KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Daredevil

Daredevil
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

Daredevil

This looks great. The atmosphere is perfect for Daredevil. I cant wait for him to clash with Kingpin and Bullseye! Hopefully we'll even get Punisher to pop up at some point. Also, hopefully he dons the red costume by the end of the season. This show IS part of the MCU btw.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02...exclusive-debut

(please log in to view the image)

PWNT

Old Post Feb 6th, 2015 07:23 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

looks interesting

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 6th, 2015 10:30 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

This is gonna be Awesome! Can't wait.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2015 10:33 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Daredevil officially rated TV-Mature

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/conte...rated-tv-mature

Old Post Feb 10th, 2015 07:30 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

With the current deal in place giving the MCU access to Spider-Man it also opens the entire MCU up to Sony for their movies. What I am getting at is if Daredevil does good there may be a chance for a Spider-Man Daredevil team up!

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Feb 10th, 2015 08:02 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Yep and Kingpin can be a Spider-Man villain line he was so often in the comics.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2015 10:00 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
^ Yep and Kingpin can be a Spider-Man villain line he was so often in the comics.
I never understood why he went with the Daredevil rights in the first place. He first showed up in Spiderman, and has appeared regularly since.

PWNT

Old Post Feb 10th, 2015 10:03 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Looking forward to this

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 10th, 2015 10:10 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Arachnid1
I never understood why he went with the Daredevil rights in the first place. He first showed up in Spiderman, and has appeared regularly since.

It might have been a case of Kingpin being an associated character of both Daredevil and Spider-Man. Kind of like how both Marvel and Fox can use QS and SW, because they were both considered essential parts of the X-Men and Avengers Universe.

But perhaps Sony just decided to never use him. I have to admit I would hate it if the movie version got into a fist fight with Kingpin and struggled. That always annoyed me in the Comics, Games and Cartoons.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2015 11:00 AM
Arachnid1

Awesome new trailer. I'm hoping this show forces all other live action shows to step it up like Spiderman 2 and TDK did for super hero movies. Also, the first episode has already leaked apparently. People seem to be pretty amazed. Especially by the finale. I haven't gotten around to watching it yet, but it comes out soon enough so I think I'll wait.

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Mar 12th, 2015 at 01:15 AM

Old Post Mar 12th, 2015 01:13 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Quite excited for this. Both trailers look really good, and I liked the little nod to Thor and Ironman at the end of the 2nd one.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2015 10:58 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Am I the only one who thinks that Kingpin is a bad villain? He's just a crime lord. JUST a crime lord, there is nothing special or unique about him.

At least Bullseye has something going for him as a villain.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 12:58 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Am I the only one who thinks that Kingpin is a bad villain? He's just a crime lord. JUST a crime lord, there is nothing special or unique about him.

He's not just a crime lord. He's THE crime lord. He's enough of a physical threat to fight people like Spiderman and Dardevil on even ground, and has enough backing to be feared by legitimate super powered beings. He has henchmen like Electra, Electro, Rhino, Sandman, (etc...). He's the untouchable crime lord with a super powered army and the entire NYC underworld and police department in his pocket.

Kingpin is an awesome villain.

PWNT

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 01:42 AM
BlackZero30x
Jack

Its his resources and intelligence that make him such a good villain. Hes no Lex Luther but he is clever and he manages to pull his resources in ways that allow him to hire people like Bullseye.

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 01:42 AM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Arachnid1
He's not just a crime lord. He's THE crime lord. He's enough of a physical threat to fight people like Spiderman and Dardevil on even ground, and has enough backing to be feared by legitimate super powered beings. He has henchmen like Electra, Electro, Rhino, Sandman, (etc...). He's the untouchable crime lord with a super powered army and the entire NYC underworld and police department in his pocket.

Kingpin is an awesome villain.

thumb up

D'Onofrio as KP thumb up thumb up thumb up

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Mar 27th, 2015 at 03:56 AM

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 03:54 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

You don't read much Daredevil, do you?

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 12:56 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

It sounds like you basically have no idea who Kingpin is.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 10:22 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

I haven't read much DareDevil, but I've seen the movie, and the episode of Spiderman with Kingpin.

But, then again, you need to be near-Joker level or have superhuman powers to be a good villain.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Mar 29th, 2015 03:51 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

I haven't read much DareDevil, but I've seen the movie, and the episode of Spiderman with Kingpin.

But, then again, you need to be near-Joker level or have superhuman powers to be a good villain.
Did you not see KP kicking DD's ass in the movie? There were a lot of episodes of Kingpin in Spiderman, he's usually shown as a threat, so I still don't know why you're downplaying him.

I don't know what you mean by Joker level.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Mar 29th, 2015 04:04 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

quote:
Jmanghan

erm

Old Post Mar 29th, 2015 10:41 PM
Eminence is currently offline Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote