KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Daredevil

Daredevil
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): « First ... « 26 27 [28] 29 30 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Oct 6th, 2018 07:04 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Obviously still very early, but initial reviews I have seen for the first 6 episodes have all been praising it. Some even saying it's the best to date.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2018 08:07 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Obviously still very early, but initial reviews I have seen for the first 6 episodes have all been praising it. Some even saying it's the best to date.

I hope so. I kind of expect this to be the best yet, because it should be so Daredevil/Kingpin heavy.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2018 08:30 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller

Will take that with a grain of salt. I remember the reviews all praising Luke Cage S1.

That said, Kingpins back. So its gotta be good.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2018 10:02 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

A lot of people liked LC s1, even if some didn't. Plus, they've been a lot less forgiving with the shows in recent times though, and far more willing to be critical of them. So, I am optimistic myself.

But apparently part of why it works so well is because of groundwork laid in the first 2 seasons (everything that happened with Fisk, Punisher, Elektra, to get all the characters to this point). And apparently the main three, Bethel, Cox and D'Onofrio all kill it in their roles.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Oct 12th, 2018 at 01:55 PM

Old Post Oct 12th, 2018 01:51 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Oct 14th, 2018 03:20 AM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

That's a really bizarre way to phrase that article title. Makes it sound like Charlie Cox phoned it in this season, but they're actually talking about the narrative situation of the lead character.

But yeah, most reviews have said the same. They've stripped it down a lot, gone back to basics, and everything is much better for it.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2018 03:31 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

The writing for this show is so far beyond the other Netflix MCU shows it’s not even funny

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Oct 19th, 2018 08:56 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Damn, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: that building really phucked Matt up. Granted, just surviving was impressive, but he certainly didn't come out of it unscathed (messed up back, hip, messed up senses, on top of all the superficial damage). I cringed at the bit where he unclogged his nose.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2018 10:02 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Watched the first 2 episodes. And, so far, it's been a strong reminder why this is not only my favourite MCU Netflix show, but one of my favourite superhero properties, period. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Bullseye's debut was epic. He just steamrolled through those guys like it was nothing, and was ricocheting bullets etc.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2018 11:29 AM
HulkIsHulk

How the hell is Matt gonna stop him

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Oct 19th, 2018 11:32 AM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Maybe he wont.

Cant wait to binge this.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2018 01:11 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

It just dawned on me that Sister Maggie is Sorsha from the movie Willow.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Oct 19th, 2018 01:28 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Willow is also the name of a character on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Vampires are also on the show True Blood. The girl who plays Karen on Daredevil was on True Blood as a vampire.

It all comes full circle.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2018 01:36 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Five episodes done. Man, I kinda [SPOILER - highlight to read]: feel for Bullseye, even though he is a psycho. Because he is clearly trying so hard to be normal, but he is just too damaged, which makes his efforts futile and tragic.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2018 05:09 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I didn’t see the link between [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Typhoid Mary and Bulleye.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2018 05:18 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

No way Matt could take them both lol

Old Post Oct 19th, 2018 05:18 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Also Bullseye is dead ****ing on
Another amazing addition to a roster of complex MCU villains

Old Post Oct 19th, 2018 05:47 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Oh never mind I thought Julie was Typhoid 😂😂😂

Old Post Oct 19th, 2018 05:55 PM
Impediment
Endless

I’m already on episode six and this season is great. A little slow, it in sure it’ll pick up. Dex is definitely going to go all out batshit!

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Oct 19th, 2018 06:15 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote