KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Daredevil

Daredevil
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

This might be the best superhero show I've ever seen. Way better than Arrow. Anyone else agree?

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Apr 11th, 2015 04:21 AM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Flash is still better IMO. It's far better than the rest so far though.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2015 04:30 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
This series makes Nolan's Batman franchise look like My Little Pony!

Daredevil makes Batman look 20% cooler? Alrighty.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2015 04:33 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

Originally posted by ares834
Flash is still better IMO. It's far better than the rest so far though.

agreed! BUT Daredevil is just freaking amazing! My second favorite Superhero show after Flash.

OOhH and episode 7!!!

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Apr 11th, 2015 06:14 AM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Damn you guys are all racing past me. I've only seen the first 2 episodes. Will catch up on more tonight.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2015 02:21 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

On episode 8. Kingpin's backstory is phucking amazing! His love story with Vanessa is great too.

Jack Bauer

Last edited by Lestov16 on Apr 11th, 2015 at 02:24 PM

Old Post Apr 11th, 2015 02:21 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

This is undoubtedly the best superhero show I've ever seen. Binge watched the entire season yesterday and it's ****ing incredible. Haven't seen Flash yet, but if y'all still consider it better than daredevil I might actually check it out.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2015 03:08 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

On episode 10 now. Agree that this is the best superhero show I've yet seen. I haven't seen Flash or Gotham so I can't compare, but this far better than Arrow, AoS, or Smallville.

For those who are deep into it, if you could help clarify, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Why did Stick kill that chained up kid. It was alluded to that he was some kind of WMD or something, but it was never specified? Maybe he was a telekinetic? I noticed how Foggy was talking about a robot invasion, which obviously is foreshadowing to Age Of Ultron. Was kid that maybe foreshadowing for Scarlet Witch? Any inquires would be appreciated.

Jack Bauer

Old Post Apr 11th, 2015 03:36 PM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Wow. Watching episode 10 and during the scene with Ben and his boss, you can see newspaper articles saying "Battle of New York" and "Harlem Terror: Hulk emerges victorious in destructive uptown battle" hanging on Ben's wall. I love these MCU references! big grin

Jack Bauer

Last edited by Lestov16 on Apr 11th, 2015 at 04:26 PM

Old Post Apr 11th, 2015 04:21 PM
BlackZero30x
Jack

Originally posted by Lestov16
but this far better than Arrow, AoS, or Smallville.

For those who are deep into it, if you could help clarify, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Why did Stick kill that chained up kid. It was alluded to that he was some kind of WMD or something, but it was never specified? Maybe he was a telekinetic? I noticed how Foggy was talking about a robot invasion, which obviously is foreshadowing to Age Of Ultron. Was kid that maybe foreshadowing for Scarlet Witch? Any inquires would be appreciated.

I agree! and im not to sure about the kid but I am pretty sure that it has something to do with [SPOILER - highlight to read]: The Hand.

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Apr 11th, 2015 05:31 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

I'm only on ep. 4 and I feel comfortable saying this show is already better than every comic based show on tv except 'The Flash'. It's ridiculous how much better this is than that steaming pile of shit AoS.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2015 05:41 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

I've seen up to episode 5

Man, Kingpin is a monster

PWNT

Old Post Apr 11th, 2015 05:43 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Had to take a break. Only got 3 hours of sleep because I was up all night binge watching and immediately started when I woke back up. Only 2 episodes left.

Jack Bauer

Old Post Apr 11th, 2015 05:53 PM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Originally posted by Dreampanther
I can already see the next few dozen vs threads involving Daredevil and Arrow. And Daredevil kicking ass.

Daredevil would own Arrow with his enhanced senses and awesome durability. I doubt he would fare successfully against the likes of Cap or WS, but he'd definitely whoop BW and HE in a H2H match. I wonder how he would fare against Ras or Ozy.

Oh the threads I'll be making...smile

*speaking of which, that scene where he dropped the fire extinguisher on the cop's head from IIRC 3 floors up was insane

Jack Bauer

Last edited by Lestov16 on Apr 11th, 2015 at 06:05 PM

Old Post Apr 11th, 2015 06:02 PM
Impediment
Endless

I haven't seen any of Arrow or Flash. Are they on par with Daredevil?

On episode six now. I had to wait for my wife to catch up (I watched episode 5 without her).

I'm loving this show.

FYI, Vanessa is the name of Wilson Fisk's wife in the 22 issue story arc "PunisherMAX" by Jason Aaron and Steve Dillon.

I can't wait to see Fisk's origin episode. While at dinner with Vanessa, Fisk mentioned that his cuff links were his dad's and wears them every day. In PunisherMAX, a young Fisk [SPOILER - highlight to read]: drugs his abusive, alcoholic dad with a paralyzing agent, stuffs cheese into his dad's mouth, and then lets 5 starving rats eat the cheese from his mouth while suffocating him and eating the inside of his mouth. Brutal shit.

I'm wondering if I'll see anything like that.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Apr 11th, 2015 06:21 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Fisk's backstory is epic.

"Keep kicking him!" You'll know what I mean when you see it smile

Jack Bauer

Old Post Apr 11th, 2015 06:27 PM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

the one thing i'll give Affleck Daredevil credit for is that they did a better job depicting his senses. The "world on fire" thing makes sense, i just prefer the way they did it in the Affleck movie.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2015 07:16 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

On episode six now. I had to wait for my wife to catch up (I watched episode 5 without her).

I'm loving this show.

FYI, Vanessa is the name of Wilson Fisk's wife in the 22 issue story arc "PunisherMAX" by Jason Aaron and Steve Dillon.

I can't wait to see Fisk's origin episode. While at dinner with Vanessa, Fisk mentioned that his cuff links were his dad's and wears them every day. In PunisherMAX, a young Fisk [SPOILER - highlight to read]: drugs his abusive, alcoholic dad with a paralyzing agent, stuffs cheese into his dad's mouth, and then lets 5 starving rats eat the cheese from his mouth while suffocating him and eating the inside of his mouth. Brutal shit.

They switched it up for the show. Still a good backstory, though. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 11th, 2015 07:28 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

watched the first 4 eps last night, will watch more episodes in about a hour and a half.. i am liking what i am seeing. much better than that piece of shiite known as affleck daredevil. i am enjoying DD's fight scenes.. Murdock's closing statement in the courtroom was very touching and well written. D'Nofrio as Kingpin was excellent casting. He is great as Fisk.

to those that have watched more eps than me mad mad mad mad but has he gotten the red suit yet? billy club?

I'm loving this show.

arrow and flash are great shows even though arrow story wise this year has been lacking but that is expected for episodic television. last year of arrow and first year of flash on on par with daredevil..

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 11th, 2015 07:36 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
has he gotten the red suit yet? billy club?
This. I've been waiting for the billy club for so long (5 episodes lol).

PWNT

Old Post Apr 11th, 2015 08:02 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote