KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » KMC: Choose ONE Power

KMC: Choose ONE Power
Started by: Blair Wind

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (83): « First ... « 77 78 [79] 80 81 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Digi
Forum Leader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by "Id"
Is thing over?

It is. We're waiting on the judges, who understandably have a lot to consider.

Originally posted by Scoobless
Going by the original premise of the thread, do you believe everyone drafted the single power they REALLY want irl? Or do you think some drafted just looking for something that could win this game?

Well sh*t, if that's the actual criteria, I switch to my original pick of Vandal Savage. Immortality ftw.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2015 02:37 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Vampirism...

With it, I'd conquer the world...

Old Post Feb 1st, 2015 02:40 AM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

I understand some of these powers as being, well..."powerful" but being a top level tp would make life boring, radiation & tactile TK? I'd be scared for people around me.

Animal powers, speed, teleportation, weather? Cool, fun.

City power, size changing? Useful

Evolution. No worrying about dying/being hurt = no excitement

Obviously gravity is fun, just don't lose your temper or thousands of people just disappear

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Feb 1st, 2015 02:53 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Going by the original premise of the thread, do you believe everyone drafted the single power they REALLY want irl? Or do you think some drafted just looking for something that could win this game?

Well, I personally tried for a compromise. I chose a power I'd like to have in real life and would give me a good shot at winning. After all, if you lose you can't keep the power. Telepathy wouldn't necessarily be my first choice in a different scenario, although it is always pretty high on my list.

Many picks lean one way or the other though. I don't want to end all of humanity, so purely destructive powers are less useful to me back in the real world. I'd use my telepathy to "cheat" at life, and I'd stop a lot of human rights violations out there. I could completely end war as we know it. The sex trade? Yeah, that ends when I reprogram certain people. Slavery? Gone. Rape? Gone. Murder? Gone. Bad comic stories? Gone. Education? I can share the knowledge of our greatest minds with anyone. Language? I can make everyone understand each other.

Most importantly, I will never pay for anything ever again.

Last edited by StyleTime on Feb 1st, 2015 at 03:03 AM

Old Post Feb 1st, 2015 02:54 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by StyleTime
Most importantly, I will never pay for anything ever again.

The journey to the dark side is not sudden, it is travelled inch by corruptive inch.

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Feb 1st, 2015 03:26 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Radioactive Manipulation would change the world bro, for the better!

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Feb 1st, 2015 04:10 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by krisblaze
Radioactive Manipulation would change the world bro, for the better!

Expect that one night you have a bad dream and go nuclear.

no expression

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Feb 1st, 2015 04:17 AM
Smurph
------

Animal powers, speed, teleportation, weather? Cool, fun.
For years, when people ask the 'if you could have ANY superpower...' question, I've been answering 'Animal Man's Power', and then having to explain it to noobs.

I usually explained that I thought replicating animals would offer the perfect amount of exhilaration without crossing over to the 'so powerful you're distant from humanity' point.

Obviously for this tourney I went directly against that line of thought...

Old Post Feb 1st, 2015 06:36 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

and we would expect no less. thumb up

i think size changing would be very cool but irl i'd still be tempted to go with something like reed's brain or forge's inventive skills. that'd be sooooo awesome.... i nearly chose forge for this, but wasn't sure where the limits of his tech would end. i was also concerned with getting mindf***** before i could build anything. no expression

tp irl would be f'n awesome. immortality seems like it would be great but there are some obvious concerns watching everyone die, having to constantly move and reinvent yourself somehow.... with reed's brain i could easily invent something to extend my life well beyond normal and come up with things that would really make a difference in the world. you'd also never be bored. smile

Old Post Feb 1st, 2015 02:36 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

Having Zachary Zatara powers is really good if you take his current version and have a level of medical\pharmacological knowledge - even magic limited to manipulation with non-sentient stuff is crazily potent thing. In RL. It would suck horribly against combat-tuned powers, and that's why I did not enter the tournament here. That and learning too late about it.
Suck horribly if you take that your conjuring is limited to stuff that exists IRL, and gravity manipulator\telepath\maybe radiation manipulator can kill you with ease.

Beware Blonde Badasses Emma Frost K' Dante

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Feb 1st, 2015 04:09 PM
Charlotte DeBel is currently offline Click here to Send Charlotte DeBel a Private Message Find more posts by Charlotte DeBel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

thing is, if you had a power, people (normals) would WANT to kill you. for sure you would have many plots against your life. you'd need a power that was really inconspicuous, or one that would make killing you almost impossible. superspeed would be frickin awesome, but who wouldn't want to be someone like hercules. lol

Old Post Feb 1st, 2015 04:20 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

If I take a "power that makes my daily work ridiculously easier" - it would be Doug Ramsey power, cause then I'll just have to pretend I'm THAT really freakin' good in a thing I do for money anyways.

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Feb 1st, 2015 04:33 PM
Charlotte DeBel is currently offline Click here to Send Charlotte DeBel a Private Message Find more posts by Charlotte DeBel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Oh, sh*t, why didn't I think of this...

Parker Lewis's jobber aura.

Suck on it.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2015 04:46 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

Also, that's why it's Doug Ramsey or Zachary Zatara for me - I can still keep my powers low-key, working as freelance translator - but now doing everything I do with ridiculously more ease than OTL, while still keeping my life low-key. As is "who cares how this girl managed to do 100 pages of translation over the weekend".
While giving me time to do the research and money to work on stuff that allows me to move into something...more ambitious. Yes, guys, I'm THAT lacking of ambitions.

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Feb 1st, 2015 04:47 PM
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

In fact, my sister did just put the "Path to Profit" to me (and also told me that Contessa from Worm is not that bad as a power pick).
1. Pick Zachary Zatara powers
2. Switch to work at home regimen, so nobody sees how exactly you do the translations.
3. Put effort into learning sign language - it did fit for language for logomancy purpose.
4. ...
5. PROFIT!

Though Contessa's powers are second only to TP IRL setting, without drawback of background noise (for all I know and love TP, RL me doesn't have a willpower to not end in a mental clinic after roughly two days of absorbing negative thoughts\emotions of those surrounding me).

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Feb 1st, 2015 04:55 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
I did not enter the tournament here.
i
Suck horribly
gravity manipulator
can kill you with ease.

Yup

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Feb 1st, 2015 05:01 PM
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

I, for one, actually chose a power I'd want in our real world, as well as a power that would allow me to kill everyone in a competition. Being able to turn my microwave into a fully functioning flat screen tv or my car into a personal jet or a robot or an Aston Martin with the wave of my hand or a glare would be f*ckin sweet. There's also all the things I could do remotely (alter my credit score, produce money out of thin air and create a paper trail/transaction ledger of investments that makes it seem legitimate, etc). I'm also smart enough to know not to do these things in front of people and get caught. The only catch I would eventually run into is the life extension applications being able to merge with machinery.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Feb 1st, 2015 05:08 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

Originally posted by MF DELPH
Being able to turn my microwave into a fully functioning flat screen tv or my car into a personal jet or a robot or an Aston Martin with the wave of my hand or a glare would be f*ckin sweet. There's also all the things I could do remotely (alter my credit score, produce money out of thin air and create a paper trail/transaction ledger of investments that makes it seem legitimate, etc). I'm also smart enough to know not to do these things in front of people and get caught.

That's why I wanted Zachary Zatara powerswink

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Feb 1st, 2015 05:23 PM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

With these "if you could have one power" threads, I always go for telekinesis, and with these stips to keep it interesting...

- Works only on macroscopic material objects (eg, no energy control, no manipulating atoms), including my own body.
- Maximum offensive power: could lift/crush a city block.
- Maximum defensive power: could handle heavy artillery with conscious effort; subconscious shields ---> bulletproof.
- Range: about 20 miles.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2015 05:47 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

God of the Cities would've been mine. That or portals...I actually do really like them. So I'd have been pretty pleased.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2015 06:17 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote