KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Daredevil (Netflix TV series)

Daredevil (Netflix TV series)
Started by: roughrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SamZED

Loved it. Weirdly enough, Kingpin is the most interesting character on the show. Also I'm not a fan of the final DD costume, he looked cooler just wearing black.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2015 09:37 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

This is the best example of outhouse to penthouse since Batman rebounded from Batman And Robin to Batman Begins. It's why we were giddy with delight as the days passed on that deadline for Fox years ago, and Marvel Studios got the screen rights back to Daredevil, Elektra et al. Doing the character in this format has actually made it even better, as we see they are truly dark corners in the vibrantly fun MCU, and that they co-exist rather than contradict each other in their tone.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Apr 26th, 2015 07:00 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

quote: (post)
Originally posted by janus77
Thanks!
Looking forward to IF, LC and DD season 2.
I don't follow Marvel street levellers besides DD, Punisher and SpiderMan, so very limited knowledge/exposure to them.
If they do make a Punisher series, it could frequently mesh with DD, much like Flash and Arrow crossover a lot.
Given the separate networks/publishers, is there any chance that MAOS characters/locales will mix with them?
I don't know who the martial arts guy Stick was reporting to is, but could that relate to the place beyond China that Skye was in?
Ive heard Coulson will cameo in Defenders.

Ghao was from K'un L'un. It's possible the Inhumans are there but idk if that's too odd, I hope they don't change Rand's backstory.

Last edited by Henry_Pym on Apr 26th, 2015 at 08:31 PM

Old Post Apr 26th, 2015 08:28 PM
Henry_Pym is currently offline Click here to Send Henry_Pym a Private Message Find more posts by Henry_Pym Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JayDaDon
G.O.A.T Ranger

I seriously hope we get Elektra in season 2. Shes a huge piece missing from the puzzle.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2015 09:40 PM
JayDaDon is currently offline Click here to Send JayDaDon a Private Message Find more posts by JayDaDon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

I always thought elektra was boring af, but I'm looking forward to Bullseye!

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Apr 26th, 2015 10:07 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

I hope we see more of the hand, Nobu was cool.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2015 10:30 PM
Henry_Pym is currently offline Click here to Send Henry_Pym a Private Message Find more posts by Henry_Pym Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Just finished the season tonight. Epic showdown at the end, and I like how everything has been building to Matt's appearance in his full outfit, and the way it was designed.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Apr 27th, 2015 02:40 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JayDaDon
G.O.A.T Ranger

Originally posted by krisblaze
I always thought elektra was boring af, but I'm looking forward to Bullseye!

I don't see how to be honest. A new live action portrayal holds loads of potential and her story ties right into the Bullseye/Kingpin one.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2015 03:12 AM
JayDaDon is currently offline Click here to Send JayDaDon a Private Message Find more posts by JayDaDon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Henry_Pym
Ive heard Coulson will cameo in Defenders.

I wouldn't like that tbh.

The less connection this has to MAOS the better Imho.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2015 07:30 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Femi32

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
I wouldn't like that tbh.

The less connection this has to MAOS the better Imho.

Coulson wouldn't be a huge problem for me. He made his first appearance in Iron Man. It's the other characters from MAOS that might drag the Netflix shows down. Even then, introducing anyone of them could work if it isn't forced and cheesy.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2015 08:01 AM
Femi32 is currently offline Click here to Send Femi32 a Private Message Find more posts by Femi32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Agents of Shield is that bad? I've only watched like 2 episodes.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2015 08:52 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by SamZED
Agents of Shield is that bad? I've only watched like 2 episodes.

It's not that bad now. BUt not good enough that I want crossovers with Netflix.

Originally posted by Femi32
Coulson wouldn't be a huge problem for me. He made his first appearance in Iron Man. It's the other characters from MAOS that might drag the Netflix shows down. Even then, introducing anyone of them could work if it isn't forced and cheesy.

Yeah I suppose just Coulson would be Ok. But I'm not exactly demanding it either. In terms of crossovers I'd prefer a movie crossover, even if it's in a small way.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2015 11:51 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Originally posted by JayDaDon
I don't see how to be honest. A new live action portrayal holds loads of potential and her story ties right into the Bullseye/Kingpin one.

I understand that her arc is necessary to Daredevil and that she plays an important role in the development of his character, but I don't care for Elektra as a character.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Apr 27th, 2015 12:21 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JayDaDon
G.O.A.T Ranger

There's still loads of great story potential and insane fights that could be done once they introduce her. I'm not the biggest fan of her either but I'm still curious how this creative team would approach the character. Also want to see Typhoid Mary.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2015 02:43 PM
krisblaze

Originally posted by JayDaDon
There's still loads of great story potential and insane fights that could be done once they introduce her. I'm not the biggest fan of her either but I'm still curious how this creative team would approach the character. Also want to see Typhoid Mary.

Mary could be good.

I like her a lot more than I like Elektra.

Daredevil has a dozen of women they could introduce, haha.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Apr 27th, 2015 03:31 PM
JayDaDon
G.O.A.T Ranger

I cant deny the fact that elektra had the biggest impact though and she adds alot more than just a pretty face.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2015 03:37 PM
krisblaze

^Elektra added the most to the marvel verse, but I think Karen Page had the most impact on Matt by far

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Apr 27th, 2015 04:12 PM
JayDaDon
G.O.A.T Ranger

Actually thats hard to disagree with. But it would still make for some awesome fights

Old Post Apr 27th, 2015 04:54 PM
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

So do you guys think Ghao was Crane Mother? It makes a lot of sense

Old Post Apr 28th, 2015 04:35 PM
Firefly218
Browncoat

Originally posted by Henry_Pym
So do you guys think Ghao was Crane Mother? It makes a lot of sense

She most definitely is

Old Post Apr 28th, 2015 04:44 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote