KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Daredevil (Netflix TV series)

Daredevil (Netflix TV series)
Started by: roughrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tzeentch
DD dies in the season finale.

Oh damn you've ruined it for me.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2015 01:42 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Just finished watching this yesterday. Loved this series can't wait for the next season.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Apr 19th, 2015 01:57 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Was supposed to finish this today but damn Samsung Smart Tv stopped working. And didn't want to watch it on my laptop.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2015 10:33 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

So, we're all in agreement. Daredevil is the best comicbook to tv translation yet.

What other properties are Marvel/Netflix working on?

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Apr 20th, 2015 02:51 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by janus77
So, we're all in agreement. Daredevil is the best comicbook to tv translation yet.

No that's still The Walking Dead, and it's not even close Imho.

But is Daredevil the best superhero rendition on Tv? Quite possibly. I will be able to give a more definitive answer once I've finished the season. I have 3 episodes left. But I can safely say the show is pretty Epic.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2015 06:13 PM
JayDaDon
G.O.A.T Ranger

I'm actually not sure which I like more between DD and WD. Its hard to compare to be honest. WD has so much more invested with 5 seasons.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2015 11:42 PM
JayDaDon is currently offline Click here to Send JayDaDon a Private Message Find more posts by JayDaDon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-

Really enjoyed the first season. Hoping the second gives us some more characters from the comic.

I don't think it's fair to compare it to other shows just yet though. Only one season.

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured... the first thought forbidden... the first freedom denied chains us all irrevocably."

Old Post Apr 21st, 2015 12:01 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

What other properties are Marvel/Netflix working on?

A.K.A. Jessica Jones
Iron Fist
Luke cage
The Defenders
Daredevil Season 2

"Put him in a straightjacket, the man's sick!"

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2015 03:03 AM
SpaceMonkey is online now! Click here to Send SpaceMonkey a Private Message Find more posts by SpaceMonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

Now they've announced another DD series after The Defenders, I'm guessing that following on from the success of this one, there's probably going to be a Punisher series in 'Wave 2' of Netflix.

Especially as a) tone wise it fits very well and b) there was that Punisher skull on the wall during episode 6.

It fits pretty well too, as Kevin Fiege has said that 'currently' in the MCU there is a Spider-Man running around but we haven't seen yet, so it works out that there might be a Punisher about who we haven't witnessed yet either.

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2015 03:57 AM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

Originally posted by SpaceMonkey
A.K.A. Jessica Jones
Iron Fist
Luke cage
The Defenders
Daredevil Season 2

Thanks!

Looking forward to IF, LC and DD season 2.

I don't follow Marvel street levellers besides DD, Punisher and SpiderMan, so very limited knowledge/exposure to them.

If they do make a Punisher series, it could frequently mesh with DD, much like Flash and Arrow crossover a lot.

Given the separate networks/publishers, is there any chance that MAOS characters/locales will mix with them?

I don't know who the martial arts guy Stick was reporting to is, but could that relate to the place beyond China that Skye was in?

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2015 03:17 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Given the separate networks/publishers, is there any chance that MAOS characters/locales will mix with them?

GOD I hope not.

Daredevil's been an Awesome show in it's own world on the streets. Last thing it needs is for Fitz and Simmons to show up.

I think keep their world to the Netflix one, with the possibility of any of them showing up in a Marvel movie at some point.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2015 04:12 PM
krisblaze

Finished this a couple of days ago, pretty damn solid.

Daredevil, Page and Urich were incredible casts.

Kingpin got a great cast as well, but I didn't much care for their take on him.

Instea of cold and calculating mob-boss we got this fat retarded baby act.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2015 04:48 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Browncoat

^ It's the origin story of kingpin dipshit

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2015 05:32 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Originally posted by Firefly218
^ It's the origin story of kingpin dipshit

Not the good one.

Hell, it retained very little of the original story and nothing of his PERSONALITY which is what I commented on.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2015 05:50 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Browncoat

Originally posted by krisblaze
Not the good one.

Hell, it retained very little of the original story and nothing of his PERSONALITY which is what I commented on.

No one just starts off as a devious, calculating mobster. This first season of Daredevil is Wilson Fisk developing into that persona. He thinks he's the good guy throughout the show and only realizes he's the villain in the last episode.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2015 06:07 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
God Emperor

Originally posted by krisblaze
Instead of cold and calculating mob-boss we got this fat retarded baby act.

A) I'd say he was cold and calculating. The things he did (taking out Nobu with Daredevil, killing the russians....etc (making sure he stayed on Lady Ghao's goodside because something was "off" about her....

B) Fat retarded baby? Kingpin is supposed to look somewhat fat...ever read the comic? He also was most certainly not retarded; he was quite intelligent. And he had issues he had to deal with from childhood, like most villains.

"Beneath this mask there's more than Flesh, there is an idea; and ideas are bulletproof."

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2015 08:03 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

If there's going to be spoilers in this thread, I can't be here until I finish watching Season 1.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Apr 24th, 2015 12:05 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by roughrider
If there's going to be spoilers in this thread, I can't be here until I finish watching Season 1.

Same.

But I'll be finished tomorrow night. Out watching a certain Marvel movie tonight stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 24th, 2015 09:50 AM
ODG

Re-watching that gun sale scene in episode 3, they really need to make Turk a running gag throughout the series. Would add so much great humor.

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Last edited by ODG on Apr 25th, 2015 at 05:32 AM

Old Post Apr 25th, 2015 05:29 AM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
A) I'd say he was cold and calculating. The things he did (taking out Nobu with Daredevil, killing the russians....etc (making sure he stayed on Lady Ghao's goodside because something was "off" about her....

B) Fat retarded baby? Kingpin is supposed to look somewhat fat...ever read the comic? He also was most certainly not retarded; he was quite intelligent. And he had issues he had to deal with from childhood, like most villains.

A) A cold man doesn't flip out and start tossing tables or screaming that someone "embarrassed" him. Classic fatkid rage. This was as far from the Miller Kingpin as we could get. This wasn't even Nocenti Kingpin...

b) Yeah, but in the comics they frame him in a way that makes him look imposing.

I agree with firefly though, he hasn't come into his kingpin-persona yet. This was more Wilson Fisk than Kingpin.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Apr 25th, 2015 08:06 AM