KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » KMC Secret Wars! Eyes Only--You Know Who You Are...

KMC Secret Wars! Eyes Only--You Know Who You Are...
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Digi
Forum Leader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Considering I wasn't invited to the party, I can do drafting and thread opening as needed.

laughing out loud

Don't blame us, Blair. Blame leo.

But thanks. That will be a huge help.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2015 08:03 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Bumping this, with updates:

Format: Semi-final and finals. Three matches total.

Power Level & Format: 2-character amalgam. One at or below high meta (upper limit examples: Namor, Cpt. Britain) plus one at or below low herald (upper limit example: Magneto)

Total Power Cap After Amalgamation: Mid Herald (upper limit example: ??)

Post Limit: 5

Self or Characters: We're drafting the characters, not granting ourselves the powers. So CIS is presumably on the table.

Amping Rules: Disallowed. Materials that aid a power (i.e. Jeffries/adamantium) are allowed. Power amping is not (i.e. The Ray + Kara)

Tech Creation & Non-Autonomous Constructs/Summons: Low Herald limit

Prep: 3 seconds in an empty room

TP: Emma limit. Mind-rape and/or mind control is specifically disallowed, but other telepathic powers (confusion, illusions, fear inducing, probability manip., mind-reading for strategic advantage, etc.) are permissible.

Speed: Up to but not including lightspeed is permissible.

Specifically Banned Characters/Items: Doom, GL Rings

Banned Powers: Speed Force, Time Manip., Duplication, Power Copying, Autonomous Constructs (tech or magic), Offensive Matter Manip., Memory Retention

Notes:
- Dispersal/KO/etc. counts as a win. As will anything that will end the fight for a significant period of time.
- Comic characters only. No other mediums.

Judges (so far): Abhi, DS, CDB, Kris

Draft Format: Secret draft, PM'd to Blair.

TO BE DETERMINED...

Killiability: Do we need an explicit limit, or is it covered under Dispersal/KO?

Drafting:
- Date on which we'll PM our picks.
- Do we PM low herald, high meta, or both picks at once?
- What happens if two of us pick the same character(s)?

On the last, I'd suggest whoever puts their pick in first gets first rights to the character. I'm also ok with PMing both at once...I can't imagine there will be too much overlap in our picks.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2015 08:07 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Digi
laughing out loud

Don't blame us, Blair. Blame leo.

But thanks. That will be a huge help.

if you ever voted for me maybe i'd invite you.

more honestly--bw you haven't competed in an event in ages. never entered my mind you'd want in. if the mini format works though, we can easily do others.

re: rules--i think everything looks good. i think cap marvel/ww level should be a pretty good amalgam limit. somewhere in there any way. really though, i think so long as no one is making someone who can trounce thor or superman we should be all right.

as far as killability--any type of incapacitation so long as it's for a fair length of time, should count. we can argue that in match i guess and judges can decide for themselves.

i think we should pm both picks. i was willing to just open a thread, have us all there, and put down our picks. if we all want to pm that works for me as well though. when the picks have been made known, we can all discuss any issues we might have with the picks, work them out, allow a repick if we all decide it's necessary and go from there.

as for 2 people with the same pick--i'm actually fine with it if it happens. no way we'll have both the same. maybe leave it up to the drafters if one of them WANTS to switch for someone else?

the only other thing to decide will be who goes against whom in the semis. is there some sort of random generator we can use or something. or we could just do alphabetical, or in order of who joined first or something else equally (more) creative.....

Old Post Feb 7th, 2015 11:52 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

thumb up

PMing both picks it is. And yeah, sure, if we end up with one similar character, we can deal with it on a per-case basis. A small shame, though. I was hoping for the possibility of being able to snipe one of you with a selection ( evil face )

And No need to get too crazy with match assignments. Any objection to me plugging us into an online RNG? I don't care which of you fools I face first, so there will be no match rigging. Here's a good site if we want a 3rd party to do it:
http://www.printyourbrackets.com/to...-generator.html

Old Post Feb 8th, 2015 12:14 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

thumb up

Old Post Feb 8th, 2015 12:17 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Ok, so I plugged our names in alphabetically, and beforehand decided that each slot would represent #'s 1-4, with #1 playing #4, and 2-v-3.

Here's what it came up with:

Existere (#1)
Digi (#2)
Leonidas (#3)
Scoobless (#4)

So Smurph will face Scoob and I'll face Leo.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2015 12:57 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

I suppose until all four of us sign off, these technically aren't "final," but can be discussed. With that caveat...

Final Rules

Format: Semi-final and finals. Three matches total.

Power Level & Format: 2-character amalgam. One at or below high meta (upper limit examples: Namor, Cpt. Britain) plus one at or below low herald (upper limit example: Magneto)

Total Power Cap After Amalgamation: Mid Herald (upper limit example: Cpt. Marvel, WW)

Post Limit: 5

Self or Characters: We're drafting the characters, not granting ourselves the powers. So CIS is on the table.

Amping Rules: Disallowed. Materials that aid a power (i.e. Jeffries/adamantium) are allowed. Power amping is not (i.e. The Ray + Kara)

Tech Creation & Non-Autonomous Constructs/Summons: Low Herald limit

Prep: 3 seconds in an empty room

TP: Emma limit. Mind-rape and/or mind control is specifically disallowed, but other telepathic powers (confusion, illusions, fear inducing, probability manip., mind-reading for strategic advantage, etc.) are permissible.

Speed: Up to but not including lightspeed is permissible.

Specifically Banned Characters/Items: Doom, GL Rings

Banned Powers: Speed Force, Time Manip., Duplication, Power Copying, Autonomous Constructs (tech or magic), Offensive Matter Manip., Memory Retention

Judges (so far): Abhi, DS, CDB, Kris

Draft Format:
- Secret draft, PM'd to Blair.
- We're sending both of our picks to him at one time.
- Duplicate picks by two participants are acceptable.

Notes:
- Dispersal/KO/etc. counts as a win. As will anything that will end the fight for a significant period of time.
- Comic characters only. No other mediums.

In the event that two us of pick the same person, maybe Blair could inform the involved parties via PM, so that we're not airing ALL picks before possibly allowing someone to switch a pick. So, for example, if Scoob and I both draft Iron Man, we'll be informed of it and allowed to switch if we want. But we won't know anyone else's picks before being allowed to switch.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2015 01:04 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

that's all good for me. thumb up

Old Post Feb 8th, 2015 01:39 AM
Smurph
------

Only contention: Leo and I agreed a couple pages ago that setting Emma as the TP cap, without outlawing mindrape, was hindering enough for telepathy.

We could still outlaw mindrape if Scoob and Digi feel differently though.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2015 01:55 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I'm ok with that. It probably wouldn't be my vote, but we have to plan for/against TP anyway, since there's still a ton that can be done besides overt mind control.

In other news, I'm making progress on my draft search. It's been a while since I've done this much research - even the title belt BZs were with characters I had previously researched and had extensive collections of - but it's not a huge imposition on my time. The hardest part will be choosing between similarly useful picks. Without amps, it becomes more of a rock/paper/scissors game for me, instead of trying to mesh into the most raw power via an amp.

Last edited by Digi on Feb 8th, 2015 at 02:28 AM

Old Post Feb 8th, 2015 02:25 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

In the event that two us of pick the same person, maybe Blair could inform the involved parties via PM, so that we're not airing ALL picks before possibly allowing someone to switch a pick. So, for example, if Scoob and I both draft Iron Man, we'll be informed of it and allowed to switch if we want. But we won't know anyone else's picks before being allowed to switch.

Ok, but if both still want Iron Man, are we accepting two, or more, of us to draft the same character?

I can accept that, as long as we don't draft both of the same characters.

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Feb 8th, 2015 02:37 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i'm good with that. thumb up i'm fine with tp as well. up to you guys.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2015 02:51 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

I think we're good to go. I don't want to set a strict deadline unless it's needed, but let's all try to get our picks to Blair sometime in the next 3-7 days.

Originally posted by Scoobless
Ok, but if both still want Iron Man, are we accepting two, or more, of us to draft the same character?

I can accept that, as long as we don't draft both of the same characters.

Yeah, makes sense. I think the odds of us drafting the same two as someone else are so slim that we don't need to actually make a rule for it. If it happens, we'll laugh and figure it out then.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2015 03:24 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

cool. i'll try and round up one more judge.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2015 03:29 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

So.... Do we want BW to post drafts as who picked who? Or as 4 LH and 4 HM and not give us full amalgam info until the matches are posted?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Feb 8th, 2015 03:47 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i'm good either way.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2015 03:48 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

So.... Do we want BW to post drafts as who picked who? Or as 4 LH and 4 HM and not give us full amalgam info until the matches are posted?

The latter is more fun, but also potentially more work for us. I suppose it depends on how hard you want to work on counter-research.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2015 03:59 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Are you all in the same timezone?

I'm posting this about 12:05pm my time, so what's the time difference between us?

(that's lunch time, not midnight... so many people mix up 12am/pm)

The latter is more fun, but also potentially more work for us. I suppose it depends on how hard you want to work on counter-research.

If the characters are supposed to enter without prep, it makes sense that we shouldn't know.

Of course when Minion and Spiral show up I will be astonished with astonishingly astonishing surprise.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Do you even KMC???

Last edited by Scoobless on Feb 8th, 2015 at 04:09 AM

Old Post Feb 8th, 2015 04:07 AM
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

It's 11:10 right now eastern standard time for me. I think Smurph and I have the same time zone, Digi may be middle US or Eastern Standard time as well. Not sure about Leo

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Feb 8th, 2015 04:11 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Are you all in the same timezone?

I'm posting this about 12:05pm my time, so what's the time difference between us?

(that's lunch time, not midnight... so many people mix up 12am/pm)

If the characters are supposed to enter without prep, it makes sense that we shouldn't know.

Of course when Minion and Spiral show up I will be astonished with astonishingly astonishing surprise.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

11 hour difference here. Your 12:05PM is my 11:05 PM. So yeah, we all seem to be the same (except perhaps leo).

For the record, Leo has used Minion in the exact same number of tourneys as I have (one). BUT...blind it is, then. I suppose it will force us to make our writeups a bit more generalized, instead of specifically against a couple characters.

Blair's following things, but once we're done hashing things out, I'll send him a PM as well with draft rules, just to be safe.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2015 04:19 AM