KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Daredevil (Netflix TV series)

Daredevil (Netflix TV series)
Started by: roughrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
roughrider
Thunderer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Femi32
She resembles Elektra very well. She was in the running for Wonder Woman, too. Anybody know how well she can act? Also, what is a Greek Woman supposed to look like, anyway? Jennifer Aniston and Tina Fey are Greek, and they don't look anymore exotic than your average caucasian woman.

Elodie Yung can pass for Mediterranean. I'm okay with her casting.

Jennifer Garner lost points for not even dying her hair black, to look more like Elektra.

Just look at this still from G.I. Joe 2 - Elodie is very well suited for this role.

(please log in to view the image)

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jul 8th, 2015 10:38 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I don't think she looks great, personally, but I'll see how she does in the show. She deserves the benefit of the doubt, to be fair.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 9th, 2015 03:24 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Elodie is going to be great as Elektra

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 9th, 2015 04:05 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Originally posted by -Pr-
I don't think she looks great, personally, but I'll see how she does in the show. She deserves the benefit of the doubt, to be fair.

Some sites have been running some lackluster photos, but ones like THIS is something they should have run with.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 9th, 2015 07:15 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

^ I'm more concerned with her acting chops than her looks. Charlie Cox, Elden Henson, Vincent D'Onofrio, Deborah Ann Woll, Ayelet Zurer, Vondie Curtis-Hall, Bob Gunton, Rosario Dawson, all great actors/actresses. Whenever they showed up, they carried their scenes.

Then you had someone like Peter Shinkoda (Nobu). He looked the part. Looked great. But frankly, he was really out of his depth when it came to acting and there were times I was glad his contribution to a scene was limited to glaring randomly at people and cursing under his breath in Japanese.

That is exactly what I don't want to happen whenever Elodie Yung shows up and opens her mouth. Just draining a scene of its rightful impact. Because she's going to be right there in the thick of it and the rest of the cast is going to have to depend on her to nail those emotional notes.

Hopefully, she got the acting chops. And that's why they cast her despite how wooden and pointless she seemed in G.I. Joe: Retaliation.

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post Jul 10th, 2015 01:44 AM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by ODG
^ I'm more concerned with her acting chops than her looks. Charlie Cox, Elden Henson, Vincent D'Onofrio, Deborah Ann Woll, Ayelet Zurer, Vondie Curtis-Hall, Bob Gunton, Rosario Dawson, all great actors/actresses. Whenever they showed up, they carried their scenes.

Then you had someone like Peter Shinkoda (Nobu). He looked the part. Looked great. But frankly, he was really out of his depth when it came to acting and there were times I was glad his contribution to a scene was limited to glaring randomly at people and cursing under his breath in Japanese.

That is exactly what I don't want to happen whenever Elodie Yung shows up and opens her mouth. Just draining a scene of its rightful impact. Because she's going to be right there in the thick of it and the rest of the cast is going to have to depend on her to nail those emotional notes.

Hopefully, she got the acting chops. And that's why they cast her despite how wooden and pointless she seemed in G.I. Joe: Retaliation.

So far I've only seen her in The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, playing one of Lisbeth's Salander's flings. She seems to have more acting chops than people think.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2015 02:58 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Originally posted by ODG

I gotta see her in Girl with the dragon tattoo. Quality film but I didn't see her in it. I know they had an extensive audition process so in terms of acting I'll just hope she blew them away in auditions and wait and see.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2015 06:01 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I still haven't seen the first season... but I intend to catch up. Can't miss the Punisher played by TWD Shane in S2.

SPOILER WARNING - pics of the Punisher in action

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: http://www.comicvine.com/articles/i...ev/1100-153168/

Old Post Aug 14th, 2015 11:13 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I still haven't seen the first season...

Watch that shit ASAP!

Old Post Aug 16th, 2015 07:42 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Season 2 drops in two months, and as usual Frank Miller is being an ass dick. (This guy was once my favourite writer/artist roll eyes (sarcastic) )

http://www.cinemablend.com/televisi...sms-111687.html

I'm so glad Marvel doesn't have him in their fold as a consultant. Get it, Frank: you don't own Daredevil, Elektra or Batman, so considering what others are doing as messing around with YOUR property isn't true. You've got your head permanently stuck in Sin City anyway; stay there.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2016 01:10 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I get that she's "his" in a sense, but he hasn't even watched the show. What could his actual issue be? The casting?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 16th, 2016 01:19 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

It's ironic that the show has used the best of his work (the movie did too, but totally f**ked it up in its approach), and he's the one who made Daredevil the great character he is today, after two decades being in Spider Man's shadow. But this guy has gotten so full of himself he won't watch the Batman movies either, because the only true Batman to him is the one he writes. roll eyes (sarcastic) Hey Frank, you notice DC doesn't trust you either? That's why they forced you to work with Brian Azzarello and Klaus Janson on Dark Knight 3.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2016 02:43 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by -Pr-

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 15th, 2016 03:37 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

^^^^^excellent right there

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 15th, 2016 07:32 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

March can't come soon enough! DD ftw, best show out PERIOD

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Feb 17th, 2016 10:51 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Its a frigging great show, but not the best comic book show IMO. Nothing tops Walking Dead. And an argument could be made for The Flash being better as well, but the Flash and DD are as different as Avengers and TDK.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2016 02:37 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Its a frigging great show, but not the best comic book show IMO. Nothing tops Walking Dead. And an argument could be made for The Flash being better as well, but the Flash and DD are as different as Avengers and TDK.

Walking dead? Nah.. Not anymore. I used to love it but it's so stagnant now and the characters......I suppose I should start watching it again but yah.....I'll take Daredevil over WD any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I hate Flash as a character so I can't really make a judgement there as I don't watch it.

ANYWYAY, Season 2 Trailer 2 is out!! And, it's awesome.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Cn3DVV0LHY

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Feb 25th, 2016 04:42 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Gonna Binge the shit outta this tonight!

Old Post Mar 18th, 2016 08:32 PM
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Up through episode 10....This show is amazing.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2016 01:59 PM
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Okay, Season 2 is officially badass. Definitely worthy of the Daredevil name. It ups the ante in almost every way. Of course there are a few things left open and a few things that didn't work...but it is still the best super hero show out there; period. The real takeaways from season 2 are John Bernthal's Punisher and Elodie Young's Elektra.

After disappointing outings on the Big screen for both characters....this show COMPLETELY nails it and gives us the definitive on screen version of both. I can't wait for season 3 and, hopefully; a Punisher spin-off.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2016 12:17 PM