KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » KMC Secret Wars! Eyes Only--You Know Who You Are...

KMC Secret Wars! Eyes Only--You Know Who You Are...
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Do we get,access to our base.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2015 01:10 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Digi
I resent that. I'm not racist. I'm species-ist.

Mutants aren't a species. If they were they wouldn't be able to breed with humans and create viable offspring. And they certainly couldn't produce non-mutant offspring from two mutant parents (Graydon Creed)

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2015 01:28 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

From my POV it'd be damn cool to see a high-meta/low-herald tourney with amalgamation in play between you guys. You are all so effin' creative with that sort of thing--it makes for a very fun read for us bystanders. thumb up

Perhaps disallow explicit mind-rape, though, because it's such a cheap tactic. Imho.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Feb 3rd, 2015 at 01:49 AM

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2015 01:44 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I'm actually kicking myself a bit for getting dupes banned. Some crazy combos I've thought of in just the last few hours. But in the spirit of what we're doing, it makes sense to ban them.

But I'm absolutely with Smurph on amping. Power + power. The Ray/Supergirl example Leo gave is perfect.

This really won't be as crazy as it could be, and certainly less so than many tourneys at similar power levels. But it'll be fun nonetheless.

Here's a quick consideration: I'm going to use Hawksmoor as an example, since I've debated with him recently. If someone drafts him, can we stipulate that the battle takes place in a city? Same with, say, Namor and being near water. Or a technopath near a city. There are a handful of characters this affects.

Originally posted by Galan007
From my POV it'd be damn cool to see a high-meta/low-herald tourney with amalgamation in play between you guys. You are all so effin' creative with that sort of thing--it makes for a very fun read for us bystanders. thumb up

Perhaps disallow explicit mind-rape, though, because it's such a cheap tactic. Imho.

No pressure or anything.

Otherwise, thumb up

I'm fine with no mindrape. But passive abilities like creating illusions or hiding via mental chicanery would be allowed.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2015 02:47 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

No pressure or anything.

Otherwise, thumb up

I'm fine with no mindrape. But passive abilities like creating illusions or hiding via mental chicanery would be allowed.
Yeah, passive telepathic abilities like: illusion casting, fear-induction, probability manip., mind-scanning/reading, mind-linking, etc. should be allowed. However, telepathically controlling and/or mind-phucking your opponent should be banned... One-trick pony strategies are just dull, imo.

But again, you guys are the ones competing, so it's ultimately your call(s)... I'm just selfishly telling you what I would enjoy reading. stick out tongue

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2015 03:24 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Originally posted by Galan007

Thanks Galan! happy The compliment would be more uplifting if I actually felt like I had a really good draft idea in mind...

This really won't be as crazy as it could be, and certainly less so than many tourneys at similar power levels. But it'll be fun nonetheless.
I think it'll be fun because of that. At least, as a debater I feel that way.

quote:
Here's a quick consideration: I'm going to use Hawksmoor as an example, since I've debated with him recently. If someone drafts him, can we stipulate that the battle takes place in a city? Same with, say, Namor and being near water. Or a technopath near a city. There are a handful of characters this affects.

Jack, if drafted, should do battle in a city- that's the only way that he's a Low Herald.

Battlefields shouldn't make characters powers either lower or higher than their drafted tier. I guess we can get creative if we run into a situation that's hard to find a fair battlefield for, but it's only 3 matches.

--------------------------------------------

How do we all feel about drafting characters from other mediums?

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2015 03:58 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Originally posted by Scoobless
Mutants aren't a species. If they were they wouldn't be able to breed with humans and create viable offspring. And they certainly couldn't produce non-mutant offspring from two mutant parents (Graydon Creed)

Real life: X-men type mutants are not human.

http://lawandthemultiverse.com/2011...-court-says-no/

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2015 04:32 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by Blair Wind
Real life: X-men type mutants are not human.

http://lawandthemultiverse.com/2011...-court-says-no/

American legal system =

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2015 12:52 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

This is some elitist shit.

I vote for ID

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2015 01:07 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

God damn you lot and your pansy-ass rules.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2015 02:04 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Existere
Thanks Galan! happy The compliment would be more uplifting if I actually felt like I had a really good draft idea in mind...

ditto. lol

quote:
Battlefields shouldn't make characters powers either lower or higher than their drafted tier. I guess we can get creative if we run into a situation that's hard to find a fair battlefield for, but it's only 3 matches.

thumb up

quote:
How do we all feel about drafting characters from other mediums? [/B]

my only issue with this is that it makes researching someone very difficult. i've never been good at some of the other mediums (my nerd-dom only goes so far heh) sooo...i'm not a huge fan. if the others don't care that's fine, i'll figure it out. what medium were you thinking?

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2015 02:31 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by krisblaze
This is some elitist shit.

I vote for ID

so does this mean you don't wanna judge.....? ninja

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2015 02:32 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Originally posted by leonidas
so does this mean you don't wanna judge.....? ninja

I already gave you my verdict didn't I?

In all seriousness, I'm available to judge.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2015 03:13 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

thumb up

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2015 04:34 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

did we decide on the speed cap...? digi seemed to think light speed was too fast. that's fine by me. do we want to say classic quicksilver maybe or something else?

Old Post Feb 4th, 2015 12:33 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

No one else joined me on the speed thing, really. And no one's taking Makkari anyway (I think). Classic QS is actually kinda slow by speedster standards. There's gotta be some acceptable middle ground. If we make it Classic QS, we basically remove speed as a potential trump card. I'm fine with removing OHK's like mind rapes, but it'll be nice to have to account for speed and/or have it.

Other considerations:

- Dr. Doom is listed as low herald. Can we just ban him right now?

- I have a question, but it's (almost) impossible to ask without revealing the strategy. But here goes my attempt: In the Ray/Kara example, amping isn't allowed. But, for example, what if you drafted Wolverine and, say, Madison Jeffries? The adamantium would be an amp to Jeffries's powers in some sense. But would it count in the same way Ray/Kara does? A potentially similar example would be a rookie GL (btw, GL rings should be banned outright) and someone like Reed or Pym. It doesn't amp their power set, but they're able to utilize the other's weapon or material in a way that will likely exceed the tourney limits. I'm going to need a ruling here....for reasons. shifty

I have no solution to the second problem. Just want to know where others fall.

Last edited by Digi on Feb 4th, 2015 at 01:45 AM

Old Post Feb 4th, 2015 01:43 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Yeah, good question.

Did we officially decide on a no-mindrape rule too? I'm inclined to say that if we've limited telepathy to Emma level, we don't need to hinder it any further, but I don't feel strongly about the issue.

Classic quicksilver sounds too slow.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2015 01:44 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

No one else joined me on the speed thing, really. And no one's taking Makkari anyway (I think). Classic QS is actually kinda slow by speedster standards. There's gotta be some acceptable middle ground. If we make it Classic QS, we basically remove speed as a potential trump card. I'm fine with removing OHK's like mind rapes, but it'll be nice to have to account for speed and/or have it.

Other considerations:

- Dr. Doom is listed as low herald. Can we just ban him right now?

- I have a question, but it's (almost) impossible to ask without revealing the strategy. But here goes my attempt: In the Ray/Kara example, amping isn't allowed. But, for example, what if you drafted Wolverine and, say, Madison Jeffries? The adamantium would be an amp to Jeffries's powers in some sense. But would it count in the same way Ray/Kara does? A potentially similar example would be a rookie GL (btw, GL rings should be banned outright) and someone like Reed or Pym. It doesn't amp their power set, but they're able to utilize the other's weapon or material in a way that will likely exceed the tourney limits. I'm going to need a ruling here....for reasons. shifty

I have no solution to the second problem. Just want to know where others fall.

i think adding to a power like jefferies to logan would be all right. there are definitely some defenses against that combo any way. i also don't think the ring in reed's hands or pym's would be all that great--whatever they developed would still just be gl powerful. i agree though--a gl ring should likely be considered outside the cap. banning doom was kinda taken for granted i thought....

as far as speed then--it's hard to come up with a guy between qs and light speed. i hate neutering characters. i'm open to suggestions regarding the speed limit.

i agree with smurph about the tp cap. i think it's suitably hindered.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2015 02:41 AM
Smurph
------

[B]

I'm experiencing a similar obstacle- every character combination feels like the kind of amping that we've banned.

When Scoob combined Moonstone and Hank Pym, it combined the ability to grow + no mass (if I remember right), so he could grow beyond Pym's normal limit.

Is that amping? It's one character's power drastically increasing the effectiveness of another, which sounds like amping, but combining characters to maximize effectiveness is also the name of the game.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2015 03:01 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

PROBLEMS. WE HAS THEM.

Smurph, based on earlier examples, your example about Pym sound like amping to me. I guess, ask yourself this question: could Pym grow to those heights on his own? No. But could Jeffries manipulate adamantium on his own? Yes. One enhances the power, the other just adds a tool for the power to utilize.

Make sense? That may clear up a LOT for us.

On less tricky topics, I'm trying to think of speedsters that meet our requirements. What's Northstar's limit? He may be an acceptable compromise.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2015 03:38 AM