KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Daredevil (Netflix TV series)

Daredevil (Netflix TV series)
Started by: roughrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

If we get Fat Cobra & Bride of 9 spiders in Iron Fist I will lose my mind.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2015 02:38 AM
Henry_Pym is currently offline Click here to Send Henry_Pym a Private Message Find more posts by Henry_Pym Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Well well...Jon Bernthal from The Walking Dead joins the cast in Season 2...as the Punisher!

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/jon...515649/?_r=true

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jun 9th, 2015 11:18 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

(please log in to view the image)

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post Jun 10th, 2015 01:15 AM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Awesome News

Old Post Jun 10th, 2015 07:51 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

That's actually a great casting and someone who could potentially hold their own series.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jun 10th, 2015 02:55 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Newjak
That's actually a great casting and someone who could potentially hold their own series.

If there's a downside, it's that there's no longer any reason for Thomas Jane to hold out hope he can have the role again.

We've already seen how antagonistic Matt's relationship with Stick was, over his code of no killing/not fighting a war stance. And he still has fondness for the man. What's it going to be like, meeting someone new who settles problems with automatic weapons? big grin

(Speaking of Stick...I've been waiting for years for him to get played by Scott Glenn. That was one of the most perfect castings of all time.) thumb up

Old Post Jun 11th, 2015 12:03 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Solid casting, but I prefer Jane. Looks so MUCH better as the Punisher.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2015 12:06 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Jane only looks like Punisher from the Tim Bradstreet art.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2015 03:04 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 11th, 2015 04:10 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by roughrider
If there's a downside, it's that there's no longer any reason for Thomas Jane to hold out hope he can have the role again.

We've already seen how antagonistic Matt's relationship with Stick was, over his code of no killing/not fighting a war stance. And he still has fondness for the man. What's it going to be like, meeting someone new who settles problems with automatic weapons? big grin

(Speaking of Stick...I've been waiting for years for him to get played by Scott Glenn. That was one of the most perfect castings of all time.) thumb up
Yeah I liked Jane as the Punisher but I can see why they would choose to go with a new face.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jun 11th, 2015 01:13 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Originally posted by Golgo13
Solid casting, but I prefer Jane. Looks so MUCH better as the Punisher.

(please log in to view the image)

Atleast in that pic, Bernthal looks a lot closer. If we're talking about looks, nobody got closer to comic book Frank Castle than Ray Stevenson.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2015 11:35 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

I didn't really care for Stevenson. Jane is the best one so far. Bernthal can come close, though.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2015 11:51 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Jane was a decent action star. I've never heard a good reason from ANYONE how he was the best Frank Castle. In what specific ways was Jane closer to the comic book Frank Castle than Stevenson? I'm ready to finally hear a good answer to this.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2015 06:19 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Jun 12th, 2015 06:31 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Kazenji

I thought he looked the closest to the Mike Zeck version of the Punisher.

Attachment: punisher-mikezeck.jpg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Old Post Jun 13th, 2015 03:35 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by JayDaDon
Jane was a decent action star. I've never heard a good reason from ANYONE how he was the best Frank Castle. In what specific ways was Jane closer to the comic book Frank Castle than Stevenson? I'm ready to finally hear a good answer to this.

Jane did a very good voice acting job in the Punisher game. Other than that, I wasn't impressed either.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2015 04:38 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Interesting...Elodie Yung has been cast as Elektra for Season 2.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/marvels-...-220321453.html

While not actually Greek - her father is Cambodian, her mother is French - she does has that exotic look Jennifer Garner was certainly lacking in 2003.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2015 04:07 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I thought he looked the closest to the Mike Zeck version of the Punisher.

Not so much to me from that picture, Jane isn't exactly a muscly guy.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2015 06:09 AM
Femi32

Interesting...Elodie Yung has been cast as Elektra for Season 2.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/marvels-...-220321453.html

While not actually Greek - her father is Cambodian, her mother is French - she does has that exotic look Jennifer Garner was certainly lacking in 2003.

She resembles Elektra very well. She was in the running for Wonder Woman, too. Anybody know how well she can act? Also, what is a Greek Woman supposed to look like, anyway? Jennifer Aniston and Tina Fey are Greek, and they don't look anymore exotic than your average caucasian woman.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2015 06:45 PM
Femi32 is currently offline Click here to Send Femi32 a Private Message Find more posts by Femi32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Tina fey and Jennifer aniston look nothing alike. I don't think there is any specific greek look. If she told me she was greek I wouldn't fall over from shock.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2015 07:51 PM