KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » KMC Secret Wars! Eyes Only--You Know Who You Are...

KMC Secret Wars! Eyes Only--You Know Who You Are...
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

after a little more thought--is there a way we can just decide an attack has to be 'defensible' while leaving the cap open? i mean MOST blitzes can be shielded or defended anyway, right?

Old Post Feb 5th, 2015 12:28 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

I guess.

Funny thing will be that either no-one drafts a speedster, or the game is won by the only one not to draft a speedster.

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Feb 5th, 2015 03:21 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas
this was never intended to be something that we were supposed to agonize over.

...said every tourney host ever.

stick out tongue

It's been painless outside speed, so I think we're doing fine.

I'll cosign the above posts. We should be close now.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2015 05:14 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

So is this a four way BZ between you guys or 1vs1 brackets with three matches total?

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Feb 5th, 2015 10:11 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

just one random semi-final then a final. 2 match max. just for sh!ts and giggles.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2015 10:28 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

You mean for dominion over the interwebs!!!

I have lots of good combos but no great ones yet. Probably because I'm used to massive amps. Still, lots of good choices.

I also have one that passes my test earlier, where it's a material for the power to use, not an amp to the power itself. Like the Jeffries //Wolverine example, but better.. But it likely pushes the amalgam lots mmhigher than any reasonable cap. So I'm unsure about it. Is there a cap on total power? It'll be hard without amping anyway, but it's good to know all rules.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2015 11:04 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i think i mentioned somewhere that in terms of sheer power, wonder woman would be a good upper level, maybe gladiator-ish...? i mean a significant mid-herald if you can work it out.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2015 12:35 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Ok. Lemme go through everything and form a list. Then we'll tweak it as needed and finalize it in a day or so.

Moving along, are we going to declare one at a time, two at a time, or is there lingering support for a blind draft?

What about a snake draft? We set an order randomly, and maybe the first round is the meta pick. Then we go in reverse order for heralds. Or first come, first served?

Old Post Feb 6th, 2015 01:03 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I want Digi to draft Luke Skywalker, infuse him with Flash-level speed, and proceed to chop you all in half with a ftl lightsaber blitz. Essentially, by the time you knew the saber was green, you'd already be flayed into a steaming pile of loss. thumb up

Nothing against anyone else, but how effing cool would that be..?

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Feb 6th, 2015 at 02:42 AM

Old Post Feb 6th, 2015 02:38 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

About that^^^

We're doing comic characters only, right?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Feb 6th, 2015 03:11 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i think that's probably easiest.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2015 03:16 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

How do you feel about a scans limit?

We don't need a hundred images to implement a strategy, only relevant scans, don't need every ability shown.

Maybe limit to 10 or less per post

Do you even KMC???

Last edited by Scoobless on Feb 6th, 2015 at 11:35 AM

Old Post Feb 6th, 2015 11:32 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

hmm, i guess i'm open to that. never had to use one before. usually more proof=better argument, but whatever the others want is fine by me.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2015 02:05 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

I think we can gauge scans on our own. I try not to scan-dump in my posts, but I'd rather not set a limit.

I'm ok with comic characters only, even though I DID heavily consider Luke. evil face

I've been busier than expected, so I don't have the list yet. Maybe tonight or definitely tomorrow.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2015 03:56 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

How close are you guys to your final ideas?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Feb 7th, 2015 01:58 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

I've had a list of half a dozen or so at both levels for several days now. I just haven't had the time to really dig in and see which will work best together. As we discussed over PMs, lots of threads are worthless now in the respect forum, so unless I'm really lazy (and I might be), it will require a fair amount of research.

So...maybe Monday or Tuesday I'll have my final plan, though certainly not all my scans together.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2015 03:39 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Alright, correct me where I'm wrong:

Format: Semi-final and finals. Three matches total.

Power Level & Format: 2-character amalgam. One at or below high meta (upper limit examples: Namor, Cpt. Britain) plus one at or below low herald (upper limit example: Magneto)

Total Power Cap After Amalgamation: Mid Herald (upper limit example: ??)

Post Limit: 5

Self or Characters: We're drafting the characters, not granting ourselves the powers. So CIS is presumably on the table.

Amping Rules: Disallowed. Materials that aid a power (i.e. Jeffries/adamantium) are allowed. Power amping is not (i.e. The Ray + Kara)

Tech Creation & Non-Autonomous Constructs/Summons: Low Herald limit

Prep: 3 seconds in an empty room

TP: Emma limit. Mind-rape and/or mind control is specifically disallowed, but other telepathic powers (confusion, illusions, fear inducing, probability manip., mind-reading for strategic advantage, etc.) are permissible.

Speed: Up to but not including lightspeed is permissible.

Specifically Banned Characters/Items: Doom, GL Rings

Banned Powers: Speed Force, Time Manip., Duplication, Power Copying, Autonomous Constructs (tech or magic), Offensive Matter Manip.

Notes:
- Dispersal/KO/etc. counts as a win.
- Comic characters only. No other mediums.

Judges (so far): Abhi, DS, CDB, Kris

TO BE DETERMINED...

Draft Format: Declare, secret, snake, or other?

Powers: Memory Retention (from semis to finals?)

Killiability: Do we need an explicit limit, or is it covered under Dispersal/KO?

Last edited by Digi on Feb 7th, 2015 at 05:03 PM

Old Post Feb 7th, 2015 04:58 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

No to memory retention. The character you hope to win with should be the same character you start with.

KO, death, dispersal, basically anything that ends the fight for a significant period should count as a win

Secret drafts are more fun, but we'd need a willing 3rd party

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Feb 7th, 2015 05:11 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scoobless
No to memory retention. The character you hope to win with should be the same character you start with.

KO, death, dispersal, basically anything that ends the fight for a significant period should count as a win

Secret drafts are more fun, but we'd need a willing 3rd party

thumb up

No objections to any of that. And I'm sure we can find a willing 3rd party. Any takers...?

Old Post Feb 7th, 2015 07:53 PM
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Considering I wasn't invited to the party, I can do drafting and thread opening as needed.

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Feb 7th, 2015 07:58 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote