KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » KMC: Choose ONE Power TOURNAMENT

WHO WINS THE BLAIR WIND PROJECT??
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
DarkSaint's Teleportation 3 12.50%
Digi's City Control 4 16.67%
Carver's Weather Manipulation 1 4.17%
Leo's Size Manipulation 1 4.17%
Smurph's Animal Mimicry 3 12.50%
Scoobless' Gravity Control 7 29.17%
Reflasshh's Tactile TK 1 4.17%
Krisblaze's Radiation Control 2 8.33%
Martian's Mirrorworld Control 0 0%
StyleTime's Telepathy 2 8.33%
Total: 24 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

KMC: Choose ONE Power TOURNAMENT
Started by: Blair Wind

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Smurf wins this hands down IMO. Animal man is a personal fave of mine (especially for Tourney's using him in three ATM elsewhere) and to be honest Smurph hasn't even begun to touch on what Buddy can do.

I'd add more but that would be unfair to the other participants.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2015 12:29 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

there really can't be a hands-down winner in this thing i'm afraid. there are holes in EACH strategy that can be exploited by others in this. some holes can be exploited by several people, other holes are small and can be exploited by only a couple. but every plan has at least a 'small' hole that can be taken advantage of.... shifty

Old Post Feb 1st, 2015 05:27 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

My hole is airtight.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2015 06:19 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
My hole is airtight.

Is that "prison lingo"?

embarrasment

no expression

sick

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Feb 1st, 2015 06:27 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Vampirism should 100% be a tournament choice; I could make a strong argument for it being superior to the other powers here...

Old Post Feb 1st, 2015 07:22 PM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Would have been disqualified; you don't get a master vampire's level of expertise, nor do you get a battery of powers (thread title is choose ONE). So you don't choose a power that gives you xyz, otherwise I'd just choose 'mutant gene' as my power. Or someone would choose 'Kryptonian' as their power.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2015 08:08 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Would have been disqualified; you don't get a master vampire's level of expertise, nor do you get a battery of powers (thread title is choose ONE). So you don't choose a power that gives you xyz, otherwise I'd just choose 'mutant gene' as my power. Or someone would choose 'Kryptonian' as their power.

Ah...gotcha.

Ok, so Vampirism is out then... smile

Old Post Feb 1st, 2015 08:13 PM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Guys, we've got two other threads for this discussion.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2015 09:01 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by leonidas
there really can't be a hands-down winner in this thing i'm afraid. there are holes in EACH strategy that can be exploited by others in this. some holes can be exploited by several people, other holes are small and can be exploited by only a couple. but every plan has at least a 'small' hole that can be taken advantage of.... shifty
This seems like some sort of "small penises are better" sort of thing. Basically the tiniest penis wins then?
Do you have to send pics into Quan (the current champ) to be qualified?

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2015 12:12 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Branlor Swift
This seems like some sort of "small penises are better" sort of thing.

whatever gets you in a hole....

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2015 02:54 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

GALAN'S VERDICT:

Okay, I'm coming at this like I had no previous knowledge of what a character can do... So if a tactic you mentioned in your strategy wasn't proven via scans and/or an explanation of the power + a reference source, I didn't consider it viable. I also tried to just get down to the meat and potatoes of each argument in order to avoid a [more] massive post.

The scale we used:
1-10 Offense
1-10 Defense
1-10 Overall strategy.

1=The shittiest post I have ever read.
5=Mediocre. Not good, not bad.
10=A boner-inducing post that literally made me weep upon reading the words from my screen.

Lets begin...

Darksaint
Offense=5. Primarily because his initial plan is to hide in the Darkforce dimension until the telepath is killed. Aside from that, Blood rips seem pretty viable on those with bodily fluids. The ability to dump hazardous materials and explosives on the others is a cool idea. The ability to teleport others away from their battlefield/power source would also come in handy as well.

Defense=7. It is difficult--but not impossible--to target/attack him, but he can be exceedingly difficult to fight.

Overall strategy=6. It was a good post, but the strategy of not coming out until the telepath is killed was a little overboard. I mean, if the telepath isn't killed, you essentially set yourself up to stay hidden indefinitely...

Digi
Offense=8. You have more than enough offensive power to kill anyone on the field through sheer force. If they are foolish enough to teleport within your mech-suit to try and find you, they're completely phucked via immediate absorption and/or the city itself attacking them. The only real drawback was the relatively limited range/scope of your direct attacks.

Defense=9. You have the best resistance to physical attacks, imo, as you're shielded by trillionS of tonS of city-material. Your resistance to TP would logically be uber as well, given millionS of minds amalgamated within your mach-suit, as well as your own consciousness spread across such a gargantuan breadth. Given the sheer size of your suit, it would be extremely difficult for most to find you.

Overall strategy=8.

carver
Offense=2. Unless they just sat there defenselessly and allowed you to attack them with tornadoes/hail/lightning, you didn't prove that you could hurt anyone.

Defense=2. The only scans you provided of a feasible defense were a pressure bubble, and an EMP that took out a few random goons. Certainly that isn't enough to hold up against an opponent like mech-suit Digi, to say the least.

Overall strategy=2.

leonidas
Offense=7. The tactic of using the trackers against his opponents was awesome. The ability to travel to each opponent/tracker at the speed of light via 'riding' energy makes defending against you difficult. The ability to literally attack your opponent from within makes it even harder for them to defend. The ability to bypass energy-shields is also invaluable in a thread where most can manifest shielding.

Defense=8. You are invisible to any of the other combatants. You are nigh-invisible to even high-end telepaths. The major drawbacks are that you have no TP resistance IF the telepath locates you.

Overall strategy=8.

Smurph
Offense=8. It seems like your plan is to initially hide long enough to get your numbers up. Only after you've cloned thousands/millions of analogues will you emerge. It's a very smart strategy, but it also gives your opponents enough time to fully enact their own plans. However, your unleashed armada would be extremely uber.

Defense=8. You have haxxed cloning+healing+strength+speed. You also have a potential resistance to TP(your feral Wolverine analogy seems fitting.)

Overall strategy=8.

Scoobless
Offense=8. This is a good plan, and frankly, a potentially devastating one. You can essentially target every competitor and levitate the land mass they're on into space(or simply increase its gravity astronomically.)

Defense=7. You can tank most direct attacks via shielding, but you're still susceptible to TP.

Overall strategy=8. I think your method of attack was potentially one of the most efficient ways to take out the most amount of competitors in the shortest amount of time IF you were given the chance.

*However, I did ignore the showings from the transformed Graviton featured in those "Marvel Two-In-One Annual" scans, as I don't consider that a form you'd be able to replicate on average.

Reflassshh.
I think if you would have explained things a bit better, your tactics would have been more valid, but as it stands there were just too many unanswered questions...
-How are you going to steal bombs and nuke Digi?
-You said you'd speedblitz some of the others, but I saw no proof/scans to solidify that as a legitimate tactic.
-He overwhelmed a telepath, but how adept of a telepath was she?
-How powerful are these 'TTK blasts'?
-How durable are these 'TTK shields'?
-How powerful is his TTK overall?

Offense=3
Defense=3
Overall strategy=3

Krisblaze
Offense=6. You said initially that you would "make your way to Chernobyl or Fukushima, simply because these areas are more radiated than most", and infect airports and whatnot with radiation along the way, before you begin attacking the others. From a battle standpoint, I think that might be a waste of time. Not only does it give your opponents enough time to enact their plans, but it also gives them enough time to track/kill you before you begin to enact your own plans. Your range was also fairly limited, it seems... You pretty much relied on the others to attack you.

Defense=7. I do believe your shielding can hold up to *most* direct attacks, but I also didn't see a good counter for TP... Which would be potentially problematic.

Overall=6.

Martian Mind
Yours and Darksaint's strategies/powersets seem fairly similar. Essentially: you'll hide in "dimension x" and wait to see what happens. This is potentially effective against a few of the competitors, but if you "mirrored into", say, Digi's city, you'd be phucked. You're also susceptible to TP, so emerging in the flesh is a swift way to death. Anyway, that's why I'm giving you the same score as DS:

Offense=5
Defense=7
Overall strategy=6

StyleTime
Offense=9. Unless you've got considerable resistance to TP, he's going to mind-rape, and/or control you--he can also scan the globe nigh-instantly to locate you. Subsequently, those without explicit resistance to TP would be mind-phucked almost immediately after the battle begins.

Defense=9. He can dimension-hop and/or travel to the astral plane. He doesn't need to be physically present on the field to attack you. He doesn't need a material body to live.

Overall strategy=9.

So yeah StyleTime came away with the highest cumulative score of 27. I believe that he possessed the best all-around powerset/plan through which to defeat the most of his opponents the fastest. However, there were also a few of his opponents that I don't necessarily think he could defeat.

For me it initially came down to:
Digi, leo, Smurph, and StyleTime. Why? Because the former 3 are the only competitors in this match with explicit and/or implied resistance to TP. After putting more thought into it, however, I think that if Style were to remove himself from the field, and thoroughly scan the globe for leo, he could likely track him down and preform some sort of mind-phuckery--and if leo were to increase his size at any point, Style would also be keyed to his location.

This leaves Style vs. Digi vs. Smurph. I didn't see a strong enough case that Style's TP would be able to legitimately muck with the others(Smurph has TP resistance akin to feral Wolverine, and Digi's city-suit makes him too much of a what-if factor.) And since Style doesn't need to be present in the material world, nor does he need a physical body, I really didn't see a way for him to be killed either.

Where Digi vs. Smurph is concerned, I don't think Digi has the means to eradicate an opponent who is essentially pulling an 'Agent Smith' on the world with his numbers. Conversely, if Smurph attempted to swarm Digi with his legion, he'd find himself absorbed into the mech-suit/city right away.

So from a battle perspective it came down to a 3 way tie between Digi/Smurph/Style.

Amazing job to everyone involved. Even though it was amazingly hard to judge this thing, it was still very, very fun to read. thumb up

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2015 07:55 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

DARTHGOOBER's VERDICT:

Alright let me say first off, great job to everyone involved. I know this was all throw together quickly and for most part people really did well given the constraints. That being said, here's how I scored them...

#10. Carver: Weather Manipulation- I actually see Carver as having the biggest gun in the tourney as far as raw power goes, but weather manipulation is something of a glass cannon. Carver can dish out the most damage, but he's also one of the easiest to put down and is vulnerable to enviornmental damage from all sources. Also his arguements suffered from a lack of depth, I think he could have scored a lot higher if he'd taken a second post to really drive his strengths home.

1-10 on offense -9
1-10 on defense -5
1-10 on overall -6

#9. Reflasshh: Tactile TK- Hate to say it but tactile TK was a bad choice for this tourney. Superboy's not a good example for most things because his strength and speed are also a result of his kryptonian biology. Even if I blow his power up to "low herald" level in my mind independantly of scans, it being tactile TK means that there's a good chance it won't even defend against energy attacks, it would basically "shut off" if Ref's concentration was broken, and he would have to get up close and personal to do his best work. I can see what Ref was going for, but tactile tk prob wasn't the best way to go to get there.

1-10 on offense -7
1-10 on defense -7
1-10 on overall -6

#8. Martian: Mirrorworld manipulation- Very interesting pick. I can see MM being someone who could give pretty much everyone in this thing fits, but I just can't buy Mirror Master's powers as being as uber as Martian is saying. I'm not pointing to anything in particular as being inaccurate or intentionally misleading, but he didn't really post much in the way of backup evidence and I just feel like "I'll slash their reflection's throats or trap them in a mirror" requires more support than the handfull of scans provided. I'd need to see that it's almost DEFINATELY going to work against any opposition for anything so basic to fly with me in something like a tourney.

1-10 on offense -8
1-10 on defense -8
1-10 on overall -7

#7. StyleTime: Telepathy- Any one on one fight between Style and someone other than Carver(cause of Storm's electric brain) I'd probably give Style the win via TP. But even with the raw power, telepathy is dependant on will. Even if we assume fluency with powers and credit him with TP bolts and such, that's not the same as actual experience filtering through thousands/millions/billions of minds simaltaniously or sustaining telepathic control over multiple people. I'm sure Style's a smart guy, but I can't really credit him with having more willpower than anyone else without proof. Since I can't credit him success and know that failures in telepathy are usually BAD, Styletime can't be one of my frontrunners here.

1-10 on offense -8
1-10 on defense -8
1-10 on overall -8

#6. Leo: Size Manipulation- Love the cload and dagger approach, I could totally see it working on at least the first opponent or two, whoever they are lol. Problem is that once Leo's normal sized he would be vulnerable to enviornmental effects, detection, etc. With all the crazy effects going on all over the place, it's only a matter of time before leo gets exposed to radiation, caught in a hurricane, is in a city, or any of the other chaos that's following everyone. If it were one on one fights he'd have a super good chance, but against a group over extended time I just don't see it working out.

1-10 on offense -8
1-10 on defense -8
1-10 on overall -8

#5. Scoobs: Gravity Control- Gravity is a good pick, before I read over everything I actually favored Scoobs to win. But then when I checked out everything I kept seeing Graviton used as an example and that just doesn't hold up because he exceeds the cap by at least a bit IMO. It's entirely possible that I'm wrong about that, but his placement on the tiers thread is something that I've always disagreed with. Sorry to penalize Scoob for what could very well be bias on my part, but I gotta stick with what I know about the characters since no one's getting rebuttal post to point out potential inaccuracies(sorry Scoob sad ). So here I actually had to do the opposite of what I've been doing and picture Scoobs having LESS power than the feats he's showing. I'll still credit him with being able to do most of what he's talking about to some degree, but it does hurt his score a bit across the board.

1-10 on offense -8
1-10 on defense -8
1-10 on overall -8

#4. Krisblaze: Radiation Production/Control- Great pick. Lingering radiation means danger zones even for opponents who can avoid direct conflict. I give him odds over most in the long run, but he'd prob have some issues with non direct attacks, and his opponents will eventually become aware of that necessity given his plan to irradiate the world lol.

1-10 on offense -9
1-10 on defense -8
1-10 on overall -8

#3. Smurph: Ability to mimic animal powers- Really smart pick, and the probably the most devistating strategy put forth. The biggest problem I see with it is that it's actually TOO good. The cap's low herald, and neverending ultrapowered smurph clones is clearly beyond that limit. I still think he'd be able to do a truckload, but the cap pretty much puts an inverse ninja law in place, the more he has the less they can be. Still I think he could take out most of the opposistion, only 2 or 3 I see beating him in direct combat.

1-10 on offense -9
1-10 on defense -8
1-10 on overall -8

#2.Digi: City Control- Undoubtably the strongest pick in a non loopholey way. The problem is that the powers Digi demonstrated fall squarely into the low herald level without extrapolation so I gotta go strickly by what Digi was able to back up. That means he doesn't have a lot to fall back on in the way of defensive showings against some of the strategies people are using and that's a dangerous situation to be in when you're a city sized target. Really great pick and strong arguements though, good job Digi.

1-10 on offense -10
1-10 on defense -8
1-10 on overall -8

#1. DarkSaint: Darkforce Dimension Portal Teleportation- Gotta say I love Spot as a pick for this. Spot uniquely benefits in this fight because he himself isn't very powerful. But it was established that every has SIMILAR powers to their picks, at low herald level. So I actually gotta give a lot of wiggle room when I think about what he can do at herald level. I see Dark's offensive strategies as viable and his only real vulnerabilities being to environmental damage from him making a mistake. I'm going with him for the win.

1-10 on offense -9
1-10 on defense -9
1-10 on overall -9

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2015 07:56 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

GOD BLAIR's VERDICT:

I just want to give a big thank you to everyone who participated and the judges who gave of their time. This was just a fun random thread that quickly grew a life of its own. I'm glad we were able to do this 1 post style tournament and everyone involved should be proud: it's the first tournament we've completed in a long time. thumb up

The scale we used:
1-10 Offense
1-10 Defense
1-10 Overall strategy.

1=The shittiest post I have ever read.
5=Mediocre. Not good, not bad.
10=A boner-inducing post that literally made me weep upon reading the words from my screen.

10. Reflassshh.
Offense=2
Defense=2
Overall strategy=3

I think this was more a lack of understanding how to best present your ideas than it was any real fault of you or your pick. I know we talked about it in PM’s some, but now that you know more about how other’s debate, I think you’ll do better next time.

9. carver
Offense=7
Defense=4
Overall strategy= 3

Glass Cannon. Sorry man. Storm is powerful and her offense is great - but at this level other people have way too many options to get in and take you out. Also, Storm’s only ever amped off of other planets and stars when she was in space, not on Earth.

I see you being able to take out Reflassh and perhaps large swathes of Smurph’s with hurricanes before they overrun you

8 Martian Mind
Offense=7
Defense=7
Overall strategy=6

I like the power, and I like the overall idea, but I’d have liked to see more developed on mirror trapping and strategies for people who fly and are not around any reflective surfaces. Can he jump into anyone’s eyeballs? This was similar to Darksaints idea in many ways, but you kept leaving yourself open (even momentarily) by coming out to slash throats - and as you can’t really do much else (outside of mirror trapping), you’re offensive options were limited compared to some others.

If anyone in this tournament got a hand on you you’d be dead. If you could trap others in mirrors without being out of the mirror yourself (which from the scans didn’t seem possible at least) I’d have given a bump in points)

7 Leonidas
Offense=6
Defense=8.5
Overall strategy=6* (due to beginning. Would have been 9 otherwise).

Leo, master of the creative plan. My only issue with your plan is the beginning set up. If Scoobs is instantly crushing the city around you - your NPC like daughter just died. If Carver doesn’t check his PM’s because he’s busy throwing hurricane’s at Digi, you won’t be able to set up the initial stop you need to get inside one of the contestants bodies.

I think if you could get all of the initial steps to work, you’d definitely have the highest kill count against contestants - I’m just not sure I totally buy into it working.

6 Krisblaze
Offense=7
Defense=7
Overall=7
Solid overall. You’re plan is a bit slow at first, but I don’t think very many can take you one on one. Scoobs and a far away DarkSaint are your biggest threats due to having long range capabilities (Scoobs and a far away DarkSaint) to be able to take you out. Digi could potentially crush you before you can melt enough of his city armor to make a difference. I’m impressed though, I didn’t realize how powerful Radioactive Man was.

Top Five
There were some ties at this point.

Digi
Offense=8
Defense=10
Overall strategy=8

You big beautiful brute of a city suit. Physically the toughest and thanks to Jack’s ability to fuse with the city, you also have top tier defenses.

You’re plan is simple so I can’t really comment on much here, but it’s effective. I can see Carver being an issue before you punch him dead (glass cannon), but Scoob is the biggest threat to you IMO. DarkSaint and Mirror Master are also threats - especially if they can take you out of the city before you can properly squash them.

StyleTime
Offense=8
Defense=9
Overall strategy=9
Points 26

So, this was interesting to me because Scoobs, in his post, turned the iron core of the earth which would mess particularly with your Marvel-Style TP, which is where you got all of your scans. I could see you really being messed up when your TP suddenly goes on the fritz before you figure out how to use it again. If anyone were to attack in that moment, you’d be toast.

However, even giving you the benefit of the doubt, your plan was essentially mind control and body jump. Smurph had animal instincts going for him, and I’ll give you Leo since his initial idea was to talk to his daughter. Martian Mind would already be in his mirror world and Delph isn’t playing.

My worry is this: if you can’t mind blast Scoobs or Digi or the original Smurph, you’re eventually going to run out of NPC bodies to jump into - Scoobs is taking out swarms of people, Digi has people as blood in his cities, and Smurph is replacing the global population. Carver just hit the planet with hurricanes, tsunamis, and all is hell on earth once he’s dead as the storms won’t stop. I’m not saying that you won’t find bodies, but with some people capable of taking out large portions of the population in quick order, eventually there won’t be anyone else on earth outside of the contestants.

And as powerful of a telepath as you may be, I’m not sure I’m buying that you’d be able to exist as a psychic entity - that would require some level of skill and willpower that I’m not sure you’d be able to master during this contest.

Even with all those concerns, however, you are unique in your astral attacks and I think would be a large threat for most of the contestants. You can afford to mostly hang back as the big guns take each other out and attack when you want - unless Martian Mind traps you in a mirror or DarkSaint teleports you into space, both being outside of the dimension (of which I don’t believe you’d be skilled enough to track yet).

Darksaint
Offense=8
Defense= 10
Overall strategy=9

Coward or not, you’re strategy essentially gives you top tier defense. Next time (ha, if there ever is a next time) I won’t allow self-BFR as a tactic, but it was way too late to change by the time the judges and I spoke about it.

I personally liked your creativity, and, in the highest praise I can give, probably would have debated the character in the same way. It’s effective even if it isn’t splashy, it’s versatile even if it isn’t overtly powerful, and stealthy with a high chance of success.

I personally don’t mind the distance argument for Sunbusters, as I’ve seen Spot and Cloak reach the Nth Dimension. However, even without taking them into account, being able to put people into the core of the Earth, blood ripping the, putting them at the bottom of the ocean, using water pressure as a tool - all from the safety of the spot dimension gives you an added advantage I don’t take lightly.

The biggest problems I see for you are the Style, Digi, Smurph. Digi is fused with a city, finding the original Smurph is going to be near impossible, and you’re not equipped to deal with a telepath at all besides just not even being in the same dimension. However, since you can wait it out, it gives them a chance to fight against other big guns like Scoobs and Kris.

Scoobless
Offense=9
Defense=9
Overall strategy=9

Overall, I think the only true threats to you are Styletime and Smurph (telepathy and just sheer numbers). I ignored the transformed monster scans, but was impressed with everything else.

You don’t need anymore praise, you’ve competed in enough of these. Also, thanks for acknowledging you know what. wink

Blair’s Choice: Smurph
Offense=9
Defense=9
Overall strategy=10

Smurph-Dub? S-Dub? Welcome to the duplicate club.

The only three contestants I see with a shot at taking you out are Digi, Scoobs, and Style (if he can find you telepathically, which would take a lot of effort and skill). Digi/Scoob just have to outlast you and crush the original - but with the way you worded your post, I assume you’re sending out cloned strike forces out and not yourself. Smart. thumb up

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2015 08:18 PM
krisblaze

Excellent verdicts!

Thank you for all your kind words and congratulations to the winner(s?).

I really wish I had put more time into my writeup. In a one-post tourney you really need to sell it with the one.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2015 08:28 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Overall Judges Votes

Reflassshh.
Blair: 7
Galan: 9
Darth: 20
Total: 36/90

carver
Blair: 14
Galan: 6
Darth: 20
Total: 40/90

Martian Mind
Blair: 20
Galan: 18
Darth: 23
Total: 61/90

Krisblaze
Blair: 21
Galan: 19
Darth: 25
Total: 65/90

leonidas
Blair: 20.5
Galan: 23
Darth: 24
Total: 67.5/90

Darksaint
Blair: 27
Galan: 18
Darth: 27
Total: 72/90

Scoobless
Blair: 27
Galan: 23
Total: 74/90

3-Way First Place Tie!!!:

Digi
Blair: 26
Galan: 25
Darth: 26
Total: 77/10

StyleTime
Blair: 26
Galan: 27
Total: 77/90

Smurph
Blair: 28
Galan: 24
Darth: 25
Total: 77/90

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2015 08:32 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

I agree with all your veredicts, this was my first tournament and to be honest I was very nervous while doing my writeup, that and the fact that I was lacking scans contributed to my final post being very vague and not so well thought.

Hopefully I'll do better next time and won't wait 'til the last minute to make my strategy.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2015 08:36 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Congratulations to the three-way top!

Sad to say but I'm almost ashamed that someone got that high up with "plain" old telepathy. A power that everybody and their grandma supposedly has defenses and feats against, but no one really ended up countering convincingly laughing

Like both me and Reflasssh noticed, you're probably not going to win unless you actually write down a lot/hammer out a concrete strategy.

Also, as a side note, these short and simple "tournaments" are a great idea. I think it would pay off to do more of them as it's a lot easier to get into and there's virtually no tournament-fatigue.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2015 08:41 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

My judgement

Galan:
Your decision, whilst strong, was not that great, as you didn't give me as many points as the others. -90000.

Darth Goober:
You placed me first. As it should be. +Infinity.

Blair Wind:
Whilst you gave me a high number of points, and praise, ultimately, there wasn't as many points as Goober. +5.

Overall, I am satisfied with my placing. Not bad, for my first mini-tourney, and losing to the ones I lost is no shame.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2015 09:17 PM
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

My judgement

Blair Wind:
Whilst you gave me a high number of points, and praise, ultimately, there wasn't as many points as Goober. +5.

You may want to re-check your math, Goober and I gave you the same ultimate score.

I can always lower it though mad

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2015 09:23 PM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

This is the first 3 way tie.

A round 2 should follow, for the tie breaker

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2015 09:46 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote