KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Heroes Reborn

Heroes Reborn
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Watched the first two. Looked pretty interesting so far, so will keep with it.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Poor Rene though. I liked that guy.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2015 05:13 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Thoughts so far? I've generally enjoyed it but not feeling inspired by some of the dialogue and plot. But not nearly as dreadful as Season 3 and 4.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2015 08:30 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Bleh. I've watched up until episode 4 and will have to force myself to finish it. I made the mistake of starting to watch Banshee a couple of weeks ago and ended up binge watching it. Now I find Heroes so tedious... The action is atrocious, the story and pace is boring, the characters insipid, the acting mediocre... So far, apart from Noah, of course, I simply do not care whether anybody lives or dies in this series. Quite frankly, I'd be delighted if Sylar showed up and slaughtered them all. The standards other shows are setting nowadays are just too high. Heroes was revolutionary and inspiring when it first came out, but now it just feels like a bad copy of itself.

I will probably watch the last two episodes eventually, but if I never get around to them I doubt that I will grieve much. Don't want to take away from anybody's enjoyment, but personally I found myself browsing on my phone a lot more than watching the screen.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2015 11:45 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I am just glad they are done with Kitana girl, so I no longer have to look at her cringe-worthy live-action fight sequences. Honestly, that fight with her against that group of employees in the one episode is one of the most atrocious fights I have seen in a long time. Bad camera angles and bad cutting/editing, which does nothing but highlight that the girl they cast has no clue what she is doing when it actually comes to martial arts.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2015 02:13 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Agreed, glad she's gone and hope she NEVER returns.

This show isn't very good though and rumors are it won't be renewed for a season two.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 26th, 2015 06:52 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

also glad katana girl is done... Ando 2.0 wasn't any better with all of his over-acting.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2015 07:58 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if they just run this season to the end and go back to web comics and things after that. I'm mainly watching it for the sake of nostalgia right now. I'm not even sure why I feel nostalgic. Heroes started off well but then went downhill by season 2 and never really recovered.

And I also felt like they were trying too hard to do the Hiro & Ando thing again with Katana girl and her sidekick, but it didn't work at all. Those two were terrible and I often found myself losing interest during their bits of the story.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2015 06:41 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

reading some people's posts makes me glad that I have stopped watching

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 27th, 2015 07:49 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

I didn't think this show would be so negatively received. Is it really that bad?

Old Post Oct 27th, 2015 08:52 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

loved this episode.

This show is at it's best when time travel is involved and when they start bringing the characters together and all the puzzle pieces get revealed. The problem is that the buildup is often slow and involves plotlines that aren't as interesting until you know how they fit within the larger picture.

i had a feeling that the Equinox girl was Claire's daughter, but i couldn't make it work logically due to the age difference... they made it work with the time traveling. i didn't at all suspect the twists involving Nathan... that was good stuff.

Last edited by marwash22 on Nov 6th, 2015 at 04:59 PM

Old Post Nov 6th, 2015 04:56 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Yeah, this episode, and the last one to a degree, have been some of the stronger episodes. Nice to see all the little threads finally coming together, though it is shit that it takes them until episode 7 - 8 before the show starts getting proper coherency. Also, hopefully that flashback is the only bit more we see of Katana girl. laughing

Agreed that this show actually handles time travel a lot better than most. They manage to create a scenario where there are ripple effects etc. without necessarily causing paradoxes (or non-major, ignore-able ones), which makes it work better than a lot of other shows and films. They blend the time traveling elements well so that it fits cleanly into the storyline.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2015 03:42 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I am glad I didn't get into this show much since it's been cancelled.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2016 07:34 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Loved the first episode. Gonna binge watch the series.

Rotten Tomatoes gave it low reviews. Which means it's probably awesome, because critics have bad taste..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2016 06:02 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Nah, it's turning out to not be very good. I have one more ep to go and I don't expect much.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2016 05:10 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I found the last episode to be disappointing, but that's not too surprising considering there were probably only a few decent episodes out of the whole lot. So I expected this show to be canned after one season. It was already getting stale before it even reached the finale.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2016 05:37 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's really a shame. There are so many successful super hero shows on tv right now..I'm not saying copy them, but maybe use them as a blueprint to what works and what doesn't.

The original Heroes series pretty much kickstarted the whole current craze with super hero tv. Damn that was a great 1st season.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2016 06:27 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote