KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Vitiate: Overrated or Underrated?

Overrated/Underrated?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Over 27 67.50%
Under 13 32.50%
Total: 40 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Vitiate: Overrated or Underrated?
Started by: The_Tempest

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (19): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
psmith81992
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The_Tempest
You've made your case, my son. Well done.
I see your sense of humor has improved.

There'll be a golden ladder reaching down.
When the man comes around.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 07:32 PM
Click here to Send psmith81992 a Private Message Find more posts by psmith81992 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Originally posted by psmith81992
I see your sense of humor has improved.

Whether or not you agree with it, he actually gave reasons. The Vitiate campaign is pretty flaccid here, Beefy. Show 'em how it's done.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 07:37 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

LeGenD has more credibility then you these days, Temp. Not sure why you're talking.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 07:40 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Make your case, b1tch. Right now, S66 is mushroom tapping the hell out of you.

That he's underrated? People like carthage, stigma and others say that he's worthless and can be easily blitzed by Anakin and up. He's hyped as an almost godlike being of pure dark power who whooped Revan in seconds, yet people hold more respect for the latter than him and suggest that without a nexus and prep he's a limp-wristed feeb. People routinely suggest that people like Sidious, Yoda, Caedus, Plagueis and even Talzin can stomp him. He's underrated by many. I don't know how you think I should establish that without extensively quoting past posts.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 07:42 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Originally posted by Nephthys
That he's underrated? People like carthage, stigma and others say that he's worthless and can be easily blitzed by Anakin and up. He's hyped as an almost godlike being of pure dark power who whooped Revan in seconds, yet people hold more respect for the latter than him and suggest that without a nexus and prep he's a limp-wristed feeb. People routinely suggest that people like Sidious, Yoda, Caedus, Plagueis and even Talzin can stomp him. He's underrated by many. I don't know how you think I should establish that without extensively quoting past posts.

This will do just fine. Proud of you, big boy.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 07:43 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Btw, the case of Vitiates superiority over Sidious is because he its embarrassingly superior to a Yoda tier Force user and the Dread Master collective.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 07:43 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
LeGenD has more credibility then you these days, Temp. Not sure why you're talking.

(please log in to view the image)

You're silly. And shamelessly regurgitating my own remarks.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 07:45 PM
The_Tempest

{Though I would ask if you stand beside LeGenD and Ant in their opinion of the character.}

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 07:51 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Yeah you know those great DMs that got beaten by fodder Jedi thumb up

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 07:52 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Sheer feats wise, Palpatine (DE) have most impressive showings in the entire mythos. I don't see why only known feats are being considered for evaluation here.

Exactly. Unknown feats are much better. Remember when Obi-Wan absorbed a sun?

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 07:59 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

{Though I would ask if you stand beside LeGenD and Ant in their opinion of the character.}

I'm open to the idea that Vitiate could be greater than Sidious. He certainly should be, due to being an unprecedented dark power even before he drained 8000 Sith Lords and the energy of a planet and then spent 1400 years continually growing more powerful and mastering the darkside more than anyone else possibly could. Based on that, Legends assessment of him approaching One-like strength should be accurate.

However, Karpyshan and Bioware royally ****ed that up by having Revan and others actually able to compete with him and portraying his abilities extremely poorly. If Bioware wants to get back to portraying him as unimaginably powerful again in the coming expansions, well I'm open to that. As of now though his showings don't support that assessment. I still think that he has some of the greatest Force powers of anyone, particularly in telepathy and lightning where my opinion stands that he's the greatest practitioner of both. But Bioware seriously needs to step up it's game to match the reality with their hype.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 08:04 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

I'm open to the idea that Vitiate could be greater than Sidious. He certainly should be, due to being an unprecedented dark power even before he drained 8000 Sith Lords and the energy of a planet and then spent 1400 years continually growing more powerful and mastering the darkside more than anyone else possibly could. Based on that, Legends assessment of him approaching One-like strength should be accurate.

However, Karpyshan and Bioware royally ****ed that up by having Revan and others actually able to compete with him and portraying his abilities extremely poorly. If Bioware wants to get back to portraying him as unimaginably powerful again in the coming expansions, well I'm open to that. As of now though his showings don't support that assessment. I still think that he has some of the greatest Force powers of anyone, particularly in telepathy and lightning where my opinion stands that he's the greatest practitioner of both. But Bioware seriously needs to step up it's game to match the reality with their hype.

no expression

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 08:10 PM
Dominis

Originally posted by Stigma
Don't worry. Palpatine has also better hype, and as of RotS. thumb up

True, which is why I pointed that out as well.

LeGenD wants to disregard Palpatine's greatest feat because it happens to be the most destructive and potent attacks in the mythos, yet he constantly wanks Vitiate's aided ritual feats as if they represent his own natural power.

The thing is, there are force users who have quotes, confirming them to be above Sidious, regardless of Sidious unmatched showing, so it's safe to assume that those confirmed superior characters are capable of producing more power. Hell, it's implied that both the son and daughter have the power to destroy the universe if released from Mortis. In Luke's case, he is a light sider, so naturally he wouldn't unleash such destructive energy, just as we'd never see Yoda unleashing energy as potent as ROTS Sidious, but we know he matches Sidious in power. Luke has feats that exceed Sidious's in certain areas, and we have showings from him that indicate he has the power to produce more destructive attacks than Sidious. Vitiate has absolutely nothing to suggest he rivals Sidious in power, so his hype and quotes are irrelevant compared to someone greater than him.

I just want to see a case made for Vitiate. How is he underrated?

Last edited by Dominis on Jan 13th, 2015 at 08:17 PM

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 08:12 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

no expression

What? You've agreed that Vitiate's hype should make him ****ing godly before, so what's the problem?

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 08:14 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Vitiate doesnt compare to Sidious at all, obviously Sidious is faster, more skilled, more powerful, and doesnt need a nexus to accomplish virtually everything

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 08:20 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

I find he moves back and forth between over and under rated.

Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
I just want to see a case made for Vitiate. How is he underrated?

Btw, the case of Vitiates superiority over Sidious is because he its embarrassingly superior to a Yoda tier Force user and the Dread Master collective.

The Dread Master's are capable of mentally tormenting the entire galaxy: "... the Dread Masters plot to torment the galaxy from their ancient fortress compound."
The Dread Master's dominated a Force-sensitive to insanity who had previously "passed all the psych tests, resisted every mind-altering device and chemical they could find."
The Dread Master's effects are irreparable, even on the highest of prestige: "... minds have been irreparably dominated by the power of the Dread Masters."
The Dread Master's have complete loyalty over their minions, rendering them insane: "Dread Masters have rendered their followers both completely loyal and incurably, paranoically insane."
The Dread Master's continue artifacts beyond Reublic and Imperial understanding: "... a collection of powerful and ancient technologies that lie well outside of our scientific understanding."
The Dread Master's are capable of "inducing widespread terror, paranoia, and hallucinations" on entire planets and Republic fleets, which will be mentioned again later.
The Dread Master's are one of the most powerful threats the Hero of Tython, Darth Nox and the Emperor's Wrath ever faced: "... one of the greatest challenges anyone in our order has faced."
The Dread Master's corruption abilities are so great that they were able to "affect" Oricon, a previously unknown moon, to where it was "immeasurably strong with the dark side."
The Dread Master's power is so great that during their final confrontation in the galaxy, they were regarded as ultimately "the galaxy’s greatest threat."
The Dread Master's have "studied the power of the Phobis devices, artifacts that have driven even the most depraved Sith mad with terror" to complete mastery.
The Dread Master's destroyed "entire Republic fleets during the Great War" and caused dozens of Republic warships to have gone missing" out of the fear and terror.
The Dread Master's have a "immense strength in the Force" and "incredible, unprecedented power over the dark side of the Force" even in the midst of combat situations.
The Dread Master's farsight abilities "of what might come to pass spared the Sith Empire from slave rebellions, Republic ambushes and internal disruptions many times over"
The Dread Master's were capable of compelling "a trio of hardened Republic soldiers to end their own lives by simply talking to them" even while locked in an ancient prison.

Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I hope carthage posts a lot here, because I'm sure everything he says will help my case immensely.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 08:23 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

The same usual garbage you post wanking his nexus feats and failing to provide any actual showings of Vitiate's power without external aid? Lol ok thumb up

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 08:25 PM
Dominis

no expression

My expression exactly lmao.

Neph, stop.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 08:27 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote