KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Daredevil

Daredevil
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): « First ... « 23 24 [25] 26 27 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
queeq
Chaos

hehehe... true.

However, I do find the fact that he needs heartbeats or breaths to hear someone is very inconsistent. In the last episode he could ever hear there was a sword mark on the wall.... I mean, come on.

Especially in those wet tunnels, sound would be very different if the room is full of people.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2016 09:31 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yeah it's DD's abilities in general that need to be consistent- specific exceptions are fine.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 24th, 2016 09:38 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Of course. In fact, I'd welcome that. His enemies could use some of the weaknesses in his skills or abilities, which then would also allow him to grow. But... yeah, they have to be consistent. The inconsistency is pretty obvious, I feel. Too obvious... pretty sloppy.

But, I still enjoyed the series.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2016 02:24 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

They have never really explained his powers. Sure he has all his senses increased, but he also seems to have some level of increased stamina, strength, and speed. Since even if you hear shit coming it doesn't magically increase your reaction speed, and didn't he recently catch an arrow? In the comics he obviously has some level of increased strength.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2016 03:13 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

It doesn't have to be explained. We see what he can do or not. Why can he sense/hear a crack in the wall, or what kind of weapons are in crates 6 feet away from him and not five guys standing right behind him in a small tunnel? These two demonstrations of his sensing powers are contradictory.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2016 09:06 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Cos ninjas

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 24th, 2016 10:51 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Really enjoyed season 2, mostly because of Punisher. For me, all his scenes were outstanding and I am absolutely amped for the possibility of a solo Punisher show. If done right it could be incredible for a character who has never really been done justice on the screen.

Was not a big fan of Elektra being in this season, I kinda felt like her entire presence was forced and created some clutter when it comes to pacing. It felt like maybe there was too much going on this season and they were juggling too many major characters.

Overall though I'm excited for the prospects this season laid the groundwork for.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2016 12:15 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Me too.

Wasn't too impressed with Elektra either. I was kinda bothered with that fake, overly strong British accent. I bet she practised a lot on that, but it's not very natural.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2016 08:07 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I didn't mind Elektra really, but I was never really that engaged when she was on screen. Except when she [SPOILER - highlight to read]: slits the kids throat. That part sort of woke me out of the stupor that was her performance.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2016 02:01 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Young Ellie was a more impressive screen presence.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2016 03:39 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Just finished watching this. I still think it was a good season. Punisher was awesome. The Hand arc was cool for the most part. It just felt like season suffered from having two very distinct narratives going at the same time.

I think it caused things to be rushed and other things to get dropped from the narrative. I think this season would have done better had they tried to do a better job of connecting the Punisher Blacksmith arc with the Hand arc towards the end. It may have been cliche but I think it would have worked better in keeping things neater. Also the Punisher should have totally been in that last fight more. I would have loved to see Electra and Frank interact.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Mar 27th, 2016 04:59 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Yeah, the Castle arc was strong as hell. The show manages to hit a lot of good character beats, and they f-ing nailed the casting for Matt and Foggy. It also didn't suffer from Jessica Jones's major flaw (and, to a lesser extent, DD season 1), which was how much the plot slowed down during the middle while they fumbled for something to do. I never noticed the show drag like those two. And, for clarity, I liked JJ, but that's the consensus criticism that I agreed with. It would have been tighter with, say, 8 episodes instead of 13. The two major plotlines in DD S2 helped with this.

My instinct was to agree with Newjak above me about the lack of tying together the two arcs. There's a satisfaction to that sort of thing, no doubt. But I also think we're sort of programmed to expect it (I certainly was), so in an intellectual sense I admire the choice not to shoehorn the two together. It made for a different viewing experience.

Elektra seems the biggest lightning rod for division. I was mostly ambivalent to her performance. My biggest gripe was how convoluted the Black Sky stuff got. Maybe they were pulling from the comics - I never followed DD comics too closely - but it seemed overtly confusing at times, bordering on nonsensical toward the end. The other lone element - though it was much smaller - that briefly pulled me out of it was Castle's house. In what had to have been months, nothing was moved out? No one was monitoring it? Very weird.

Good show. Psyched for the inevitable S3. I won't quite join the chorus calling for a Punisher spinoff, though. It would be fine, I'm sure. But there's an art to leaving people wanting more. Marvel's best use of him may be in cameo roles.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2016 02:55 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Veronica, Fisk girlfriend was Supermans biological mother in man of steel.

In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter

Old Post Apr 6th, 2016 03:13 AM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Punisher is so borning and blah.

In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter

Old Post Apr 6th, 2016 03:15 AM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Veronica, Fisk girlfriend was Supermans biological mother in man of steel.

Just shows what a player Fisk is. Got to Jor-El's wife too. stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 6th, 2016 07:38 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Just finished episode 5 of Season 1. This show fu#king rules so far.

Love how the show is smart enough and patient enough to make the characters complex and interesting. By far the best Marvel show/movie I've seen so far.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2016 03:07 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Just finished episode 5 of Season 1. This show fu#king rules so far.

Love how the show is smart enough and patient enough to make the characters complex and interesting. By far the best Marvel show/movie I've seen so far.

thumb up

Season 2 delivers just as much. In terms of plotting, action, etc. DD is head and shoulders above pretty much every other comic show being produced. Even the well-regarded ones aren't on DD's level, imo, or even the good-but-not-great Jessica Jones, which joins DD on Netflix.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2016 04:30 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

The ending of Season 2 was a let down though, so be ready for that.

PWNT

Old Post Apr 24th, 2016 04:08 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Vincent D'Onofrio is a fu#king genius. He is brilliant as Kingpin. I hate that he wasted so much time on that TV crime drama.. such a waste of his talent.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2016 04:36 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Vincent D'Onofrio is a fu#king genius. He is brilliant as Kingpin. I hate that he wasted so much time on that TV crime drama.. such a waste of his talent.

Don't hate it because it's practice, it's fine tuning his craft. Yes most of the law and order type shows are shitty except for the one liners they spew out whenever they find a dead body or something, but it's all just practice for their craft..getting really used to what you do.

To put it another way..when I use to box I would still gain a BIT of experience or practice via sparring people way way less skilled.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2016 07:28 PM