KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Titans (Teen Titans Live Action)

Titans (Teen Titans Live Action)
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

^^ I think a lot of people are in that boat.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2018 08:06 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's superb, far better than expected 8/10

Old Post Dec 19th, 2018 08:20 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Titans has consistently impressed me but this was one of the WORST choices for a season finale.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2018 05:03 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Yeah, no idea why they thought going the fake-visions/dream sequence type direction for a season finale was the way to go. Also didn't care for the way they used [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Batman. I know it had to do with the plot, but still. It ended up feeling more like a mid-season finale, which was an extremely underwhelming end for what is otherwise a very strong opening season IMO.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2018 02:58 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

right I agree I didn't know at all it was a season finale... I guess its like breaking bad in the sense its basically the one continuous arc? in reference to the spoiler above ^^^ I guess they figured that would be enough by itself to make a splash but imo they should move away from the bigs all together

Old Post Dec 27th, 2018 09:22 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

I loved the Season Finale tbh.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2018 10:40 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

A lot of people felt it ended very abruptly and seemed almost incomplete . And I now know why.

https://screenrant.com/titans-seaso...ecame-premiere/

Based on that, what ended up being the finale was essentially supposed to only be the first half of the finale. Which goes back to what I said about it feeling more like a mid-season finale. Like a bit of story was missing. Because it was.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2018 02:33 AM
Arachnid1

Finally got around to binging this. The marketing did not do this show justice. It was great! Not DD, Punisher, or Legion level, but definitely beats out Gotham or any of the CW shows.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Jason Todd was the highlight IMO. Man, what a scene.

PWNT

Old Post Jan 5th, 2019 03:47 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

This was amazing.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2019 09:11 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

While I still hold to the opinion that the costume designs and marketing for this were horrible, I found myself enjoying the series...even with the over the top edginess of it.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2019 12:22 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Just finished this. It's... A mixed bag. A poor adaptation in a lot of places, and yet decent in at least one or two others. Well-shot and acted in places, not in others. I'll give season two a chance, sure, but I'll keep my expectations in check.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 13th, 2019 02:48 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

maybe it was my lowered expectation due to the marvel shows and the CW shows. I'm not a big DC guy but I really enjoyed it it seems like most did as well. it can go either way now expectations have been set. as a show I liked it as a super hero show I liked it. plus the fact I didn't have to know a lot about the dc universe to jump in.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 09:25 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Saw epsiode 1 and barring Robin it was hilariously bad

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jan 16th, 2019 03:21 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Yeah, no idea why they thought going the fake-visions/dream sequence type direction for a season finale was the way to go. Also didn't care for the way they used [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Batman. I know it had to do with the plot, but still. It ended up feeling more like a mid-season finale, which was an extremely underwhelming end for what is otherwise a very strong opening season IMO.

I thought we learned a lot about [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Batman and thought he looked pretty bad ass. I get it was a dream thing, but im asssuming what we saw of him and learned about him is pretty close to the shows real world.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2019 09:58 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Darth Thor
I thought we learned a lot about [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Batman and thought he looked pretty bad ass. I get it was a dream thing, but im asssuming what we saw of him and learned about him is pretty close to the shows real world.

I just didn't care for the manner in which they used him in the episode, narrative-wise. I didn't feel like our first introduction to this version of the character should be a hallucination where he just went crazy and started murdering people. But eh, that's just me.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2019 03:32 AM
Darth Thor

I just didn't care for the manner in which they used him in the episode, narrative-wise. I didn't feel like our first introduction to this version of the character should be a hallucination where he just went crazy and started murdering people. But eh, that's just me.

Well I never expected to get a full on - [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the real Batman is here now.

But I was watching it thinking, Damn why couldnt the movie versions be this cool.

Also appreciated that despite their dark and violent nature that the Bat people in this Universe still have a strict No Kill policy.

Unlike say Batfleck from the films, for whom we never really understood what code he had, and what lines he wont cross.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2019 10:49 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Well I never expected to get a full on - [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the real Batman is here now.

But I was watching it thinking, Damn why couldnt the movie versions be this cool.

Also appreciated that despite their dark and violent nature that the Bat people in this Universe still have a strict No Kill policy.

Unlike say Batfleck from the films, for whom we never really understood what code he had, and what lines he wont cross.

Well, I am glad some people liked it. It just wasn't really for me. Still going to tune in for s2, so doesn't make much difference anyway.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2019 11:16 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I'm pretty sure Dick killed at least a couple of people in the pilot, and I haven't seen anything in subsequent episodes to at least explain why they suddenly turned it around to "Batman doesn't approve of killing".

We were flat out told why Batfleck was the way he was.

Or am I misunderstanding you?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 20th, 2019 11:21 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Well, I am glad some people liked it. It just wasn't really for me. Still going to tune in for s2, so doesn't make much difference anyway.

Hey fair enough. Just explaining why I liked it.

Originally posted by -Pr-
I'm pretty sure Dick killed at least a couple of people in the pilot, and I haven't seen anything in subsequent episodes to at least explain why they suddenly turned it around to "Batman doesn't approve of killing".

I would have to rewatch the pilot. I think he was just being really violent, like taking peoples eyes out, but from the finale Im guessing he would make sure none of those injuries would insta kill them.

Originally posted by -Pr-

We were flat out told why Batfleck was the way he was.

Or am I misunderstanding you?

Like what was his moral code? Where would he draw the line? I mean he was going to murder Superman right?

Old Post Jan 20th, 2019 03:13 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Hey fair enough. Just explaining why I liked it.

I would have to rewatch the pilot. I think he was just being really violent, like taking peoples eyes out, but from the finale Im guessing he would make sure none of those injuries would insta kill them.

Like what was his moral code? Where would he draw the line? I mean he was going to murder Superman right?

I honestly took that more to be them swerving hard during the season to try to make Dick look less like a psychopath. I mean, he fires a pistol in to a crowd at one point, and stabs at least a few of the bad guys.

Yeah, he was flat-out willing to kill people.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 20th, 2019 03:29 PM