said, it's not an insult to you at all. Both SKILLZ and NewGuy have shown to be beyond their years, and I would never have guessed them to be so young. To feel insulted or insecure about being far below SKILLZ simply suggests that you think too highly of yourself. Calm down I didn't insult you. I didn't even say you were a bad debater. You do go overboard with Revan, though. Also, I never claimed no bias.

BTW, if that last paragraph to missmith offended anyone here, I apologize; I should have used a different example. I was just trying to get across what makes him so annoying: he looks at himself as something he's not here, and actually thinks people acknowledge him as something he's not. Not to mention the lies he has to make up about his life to try to impress people who don't know him and who don't care.

Also, why is titts censored?

Last edited by Dominis on Jan 15th, 2015 at 06:05 PM

Old Post Jan 15th, 2015 05:57 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I'm not insecure, I am thriving off our discussion. Soon I might make a S66 Disrespect thread. (:< I'll respond later tonight.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jan 15th, 2015 06:11 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I'm not insecure, I am thriving off our discussion. Soon I might make a S66 Disrespect thread. (:< I'll respond later tonight.

I'll be waiting.

Can't wait for my thread either.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2015 06:22 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Can someone beyond their years explain what any of this has to do with Vitiate? Maybe it would be best to make a "Is DartAnt66 Overrated or Underrated?" Thread. The comedic vale here had worn off.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2015 07:24 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Darth Sidious have superior feats then even Abeloth.

So what would people say now?

Old Post Jan 15th, 2015 08:40 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD

Indeed he does. But she'd still eat him alive.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2015 09:00 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD

Does the concept of powerscaling elude the denizen's of this forum :hmm

If we're informed by word of god and narrative that Abeloth is more powerful, it's only logical to assume Abeloth can replicate the kind of energy Sidious can put behind his feats in some form or another.

Think of a theoretical Freeza vs Cell in Dragon Ball.

Freeza has better conventional feats in terms of collateral he doles out, but Cell is a good few magnitudes above him as shown by general narrative and him kicking the ever loving shit out of characters proven well above Freeza.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2015 09:08 PM
Click here to Send ChaosTheory123 a Private Message Find more posts by ChaosTheory123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by The_Tempest
Indeed he does. But she'd still eat him alive.

She lost many avatars in her confrontations.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2015 10:22 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheDarthBoy

i think people hate vitiate because of what he did to revan tbh

Old Post Jan 16th, 2015 06:25 AM
Click here to Send TheDarthBoy a Private Message Find more posts by TheDarthBoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

The drama in this thread pleases me.

As for the OP, Vitiate is probably one of the most over-wanked characters in the history of Star Wars. Duh.

Old Post May 27th, 2016 02:35 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gideongarner01

Yes he is. He’s definitely not as overrated as sidious.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2019 10:11 PM
Click here to Send gideongarner01 a Private Message Find more posts by gideongarner01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McP

He's overrated as well as underrated.

In Legends, it was confirmed in many sources, including a reference books (part of G-canon in Legends) that during ROTS, Sidious was a most powerful Sith Lord in history. It might be debateble, if his ROTJ version would be stronger or if his DE version would be stronger (superior knolwegde of that version is confirmed). It might be also debatable, if "Zonakin" wasn't stronger then him, but its rather unlikely.

Mace is confirmed as a guy, who could compete with Sidious. So is Yoda, but he was consider, for a long peroid of time, consider as marginaly inferior to Sidious. Mostly due to ROTS Novel in my opinion, which - in my opinion as well - was inconsisted with a movie. I always prefered to use ROTS script, which seems to show Yoda as marginaly superior.
Dooku could compete with Yoda in AotC and was almost stomped by enraged Anakin during ROTS. There is a lot of quotes, that are putting Mace and Dooku in the same league.

So it should be something like that in movies:

Tier 1: Yoda, Sidious
Tier 2: Dooku, Mace
with Anakin being in either Tier 1 or 2, probably somewhere between those two tiers

or

Tier 1: Yoda, Sidious
Tier 2: Anakin, Mace
Tier 3 (or 2,5): Dooku
with Obi-Wan, one or half tier below Dooku, which shoould be clear

In both scenarios, suited Vader should be in tier 2 at best, probably below Anakin, Mace and Dooku.

By my own powerscaling, Revan is Anakin/Mace/Dooku/Vader level at best. Might be stronger then some of them, inferior to some of them, but still in the same league. Vitiate dominated mentally both Revan and Malak, then defeated Revan, who was supported by his droid and Meetra (before Scourge's decision to kill her). And he did it... well, that wasn't close tbh. But Revan could compete.

So KOTOR/TOR tiers would be like that:

Tier 1: Vitiate
Tier 2: Revan
Tier 3: Malak, Meetra perhaps

Since it's reasonable to put Revan in the same league with Vader, it's also reasonable to put Vitiate above. In the same league with Yoda/Sidious, but with a notion, that he's somehow inferior to them.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2019 03:09 PM
Click here to Send McP a Private Message Find more posts by McP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Overrated by Vitiots.
Underrated by Sheevites.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Oct 26th, 2019 04:43 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IdrisianGraecus

Meh, kind of underrated. As of SWTOR, I hold him as an equal to SoR Revan, but he's in no way weak. Especially with the absurd scaling chains Revan gets from Malak as of KOTOR.

SWTOR Vitiate ~ SoR Revan >> KOTOR Revan >>> Tired Hindered SF Revan > SF Malak >>> Malak >> Kun >> Nadd >> Sadow

or the same thing, but with Kun >> THON, Ood, Vodo, etc.

also Kun ~ JA Luke

Old Post Oct 29th, 2019 09:21 PM
Click here to Send IdrisianGraecus a Private Message Find more posts by IdrisianGraecus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

>I think Vitiate is underrated
>I hold him as equal to Revan

laughing

Old Post Oct 30th, 2019 02:30 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IdrisianGraecus

Originally posted by NewGuy01
>I think Vitiate is underrated
>I hold him as equal to Revan

laughing

Thanks for the sarcasm buddy. Revan being equal to Vitiate is possible, given that during their fight in the novel, Revan fights him on even grounds for a majority of the fight, despite being hindered by the nexus of Dromund Kaas. Nobody actually gives a shit about the nexus on any forum, despite Dromund Kaas 4000 years later (far weakened - Nexuses weaken a lot over time), is still able to muddle the reflexes of the likes of Luke Skywalker. Jaina Solo, Ben Skywalker, and Vestara Khai are overwhelmed by Kaas, and Luke is hindered absurdly. Revan's growth is noted throughout SoR, and despite characters thinking Revan can't beat Vitiate, it is to be noted that Revan would've effortlessly shitstomped the strike team (Light Revan aided) with a fragment of his power (He was likely saving his power for the "main event", or the ritual to summon Vitiate).

Old Post Oct 31st, 2019 12:20 AM
Click here to Send IdrisianGraecus a Private Message Find more posts by IdrisianGraecus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by IdrisianGraecus
Thanks for the sarcasm buddy. Revan being equal to Vitiate is possible, given that during their fight in the novel, Revan fights him on even grounds for a majority of the fight, despite being hindered by the nexus of Dromund Kaas. Nobody actually gives a shit about the nexus on any forum, despite Dromund Kaas 4000 years later (far weakened - Nexuses weaken a lot over time), is still able to muddle the reflexes of the likes of Luke Skywalker. Jaina Solo, Ben Skywalker, and Vestara Khai are overwhelmed by Kaas, and Luke is hindered absurdly. Revan's growth is noted throughout SoR, and despite characters thinking Revan can't beat Vitiate, it is to be noted that Revan would've effortlessly shitstomped the strike team (Light Revan aided) with a fragment of his power (He was likely saving his power for the "main event", or the ritual to summon Vitiate).
Did you know these are fictional people that the real world doesn't care about?

Old Post Oct 31st, 2019 05:12 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote