KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Titans (Teen Titans Live Action)

Titans (Teen Titans Live Action)
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by staxamillion
ive been checking it out on firestick... yeah it shows a lot of promise.

is it worth to wait or watch this instant

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Nov 6th, 2018 03:41 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Heard they did pretty good on the Doom Patrol Episode ....That will be the ONLY thing right now that could get me to sign up for the DC Series at this point.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2018 06:49 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Ive seen 3 episodes and it has improved with each one.

Wont be able to watch the rest though until its on Netflix.

I'm shocked. I was gonna avoid it cuz I didn't wanna be blinded by the edginess of this show. Maybe I will give it a shot.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2018 04:20 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

The edginess is on top. Like curse words for no reason, and Robin throwing darts in peoples eyes seems kinda unnecessary.

But once you accept the tone, its decent.

Not saying this is Daredevil or even close, just that its turning out to be on the entertaining side.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2018 04:30 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

So without even knowing the context at all I'm gonna say it was deserved. Well done Robin. People need to realize darts aren't to be taken lightly.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2018 04:37 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
is it worth to wait or watch this instant

i usually wait and burn through but my curiosity got me on this one. glad i started but i wish there were more since i usually watch in chunks

Old Post Nov 6th, 2018 09:52 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I finally got around to checking some of this out. Watched the first two episodes. Maybe it's because I went in with low expectations, but I thought it was solid. Yeah, it does go a bit overboard sometimes, but I feel like the darker tone actually works with the story so far. At least overall.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2018 06:31 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Originally posted by Dreampanther
This series gets better with every episode...

And better and better...

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2018 03:39 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Managed to catch up. So yeah episode 5 was all sorts of fun.

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Yeah, it does go a bit overboard sometimes, but I feel like the darker tone actually works with the story so far. At least overall.

Yeah I think the big difference between this darkness/violence of this Robin and the darkness/violence of BvS Batman is its part of the story that this Robin has issues, which is he recognises and is the reason he left Batman. Unlike BvS where him killing people was an after thought that we were just supposed to accept and think its cool.

Plus fro the latest episode its clear they are having fun with the R rating. Using it in all sorts of ways.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 10:51 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Yeah I think the big difference between this darkness/violence of this Robin and the darkness/violence of BvS Batman is its part of the story that this Robin has issues, which is he recognises and is the reason he left Batman. Unlike BvS where him killing people was an after thought that we were just supposed to accept and think its cool.

Plus fro the latest episode its clear they are having fun with the R rating. Using it in all sorts of ways.

Yeah, agree on the contrast between Bruce and Dick. But I was also referring to how the overall tone fits into the developing plot as well, with Rachel and her father, for example.

But yeah, I agree that they are making decent use of the R-rating so far. This show feels more in line with their R-rated animated stuff (which I generally tend to enjoy) rather than anything from the recent live-action movies.

Also, I lol'd at the bit in the latest episode with Kory and the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: headless bodies.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Nov 12th, 2018 at 04:04 AM

Old Post Nov 12th, 2018 04:01 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Also, I lol'd at the bit in the latest episode with Kory and the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: headless bodies.

So did I.

And thats a great example of having fun with the R rating.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2018 07:44 AM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

They got Jason Todd pretty much perfect.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2018 10:33 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Thought last episode was the weakest yet. Will be nice to see Dick as Nightwing from here on out though.

By Stoic

Old Post Nov 19th, 2018 11:53 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Dreampanther
They got Jason Todd pretty much perfect.

A crowbar-worthy performance.

I initially just found him kind of irritating, but that scene with the cops made me out and out dislike him. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: He crippled the one guy who was probably just trying to do his job. And then he uses the most horrible identity politics/collective guilt logic to justify his actions. Corrupt cops in Gotham beat you up? So what? That doesn't give you a license to maim any cop you see. Applying Todd's logic, those cops now have carte blanche to shoot any teens dressed up as superheroes first and ask questions later, based on what Todd did to them.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2018 04:56 AM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

I initially just found him kind of irritating, but that scene with the cops made me out and out dislike him. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: He crippled the one guy who was probably just trying to do his job. And then he uses the most horrible identity politics/collective guilt logic to justify his actions. Corrupt cops in Gotham beat you up? So what? That doesn't give you a license to maim any cop you see. Applying Todd's logic, those cops now have carte blanche to shoot any teens dressed up as superheroes first and ask questions later, based on what Todd did to them.

Exactly!

Old Post Nov 20th, 2018 05:43 AM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

This series is now a solid 8/10 for me, and if they keep going like they are at the moment it might end up a 9, rivaling DD for my favourite superhero show. Solid casting, solid acting, good directing and great writing. Plus, the action scenes are excellent: Bone-breakingly brutal and bloody.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2018 05:31 AM
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

yeah cringe worthy but that is who Jason todd is isn't he from the comics? an unstable, has a vendetta, chip on the shoulder type? I do not agree with his actions at all just agreeing with dreampanther they got him pretty much perfect

Old Post Dec 12th, 2018 08:54 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by staxamillion
yeah cringe worthy but that is who Jason todd is isn't he from the comics? an unstable, has a vendetta, chip on the shoulder type? I do not agree with his actions at all just agreeing with dreampanther they got him pretty much perfect

No, not cringe-worthy. Crowbar-worthy. Which is my point. I agree. He's a good enough portrayal that he deserves the same treatment he got in the comics. stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 13th, 2018 03:35 AM
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

right on.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2018 08:10 PM
random letters

I came in with extremely low expectations, but I have to say that I'm actually enjoying this show. The edginess was cringey at first, but it's grown on me a bit.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2018 12:03 AM
random letters is currently offline Click here to Send random letters a Private Message Find more posts by random letters Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote