KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » High-Meta Tournament, anyone interested?

High-Meta Tournament, anyone interested?
Started by: krisblaze

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by krisblaze
I'm thinking just body of one and power of one maybe.

Only problem there is from which do you get your mind. Can arguments be made that "using that power is difficult and you wont master it". I would suggest that one get's the mind of the power (since really there shouldn't be TOO much difference in wielding a body)

Plus some might actually choose the mind of a character over a power, o a body. Just throwing it out there.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2015 03:27 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Hey Kriz, that sounds interesting.

You mean the physiology and passive powers from one and the offensive powers from the other?

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Feb 4th, 2015 06:19 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

I'm interested. Werewolf...we can do our BZ here.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Feb 4th, 2015 08:36 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Werewolf582

Originally posted by carver9
I'm interested. Werewolf...we can do our BZ here.

K. Sounds good.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2015 09:11 PM
Werewolf582 is currently offline Click here to Send Werewolf582 a Private Message Find more posts by Werewolf582 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Reflassh, you can look up currys tourney and one of the others for example.

Carver, Ill probably judge this tourney, but I wont let any previous shit between us affect my judgement

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Feb 4th, 2015 09:48 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermutant

I'm interested in this.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2015 09:56 PM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

And MY AXE!

Old Post Feb 4th, 2015 11:25 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

DS and Supermutant are interested, Damborgson said he was interested on PM.

We've also got Delph on as a judge.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Feb 5th, 2015 03:46 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

I'll make a new thread once we agree on everything, but for now let's try to determine the amalgamation thing.

Do we want to do the full body + mind + power?

Or just body + mind or power + mind, etc.

As far as powers go:

No time manipulation
No offensive matter manipulation
No instant-death move/indefensible moves
A speed limit (%of lightspeed maybe), MACH 10 or something?
No body-swapping
No denying access to powers/power inhibition

As far as strategy goes:

10-20 seconds relative prep
No automatons/summons
Technology/battle suits must be created in the fight
Tech/Battle suits can not go above high-meta cap
No BFR (Maybe?) I feel like this is kind of boring

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Feb 5th, 2015 04:00 PM
Werewolf582

I'd prefer body + mind + power

Also a few qeustions. If we were to pick a telepath as our mind, would that give us TP or do we just get thier mind and nothing else? And with the body, if we pick somone like Shaw for example. Would we get thier powers or just thier durability?

Old Post Feb 5th, 2015 10:03 PM
Werewolf582 is currently offline Click here to Send Werewolf582 a Private Message Find more posts by Werewolf582 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

What about having the possibility of choosing two characters unamalgamed instead of a fusion? There are probably some cases in which strenght in numbers could be an interesting choice.

Will this be all-genre or just comicbook characters?

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Feb 6th, 2015 12:06 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

I personally like Body + Power + Mind with the added bonus of having full control of a power. It's no fun to argue that you wouldn't be able to utilize the resources available to you just because you'd be inexperienced.

It'll be interesting if this gets off the ground. Good luck! thumb up

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Feb 6th, 2015 04:30 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Thanks.

As of now I'm leaning towards Body + Power and then you having full control or whatever.

I'll make a new thread with rules and everything once I get a few more opinions. As of now we've got enough participants, just need a few more judges.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Feb 6th, 2015 04:42 PM
DarkSaint85

Full control.
Body+Power, as the point of a mind is to gain their intelligence, surely (i.e. Pym/Reed). But with full control, we SHOULD be able to utilise XYZ powers effectively.

Having a mind just opens things up to 'Batman finds a way', or 'Reed will just KNOW'.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2015 04:48 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Full control.
Body+Power, as the point of a mind is to gain their intelligence, surely (i.e. Pym/Reed). But with full control, we SHOULD be able to utilise XYZ powers effectively.
It's comics, so a lot of minds come with powers.

If you drafted Doom's mind, you should be able to do magic, because that's a learned skill of his.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2015 05:06 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by Existere
It's comics, so a lot of minds come with powers.

If you drafted Doom's mind, you should be able to do magic, because that's a learned skill of his.

Superman didn't learn to fly until he was 18 though (right?) body powers require experience too, if only for control and precision.

Hyperion with the mind of Dr. Strange sounds cool, but could he activate his heat vision? would his gestures be too fast to summon properly?

eek!

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Feb 6th, 2015 05:31 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

How did you handle "experience" in the other amalgam tourneys?

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Feb 6th, 2015 08:33 PM
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

There was also a mind component and we just allowed the mind to retain it's experience and properties. For instance, if I drafted Tony (mind) and someone like Box (power), I'd instantly be able to create anything that Tony had ever created in the past.

If Strange was the mind, there wouldn't be any reason that he wouldn't be able to do magic (as it was learned).

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Feb 7th, 2015 12:40 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Ok let me draft
Body - Rogue
Mind - Quibit
Power - Sage

Perfectly legal.

embarrasment

evil face

Old Post Feb 7th, 2015 02:31 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by "Id"
Ok let me draft
Body - Rogue
Mind - Quibit
Power - Sage

Perfectly legal.

embarrasment

evil face

laughing out loud

But seriously, I'm sorry ours never ended. You put together quite a squad.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2015 02:59 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote