KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Daredevil

Daredevil
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
but has he gotten the red suit yet?

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Yeah, in the final couple of episodes, he does finally gets his trademark suit (which is also body armor)

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Apr 11th, 2015 08:06 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

Originally posted by Lestov16
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Yeah, in the final couple of episodes, he does finally gets his trademark suit (which is also body armor)

and [SPOILER - highlight to read]: That suit looked so badass imo

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Apr 11th, 2015 08:43 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermutant

On episode 5, no complaints so far as this is a pretty epic show.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2015 11:28 PM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bats2jm

best superhero show ever sorry flash you are still great never loved Arrow.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 01:24 AM
bats2jm is currently offline Click here to Send bats2jm a Private Message Find more posts by bats2jm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Great season. Kingpin was my favorite part about the show though. Easily the best MCU villain yet.

Also was not a fan at all of the suit. It was far too busy and I thought it was pretty terrible. The black outfit looked far better. Hopefully, they make the suit more simple for the Defenders and season 2.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 01:53 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Finished ep 5.

I'm shocked they've really gone the distance with the whole dark and gritty tone. And they've stuck with it. No silly jokes or cheesiness mixed in. It's the first superhero show to do that. Gotham and Arrow both tried it (to a much lesser degree) but could never stick to it for long.

It's a lot less "superhero" than Flash and Arrow but it's really done something different with the whole Law and Order in Reverse.

I will finish the season before I rank this, but man I respect this show having balls.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 01:58 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Originally posted by ares834
Great season. Kingpin was my favorite part about the show. Easily the best MCU villain yet."

Yeah. I hope [SPOILER - highlight to read]: he gets out of jail next season and reunites with Vanessa. She'll probably be waiting for him. Those two made a great couple.. His backstory episode was amazing beginning to end. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: The scene of him looking in the mirror and seeing his bloodied kid self at the beginning was intense.

Speaking of Fisk, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: I was so pissed at Wesley's death. He was such an awesome character and to not only have him die, but at the hands of Karen because he was stupid enough to put a loaded gun in front of an unrestrained captive, was a real bummer. Probably the only part of the show I didn't like, but that's admittedly for subjective reasons.

Jack Bauer

Last edited by Lestov16 on Apr 12th, 2015 at 02:07 AM

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 02:00 AM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

Great season. Kingpin was my favorite part about the show though. Easily the best MCU villain yet.

Also was not a fan at all of the suit. It was far too busy and I thought it was pretty terrible. The black outfit looked far better. Hopefully, they make the suit more simple for the Defenders and season 2.

I personally really liked the suit lol

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 02:07 AM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Good show so far. Just don't like the shaky camera style.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 03:35 AM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Yeah. I hope [SPOILER - highlight to read]: he gets out of jail next season and reunites with Vanessa. She'll probably be waiting for him. Those two made a great couple.. His backstory episode was amazing beginning to end. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: The scene of him looking in the mirror and seeing his bloodied kid self at the beginning was intense.

Yeah that was great. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Also loved the whole idea with the painting as it really showed how f***ed up the guy is. And then at the end his cell looks the same way. Great stuff. As for Vanessa, not only do I expect her to be waiting but I expect she will help break him out.

Speaking of Fisk, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: I was so pissed at Wesley's death. He was such an awesome character and to not only have him die, but at the hands of Karen because he was stupid enough to put a loaded gun in front of an unrestrained captive, was a real bummer. Probably the only part of the show I didn't like, but that's admittedly for subjective reasons.

Loved the character as well [SPOILER - highlight to read]: but he needed to die. He was the catalyst that turned Fisk from a "well intentioned" villain to the black-hearted Kingpin. As for his death, I thought it was handled well. The impression I had was Wesley was more of a "business man" and that he rarely stooped to getting his hands dirty like that. So him making a major mistake wasn't exactly unexpected.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 03:45 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Also was not a fan at all of the suit. It was far too busy and I thought it was pretty terrible.
thumb up

It looks like it was straight out of the Kick Ass-verse.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 12:46 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Having a hard time getting into this. I haven't gotten past the first episode. I really enjoyed the beginning, I liked the fight scene where he takes out those...sex traffickers? I have to say though then it got...a bit boring after that, waiting for them to get to the next exciting sequence.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 02:33 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

"Keep kicking him!" You'll know what I mean when you see it smile

Daaaaaaaamn!!

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 02:58 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Was wondering, IIRC in a flashback, Matt was talking to Foggy about how he took Spanish to get close to a Greek girl, but their relationship didn't pan out. Could this Greek girl be Elektra Natchios?

Jack Bauer

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 03:55 PM
Impediment
Endless

Probably just a nod the the character, like how "magic hammer" and "iron suit" were referenced. Foggy even made a Captain America reference in episode 9.

Last edited by Impediment on Jun 9th, 2015 at 09:25 PM

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 03:59 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Well supposedly Elektra and Bullseye will be showing up next season, so it could be foreshadowing.

Jack Bauer

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 04:01 PM
Impediment
Endless

If so, then nice!

Jason Aaron's Bullseye from PunisherMAX was f*cking insane!! Even more so than the 616 version.

Ever read the story?

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 04:16 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Punisher MAX is one of my single favorite comic series' of all time. It is excellent on pretty much every conceivable level.

If you haven't read it, do so ASAP. You will NOT be disappointed. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 04:20 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Sadly no. While I do enjoy superhero films and TV, I've never been one for comics, although I do know a lot of comic lore and characters.

EDIT: That being stated, I have seen the Bullseye respect thread, and there's an extremely badass version in there who kills practically all of Matt's loved ones, lures him onto a building, taunts him about his no-kill rule, and then blows it up, killing hundreds, while saying "bullseye". If that's the version you're talking about, then yeah. He's absolutely badass.

Jack Bauer

Last edited by Lestov16 on Apr 12th, 2015 at 04:26 PM

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 04:21 PM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

On Episode 12 [SPOILER - highlight to read]: I want Karen to die so bad for what she did to Wesley. He was one of the best characters in my opinion. His scenes with Fisk were always gold.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Apr 12th, 2015 05:35 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote