KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Daredevil

Daredevil
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): « First ... « 24 25 [26] 27 28 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Vincent D'Onofrio is a fu#king genius. He is brilliant as Kingpin. I hate that he wasted so much time on that TV crime drama.. such a waste of his talent.

You mean the TV crime drama that was consistently and regularly nominated for awards as best new TV series, best drama, best actor, best actress, best episode and outstanding director? confused

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2016 07:33 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

^See, even you don't know the name of it. stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 24th, 2016 09:08 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

This show hasn't been confirmed for a third season yet, and the actor that plays Matt says he has no idea when there will be a new season. I wonder if they will start up again after they complete shooting for Defenders

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 01:11 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Well, to be fair, they have a huge amount still on their plate, so they have to try and find time for it all. Luke Cage, Jessica Jones s2, Iron Fist and Defenders. DD already has 2 seasons under his belt, so they are likely to give him a breather to focus on the others.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 02:12 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

^See, even you don't know the name of it. stick out tongue

LOL. I am no fan of Law & Order either, but I caught an episode of Criminal Intent one night and I was hooked. Ended up buying the DVDs just to watch Vincent D'Onofrio. Read later that he left the show because he was completely burned out - he put so much effort into his work that his health started suffering. I've been a fan of his ever since.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 03:19 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Just finished Season 1. For me personally some of the episodes in the beginning/middle of the season were the best. There were a couple goofy parts toward the end of the season (probably Ep. 11/12), like the guy Matt Murdock got to make his suit. Felt like their fight was a bit overdone... should have been more understated. There were one or two other things that seemed a little rushed...

But still an amazing season. Great story, great character arcs. So psyched about Season 2.

Old Post May 13th, 2016 10:51 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Originally posted by Impediment
I can't wait to see Fisk's origin episode. While at dinner with Vanessa, Fisk mentioned that his cuff links were his dad's and wears them every day. In PunisherMAX, a young Fisk [SPOILER - highlight to read]: drugs his abusive, alcoholic dad with a paralyzing agent, stuffs cheese into his dad's mouth, and then lets 5 starving rats eat the cheese from his mouth while suffocating him and eating the inside of his mouth. Brutal shit.

(please log in to view the image)

It was a little toned down for the show. But I think they had to, so the character would make more sense.

Originally posted by Firefly218
And this is just the origin of Kingpin. Think how freakin badass he'll be once he goes full villain.

Omg... hell yes.

Originally posted by juggernaut74
Good show so far. Just don't like the shaky camera style.

Yeah, that's my biggest complaint, too. They usually do it during dialogue scenes! What in the absolute fu#k! [begin rant] It serves no purpose but to distract the viewer during a dialogue scene. It does NOT add any tension or interest. It's just stupid. Everything else is filmed so beautifully. [end rant]

Originally posted by Arachnid1
I finally finished the show. Most I liked, some I hated. I'll start off with the worst, which I'm surprised none of you have brought up.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Killing Ben Urich was a BIG mistake. You guys are complaining about losing Weasley, which sucked, but Ben's death was the worst. He is a very integral part of the Marvel U. I thought him getting fired would just be the next step to him working for the Daily Bugle with Spidey in his movie, but then they just brutally killed him off. It didn't even really serve the story either. Events would have played out the same either way with the crooked detective. His wifes entire 'feeling' that his best stories were yet to come was just a stupid little misleading comment. I can practically hear the writers loling right now at peoples reactions.

I usually like characters getting killed off, but not pointlessly. It needs to drive the story forward in some way. Urich is such a big part of so many Marvel stories that killing him off in the first season of Daredevil was the writers shooting themselves in the foot.

Wow, interesting. Yeah, I didn't like seeing him go, and now that you mention all that, damn, that sucks. He was a great character. Why does the black guy always have to die??

Old Post May 13th, 2016 11:31 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

The Sin Eater rumored to be one of the Villains in season 3

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/m...n-eater-a153536

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 30th, 2017 09:34 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I'd rather see Bullseye over him.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2017 01:57 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Kazenji
I'd rather see Bullseye over him.
Agreed. He never really came off as a DD villain to me. I've seen him heavily featured in Spider-man though, and he's pretty entwined with Spidey's supporting cast.

Apparently he's also a pretty big Ghost Rider villain (though I've never read these so I don't know how big), so at least he offers the chance for a few good cross overs. I doubt we'll get Spidey in DDs show, as cool as that would be, but Ghost Rider is very possible.

PWNT

Old Post Aug 31st, 2017 06:24 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/dare...l-season-3-news

Filming has finally started in season 3. Kingpin is already confirmed to return.

Also, Cox himself has said that the third season will adapt elements from Daredevils "Born Again" arc. For those not familiar in with the story, it's the arc that outs Murdock as DD to Kingpin, and Kingpin wrecks his life.
http://www.slashfilm.com/daredevil-...in-charlie-cox/

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Nov 19th, 2017 at 09:32 AM

Old Post Nov 19th, 2017 09:19 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Filming has finally started in season 3. Kingpin is already confirmed to return.

Also, Cox himself has said that the third season will adapt elements from Daredevils "Born Again" arc. For those not familiar in with the story, it's the arc that outs Murdock as DD to Kingpin, and Kingpin wrecks his life.

Oh hell yeah, this sounds good. Vincent D'Onofrio returning, I hope??

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 01:56 PM
Arachnid1

Oh hell yeah, this sounds good. Vincent D'Onofrio returning, I hope??
Yep, and if it follows Born Again it really should be his season. Things are gonna get pretty intense between him and DD

PWNT

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 05:03 PM
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Things are gonna get pretty intense between him and DD

Omg, yeah. That's why I'm excited to see this.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 06:32 PM
Gehenna
Sorgo

Yep, and if it follows Born Again it really should be his season. Things are gonna get pretty intense between him and DD

DDBA is probably one of my all-time favorite comic book runs so I hope they do a good job adapting it. It might be tough, seeing as how Daredevil is legitimately broken by Kingpin in that run (majority of the TV audience might view it as far too dark). It makes what happens to Batman in the TDKR film look like a baby shower.

I hope it's good. It would keep up a consistent tone of grittiness that I think DD's series has captured quite well so far, which is why DD is still my favorite of the TV adaptations.

Nothing ever ends.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2017 03:21 AM
Gehenna is currently offline Click here to Send Gehenna a Private Message Find more posts by Gehenna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

They'd need to make a few tweaks to the story, due to differences between the comics and the show, with characters like Karen, for example, but it is definitely doable. Because she knows Matt's identity, we know Fisk was looking into Murdock after their encounter in prison in S2, we know Fisk is coming back, we know Nuke exists in the MCU, and ending of The Defenders established the connection to Matt's mother. So, they definitely have the groundwork laid for it.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2017 04:32 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Old Post May 16th, 2018 07:22 PM
Impediment
Endless

Nice.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post May 16th, 2018 10:04 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Fuck, it seems like Season 3 should be coming out already..

Old Post May 17th, 2018 11:44 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

They really aren't subtle with this now.

(please log in to view the image)

But it's good. It implies a major role for Bullseye in the show, if they are even incorporating his symbol into the friggin costume department uniforms.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Jun 8th, 2018 at 10:35 AM

Old Post Jun 8th, 2018 10:32 AM