KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » High-Meta Tournament, anyone interested?

High-Meta Tournament, anyone interested?
Started by: krisblaze

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Based on body and power amalgam, you already have mine Kriss

Old Post Feb 7th, 2015 05:04 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

High Meta tournament? Interesting...

Tell me guys, where do you think Dracula tiers? High Meta or Low Herald?

Old Post Feb 7th, 2015 07:13 AM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

LoM, you tell us.

He turns into mist, which you say is the ultimate defence (even to Godzilla and others). You've created threads where he goes up against Namor AND Aquaman. Against WW. Enchantress. Say that he has a one shot kill in his bite. Ultimate hypnosis, that apparently can even turn people like Grandmaster.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2015 11:45 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

I'd have to be the power of "vampirism", but I'm fairly certain I'm going to disallow that due to the wildly different interpretations and depictions smile

I'll post a big post tomorrow with all the finalized rules and whatnot.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Feb 7th, 2015 12:18 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Are you guys doing generalized powers, or a specific character's powers? For a tournament that's actually trying to be a tournament, I'd suggest specific characters - it's easier to manage, to debate for and against, and to judge.

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Feb 7th, 2015 12:55 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

I thought it was specific character powers. Thats how I made mine. Too damn hard to debate for otherwise. The likits/restrictions of the character you chose are the likits and only expnded upon if the other half of your amalgam covers a shortfall.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2015 01:27 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Are you guys doing generalized powers, or a specific character's powers? For a tournament that's actually trying to be a tournament, I'd suggest specific characters - it's easier to manage, to debate for and against, and to judge.

Yes, brainfart on my end.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Feb 7th, 2015 01:32 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
LoM, you tell us.

He turns into mist, which you say is the ultimate defence (even to Godzilla and others). You've created threads where he goes up against Namor AND Aquaman. Against WW. Enchantress. Say that he has a one shot kill in his bite. Ultimate hypnosis, that apparently can even turn people like Grandmaster.

Your right...

Dracula is beyond High Meta's...

wink

Old Post Feb 7th, 2015 04:10 PM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

Originally posted by Digi
laughing out loud

But seriously, I'm sorry ours never ended. You put together quite a squad.

I'm open for rematch, to be honest. I'm just changing the Powers slot to Leech or some other generic superpowers neutralizer - as my Body pick is totally-non-super by standards of her race it can work on many things while non-handicapping myself.
Just kidding. I'm more likely to be a judge than participate - I got into mixed genre tourneys recently with mixed success...

Beware Blonde Badasses Emma Frost K' Dante

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Feb 7th, 2015 06:18 PM
Charlotte DeBel is currently offline Click here to Send Charlotte DeBel a Private Message Find more posts by Charlotte DeBel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Originally posted by krisblaze

As far as powers go:
No body-swapping

You all are haters.

I was totally going to go Body Swap Central on everyone, considering the telepaths at high meta.

Last edited by StyleTime on Feb 15th, 2015 at 12:39 AM

Old Post Feb 15th, 2015 12:32 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

This still happening ???

Bumpity Bumpity Bumpity Bumpity Bumpity Bump Bump

Not that I'm impatient or anything whistle What the f**k?

Old Post Feb 21st, 2015 10:35 AM
Supermutant

I guess this was over before it even started.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2015 10:14 PM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Momentum is key...

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 11th, 2015 02:49 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermutant

To those still interested, I suggest a tourney like the excellent and entertaining KMC Secret Wars. With rules similar using 1 low herald and 1 high or lower meta tier amalgam. Doesn't have too be that many participants either.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2015 03:44 AM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Werewolf582

Originally posted by Supermutant
To those still interested, I suggest a tourney like the excellent and entertaining KMC Secret Wars. With rules similar using 1 low herald and 1 high or lower meta tier amalgam. Doesn't have too be that many participants either.
thumb up count me in

Old Post Mar 17th, 2015 03:58 AM
Werewolf582 is currently offline Click here to Send Werewolf582 a Private Message Find more posts by Werewolf582 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Feel free to steal our rules. If it's a simple tourney you're after, they're an excellent example of restricting potential loopholes and massive amps.

Might be worth it to shuffle the tiers, though. There's certainly enough variety at the levels we did, but switching things up a little is always good to give people new drafting options.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2015 04:07 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermutant

Originally posted by Digi
Feel free to steal our rules. If it's a simple tourney you're after, they're an excellent example of restricting potential loopholes and massive amps.

Might be worth it to shuffle the tiers, though. There's certainly enough variety at the levels we did, but switching things up a little is always good to give people new drafting options.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. thumb up

Old Post Mar 17th, 2015 04:44 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by Supermutant
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. thumb up

Nope. It's cash!

wink

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 17th, 2015 04:48 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermutant

lol that's what copyrights are for-

Old Post Mar 17th, 2015 04:54 AM
krisblaze

Sorry guys I got bogged down with work and work on my thesis.

Want to make it happen, but I don't see myself having the time to organize and drive this thing for now.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Mar 17th, 2015 01:33 PM