KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Vitiate: Overrated or Underrated?

Overrated/Underrated?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Over 27 67.50%
Under 13 32.50%
Total: 40 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Vitiate: Overrated or Underrated?
Started by: The_Tempest

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (19): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

quote:
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
quote: (post)
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
I just want to see a case made for Vitiate. How is he underrated?

Btw, the case of Vitiates superiority over Sidious is because he its embarrassingly superior to a Yoda tier Force user and the Dread Master collective.

The Dread Master's are capable of mentally tormenting the entire galaxy: "... the Dread Masters plot to torment the galaxy from their ancient fortress compound."
The Dread Master's dominated a Force-sensitive to insanity who had previously "passed all the psych tests, resisted every mind-altering device and chemical they could find."
The Dread Master's effects are irreparable, even on the highest of prestige: "... minds have been irreparably dominated by the power of the Dread Masters."
The Dread Master's have complete loyalty over their minions, rendering them insane: "Dread Masters have rendered their followers both completely loyal and incurably, paranoically insane."
The Dread Master's continue artifacts beyond Reublic and Imperial understanding: "... a collection of powerful and ancient technologies that lie well outside of our scientific understanding."
The Dread Master's are capable of "inducing widespread terror, paranoia, and hallucinations" on entire planets and Republic fleets, which will be mentioned again later.
The Dread Master's are one of the most powerful threats the Hero of Tython, Darth Nox and the Emperor's Wrath ever faced: "... one of the greatest challenges anyone in our order has faced."
The Dread Master's corruption abilities are so great that they were able to "affect" Oricon, a previously unknown moon, to where it was "immeasurably strong with the dark side."
The Dread Master's power is so great that during their final confrontation in the galaxy, they were regarded as ultimately "the galaxy’s greatest threat."
The Dread Master's have "studied the power of the Phobis devices, artifacts that have driven even the most depraved Sith mad with terror" to complete mastery.
The Dread Master's destroyed "entire Republic fleets during the Great War" and caused dozens of Republic warships to have gone missing" out of the fear and terror.
The Dread Master's have a "immense strength in the Force" and "incredible, unprecedented power over the dark side of the Force" even in the midst of combat situations.
The Dread Master's farsight abilities "of what might come to pass spared the Sith Empire from slave rebellions, Republic ambushes and internal disruptions many times over"
The Dread Master's were capable of compelling "a trio of hardened Republic soldiers to end their own lives by simply talking to them" even while locked in an ancient prison.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 08:29 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

My expression exactly lmao.

Neph, stop.

I thought my post was reasonable. I recognize the realities and based on his showings and feats only put Vitiate on Sidious' level, not above him or even necessarily on par with him. I also recognize the ridiculous hype Bioware has attempted with him and I'm open to future developments. I don't think Vitiate will ever actually be Legend-style One levels of silliness, I just think his backstory should have suggested similar levels. This isn't the case though.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 08:34 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I thought it was as well. Vitiate supposedly has the power of thousands of Sith and an entire planet at his disposal. He should be far more powerful than any Jedi or Sith. However, his actual displays place him on an even level with the higher tiers.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 08:37 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psmith81992
Restricted

Account Restricted

If you are going to listen to reason for the most part, read gideons shit. If you want a treasure trove of biased stupidity, s66 is your guy.

There'll be a golden ladder reaching down.
When the man comes around.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 08:41 PM
Click here to Send psmith81992 a Private Message Find more posts by psmith81992 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by psmith81992
If you are going to listen to reason for the most part, read gideons shit. If you want a treasure trove of biased stupidity, s66 is your guy.

My feelings about you constantly shift from raw hatred to an unhealthy obsession.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 08:43 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Neph = Legend sock, confirmed January 13th 2015.

Ant, I like that the only quote you didn't put in that little respect thread of yours was that the dread masters are literally nothing without each other, and that they are basically one collective person. You act like individually they're all top tier, but it's simply not true.

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 08:48 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by ares834
I thought it was as well. Vitiate supposedly has the power of thousands of Sith and an entire planet at his disposal. He should be far more powerful than any Jedi or Sith. However, his actual displays place him on an even level with the higher tiers.

Not to mention 300 years of draining the shit out of Revan. And yeah, the power of 8000 Sith Lords should make him insanely beyond anyone else. Eight ****ing thousand. It's absurd.

Last edited by Nephthys on Jan 13th, 2015 at 08:51 PM

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 08:49 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psmith81992
Restricted

Account Restricted

My feelings about you constantly shift from raw hatred to an unhealthy obsession.
I call it like i see it. Sugar coating is for pussies.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 08:55 PM
Click here to Send psmith81992 a Private Message Find more posts by psmith81992 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by Selenial
Ant, I like that the only quote you didn't put in that little respect thread of yours was that the dread masters are literally nothing without each other, and that they are basically one collective person. You act like individually they're all top tier, but it's simply not true.

Ah, I thrive off comments like these. The double-standards are so blunt I can get high off of it.
Your Exile respect thread on her combat abilities failed to mention she got whooped by Nyriss.
[Insert offensive line here that I will censor out because I like you roll eyes (sarcastic) ]

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 08:57 PM
Dominis

[/QUOTE]

The fact that you would say Vitiate is more powerful than Yoda is as stupid as using a fallible in-universe source who states Vitiate is greater than the combined might of the dread masters, whose best feats are their telepathic abilities. Not to mention that their individual power is hard to evaluate, especially in terms of combat; obviously as Cart pointed out, they're not so impressive in terms of combat. Sidious proved that even a group of some of the jedis' best are nothing to him. Not to mention he has shown he can effortlessly ragdoll other extremely powerful force user (even two at a time), whom are capable of ragdolling other powerful force users. Even Dooku can be easily killed by Sidious from a distance of light years. Sorry, I don't find Vitiate's quote all that impressive compared to what Sidious has shown to be capable of doing. Sidious still has that quote that calls him a dark side nexus powerful enough to rip apart the fabric of space/time, that particular quote itself is greater than any quote Vitiate has in regards to force power, and it's not even an exaggerated/hyperbolic quote, as Sidious has shown that he has the power to do so (and with a mere thougth, at that). That's not even bringing up the quote that said Palpatine's force storm threatened to consume "all of space" (Comics Companion). That's not including tons of superior quotes Sidious has to his name, period.

Seriously, Vitiate more powerful than Yoda? Lmao

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 08:57 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Ah, I thrive off comments like these. The double-standards are so blunt I can get high off of it.
Your Exile respect thread on her combat abilities failed to mention she got whooped by Nyriss.
[Insert offensive line here that I will censor out because I like you roll eyes (sarcastic) ]

On a dark side nexus, after visiting Natheema. You subscribe to the worthless notion that unlike every other Jedi in history, Meetra totally wasn't wounded. I don't. That's an interpretation of canon material, one your beloved god thinks is perfectly fine.

On the other hand you're ignoring a blatantly stated canon fact, I fail to see how they're different.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 08:59 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

True, which is why I pointed that out as well.

LeGenD wants to disregard Palpatine's greatest feat because it happens to be the most destructive and potent attacks in the mythos, yet he constantly wanks Vitiate's aided ritual feats as if they represent his own natural power.

I want to disregard that? No.

Disney may do it though.

As for Emperor, what you do not get is that he continued to increase in power with passage of time and also continued to hone his talents in the dark side further. He is officially noted to have explored the most sinister and uncharted depths of the dark side. Therefore, it is not far-fetched to assume that Emperor could perform Nathema event single-handedly after a spending centuries to improve his abilities in sorcery along with continuous growth in power. Emperor did single-handedly corrupt the entire atmosphere of a gigantic planet (i.e. Dromund Kaas) at a certain point after the Nathema event, as an example.

By the way, Force Storm (Wormhole) power can be learned. Jedi Order banned its practice. In addition, It is possible that Emperor have knowledge of this power, based on his exploration of most sinister and uncharted depths of the dark side.

In short, Emperor's character leaves room for lot of creative liberties.

The thing is, there are force users who have quotes, confirming them to be above Sidious, regardless of Sidious unmatched showing, so it's safe to assume that those confirmed superior characters are capable of producing more power. Hell, it's implied that both the son and daughter have the power to destroy the universe if released from Mortis. In Luke's case, he is a light sider, so naturally he wouldn't unleash such destructive energy, just as we'd never see Yoda unleashing energy as potent as ROTS Sidious, but we know he matches Sidious in power. Luke has feats that exceed Sidious's in certain areas, and we have showings from him that indicate he has the power to produce more destructive attacks than Sidious. Vitiate has absolutely nothing to suggest he rivals Sidious in power, so his hype and quotes are irrelevant compared to someone greater than him.

The Ones and Abeloth are stronger then Sidious (Canon incarnation). Not sure how Palpatine (DE) is measured in comparison to them.

I really do not buy that hype of Son and Daughter honestly. They failed to destroy Abeloth for instance.

In addition, Son attacked Obi-Wan, Anakin and Ahsoka with his telekinetic powers and outcome was not better in comparison to other Force-user juggernauts who have comparable showings in the mythos. So if Son could really destroy the Universe, why couldn't he vaporize 3 Jedi?

I find that statement of Father manipulative since he wanted Anakin to take his place. To convince Anakin, it would make sense for the Father to concoct a scary story for the Jedi to give his request a consideration.

Also, Abeloth is the reason why The Ones resided in Mortis.

I just want to see a case made for Vitiate. How is he underrated?

I just did right above.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Jan 13th, 2015 at 09:06 PM

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 08:59 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Originally posted by psmith81992

Well I can't quite say anything similar about you, because no one here cares about your life, let alone the lies you make up about your life in order to impress people who don't know you.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 09:03 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

quote:
In short, Emperor's character leaves room for lot of creative liberties.

I love it when Legend uses phrases he doesn't understand, accidently admitting most of his arguments are BS.

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 09:04 PM
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by Selenial
I love it when Legend uses phrases he doesn't understand, accidently admitting most of his arguments are BS.

Care to enlighten?

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 09:07 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

The fact that you would say Vitiate is more powerful than Yoda is as stupid as using a fallible in-universe source who states Vitiate is greater than the combined might of the dread masters, whose best feats are their telepathic abilities.

The Dread Master's telepathic and corruption abilities turned a planet into an indescribably powerful nexus of dark side energies. They are no joke.

Not to mention that their individual power is hard to evaluate, especially in terms of combat; obviously as Cart pointed out, they're not so impressive in terms of combat.

They are very impressive in combat, the fact you don't know that proves you lack education on them and therefore you discussing them is pathetic.

Sidious proved that even a group of some of the jedis' best are nothing to him.

Last time I check, the only time Sidious took on the Jedi's best is when they forced him into crying for Anakin to save him, unless I am mistaken?

Not to mention he has shown he can effortlessly ragdoll other extremely powerful force user (even two at a time), whom are capable of ragdolling other powerful force users.

This isn't more impressive then Revan's feat, hun. Once the barrier is broken, it doesn't matter what character A does with characters B, C, D, etc.

Even Dooku can be easily killed by Sidious from a distance of light years.

You say that as if it has some real meaning, and if Dooku actually had a Force Barrier on in the protective barries of his castle.

Sorry, I don't find Vitiate's quote all that impressive compared to what Sidious has shown to be capable of doing.

That's your failings, not mine.

Sidious still has that quote that calls him a dark side nexus powerful enough to rip apart the fabric of space/time, that particular quote itself is greater than any quote Vitiate has in regards to force power, and it's not even an exaggerated/hyperbolic quote, as Sidious has shown that he has the power to do so (and with a mere thougth, at that).

Indeed, DE Sidious is very impressive, though I fail to see how linking two places together via the power of the Force is more impressive then utterly consuming all that space and time for infinite more miles.

That's not even bringing up the quote that said Palpatine's force storm threatened to consume "all of space" (Comics Companion).

Can I have a quote on this?

quote:
On a dark side nexus, after visiting Natheema. You subscribe to the worthless notion that unlike every other Jedi in history, Meetra totally wasn't wounded. I don't. That's an interpretation of canon material, one your beloved god thinks is perfectly fine.

On the other hand you're ignoring a blatantly stated canon fact, I fail to see how they're different.

This pissed me off too much to where I know I won't be able to respond without offending you, so I won't.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 09:08 PM
psmith81992
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
My answer to this thread is Obvious. I believe that just by placing him on par with Sidious is overrating him. A feat to feat comparison, Sidious has him beat solidly. DE Sidious makes Vitiate look like a mere child playing around with rituals to pull off feats that are less potent than feats Sidious can pull off with mere thoughts which come from Sidious's own natural power, without aid. In terms of accolades and hype, Sidious has him beat there pretty solidly as well.

Out of the dumb things said in this thread so far, the bold text is numero uno. I mean, wow.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 09:11 PM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Care to enlighten?

A creative or artistic liberty is basically pure exaggeration. For example, historical films take "creative liberties" that hold little historical accuracy in the attempt of making them more dramatic, even if they don't stay true to what they actually were.

If you want to learn more, read up on Coppola's film Marie Antoinette, that's probably the most well known one.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 09:12 PM
Dominis

Ant you're more enjoyable when you attempt to insult me. You're starting to sound like LeGenD when you attempt to debate, honestly.

Do you have any insults for me, BTW?

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 09:14 PM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Ant, what planet did the DM's turn into a Nexus? Oricon always was...

And they used artefacts for that anyway.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 09:14 PM