KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » KMC: Choose ONE Power

KMC: Choose ONE Power
Started by: Blair Wind

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (83): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
The thread say low Herald. Manhattenis around mid.

According to this forum DM is low herald.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 11:05 PM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

That's bullshit. He's basically a god-like being himself, who said that?

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 11:17 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Actually, having not used a knee jerk reaction....

The Spot's powers.

I've always wanted them; the ultimate power under herald for me.

Team up with me and glory awaits!

Need someone killed? I port their head off.
Need transport? I'm there.
Need to BFR someone? I love that.
Need to hide from telepathy? Sure.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 11:22 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Blair Wind
That's bullshit. He's basically a god-like being himself, who said that?

95% of the board that argues against him..

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 11:25 PM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

I'm assuming we also get our own intellects and personalities with these powers, correct?

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 11:28 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by Time Immemorial
95% of the board that argues against him..
Pretty sure most people just think he isn't above high herald.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 11:32 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

I think the argument against Manhattan has always been that in implied power Manhattan's basically Solar, but in on-panel application he doesn't have the feats to beat someone like Silver Surfer or Superman because he never faced another superhuman being the lone superhuman in his entire universe. He can't really be argued because there's no way to accurately gauge where he'd stand in combat.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 11:48 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by MF DELPH
I think the argument against Manhattan has always been that in implied power Manhattan's basically Solar, but in on-panel application he doesn't have the feats to beat someone like Silver Surfer or Superman because he never faced another superhuman being the lone superhuman in his entire universe. He can't really be argued because there's no way to accurately gauge where he'd stand in combat.
Well, based on implied power SS is basically Solar.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 12:13 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

No one banned my Vandal Savage immortality. The other kind of immortality (and, admittedly, far weaker kind) was just a backup. So no one has taken me out yet, unless Blair rules against me.

Suck it, poozers.

stick out tongue

Also, lol @ goob's stealth PM entry into the thread. Very creative. thumb up

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 12:27 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Digi
No one banned my Vandal Savage immortality. The other kind of immortality (and, admittedly, far weaker kind) was just a backup. So no one has taken me out yet, unless Blair rules against me.

Suck it, poozers.

stick out tongue

I atomized you long ago. evil face

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 12:30 AM
carver9

Suck it, poozers.

stick out tongue

What's his best TP defense?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 12:39 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Psychic Powers: Toyo Harada
Or
Iron Man Extremis 3.0

Last edited by "Id" on Jan 14th, 2015 at 01:06 AM

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 01:00 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I atomized you long ago. evil face

You're not getting Manhattan, k? Play by the rules. Besides, it's a single power. You chose a character, not a power. In a ton of peoples' opinions, DM is nowhere near low herald, so I'm not sure where you're getting this. If you picked him in a low herald tourney, you'd be laughed out of the draft thread. But you're still violating the one power rule, so there's that.

Also, I'm not entirely sure that would work on Savage, though I'm not sure what his best regen feat is. But in no world is he > low herald, so I'm definitely within my rights unless Blair decides on a "no cheese" rule with these things.

Originally posted by carver9
What's his best TP defense?

Dunno, but it's irrelevant. He's immortal. Like, Mr. Immortal, Jack Harkness, can't-be-killed immortal. You can mindrape me and KO me for decades...I'll just outlast you.

Last edited by Digi on Jan 14th, 2015 at 01:59 AM

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 01:55 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

You're not getting Manhattan, k? Play by the rules. Besides, it's a single power. You chose a character, not a power. In a ton of peoples' opinions, DM is nowhere near low herald, so I'm not sure where you're getting this. If you picked him in a low herald tourney, you'd be laughed out of the draft thread. But you're still violating the one power rule, so there's that.

Also, I'm not entirely sure that would work on Savage, though I'm not sure what his best regen feat is. But in no world is he > low herald, so I'm definitely within my rights unless Blair decides on a "no cheese" rule with these things.

Dunno, but it's irrelevant. He's immortal. Like, Mr. Immortal, Jack Harkness, can't-be-killed immortal. You can mindrape me and KO me for decades...I'll just outlast you.
Didn't Jack die before though?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 02:05 AM
krisblaze

Low herald and down? So many sick choices.

Dr.Light or Apocalypse for me.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 02:07 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by krisblaze
Low herald and down? So many sick choices.

Dr.Light or Apocalypse for me.
Apocalypse is a pretty formidable street leveler, good choice.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 02:08 AM
carver9

What power would you get from Doctor light or Apocalypse? It's a single power not their entire powerset. Is Apocalypse a low Herald?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 02:08 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Carver, what are you talking about?

Light manipulation and the ability to control your own molecules.

Originally posted by Mindset
Apocalypse is a pretty formidable street leveler, good choice.

Haha what?
1)It must be low herald or below (ie: no green lantern ring, no power cosmic, no reality warping, no time). Pick something interesting that doesn't make you god.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 02:10 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

According to this forum DM is low herald.
Anyone who literally can't die no matter what, can walk on stars, travel through time, become intangible, multiply, grow, control matter, is much higher than a low herald.
What mid herald can beat someone like that?
Hell, what high herald could beat someone like that?

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 02:12 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Cassandra Nova might be the best choice, to instagib everyone with telepathy.

Originally posted by h1a8
Anyone who literally can't die no matter what, can walk on stars, travel through time, become intangible, multiply, grow, control matter, is much higher than a low herald.
What mid herald can beat someone like that?
Hell, what high herald could beat someone like that?

Any high herald?

Almost all mid heralds?

Also, kindly **** off with your attempts at turning this into a Dr.M discussion.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 02:14 AM