KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Loki vs The Thing

Loki vs The Thing
Started by: Damborgson

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Loki vs The Thing

Hand to hand, adult loki vs Benjy, who wins?

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Feb 10th, 2015 05:02 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tony Stark
Mr. All Day

Ben literally kills him

Old Post Feb 10th, 2015 05:56 AM
Tony Stark is currently offline Click here to Send Tony Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Tony Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Ben breaks him, Loki realizes he doesn't have enough heart.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Feb 10th, 2015 06:10 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

That'd be fun to watch actually. Loki wouldn't go down easy.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Feb 10th, 2015 10:14 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Even if Loki was able to match Ben physically (and I personally think Ben has the physical advantage on Loki), Loki's heart is nothing compared to Bens...

Ben would be like Joe Frazier (get up after every knock down and power through Loki's worse) and Loki would be like Lennox Lewis (badazz when he's winning, but has a glass jaw; if you can hit him flush, its over)...

Thing wins 10/10 in pure hand to hand combat...

Old Post Feb 10th, 2015 10:25 PM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

I can vividly see Thing (with both eyes swollen nearly shut and bleeding) going strong to Loki's body and making him cough up blood right before delivering the knockout punch...

Old Post Feb 10th, 2015 10:28 PM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Damborgson
That'd be fun to watch actually. Loki wouldn't go down easy.

Loki is actually stronger than people may give him credit. I think that this could go either way.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2015 10:30 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Okay no, Loki is physically stronger then most people would think I agree. But he's not anywhere near the scale of strength The Thing has. Loki only "doesn't go down easy" if Ben is holding back.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2015 10:31 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Originally posted by Stoic
Loki is actually stronger than people may give him credit. I think that this could go either way.

Loki is strong and durable, but he just does not have that "never say die" mind set that Ben has...

Ben had an excellent showing against Champion prior to Marvel jobbing him out like a cheap wh0re...

I imagine that Loki would not have done anywhere near as well as Ben against Classic Champ...

Old Post Feb 10th, 2015 10:35 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Okay wait exactly how strong do you feel Loki is physically? Spiderman level? Luke Cage level? Higher then that? I only ask because you seem to keep talking about how much heart Ben has, and sure Ben has a lot of heart. But Loki could have all the heart in the world and it wouldn't make much of a difference.

Last edited by Surtur on Feb 10th, 2015 at 10:52 PM

Old Post Feb 10th, 2015 10:50 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Surtur
Okay wait exactly how strong do you feel Loki is physically? Spiderman level? Luke Cage level? Higher then that? I only ask because you seem to keep talking about how much heart Ben has, and sure Ben has a lot of heart. But Loki could have all the heart in the world and it wouldn't make much of a difference.

I'd give him roughly class 90-100 range. He has given Thor trouble in the past, and Thor has walked all over the Abomination. Loki is simply never portrayed as the muscle guy because he has more to rely on than just brute strength.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2015 10:55 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Well, if Loki can parry a Mjolnir strike with his sword, that should count for something, right?

Old Post Feb 10th, 2015 10:58 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Loki is also a good deal more agile than Ben, so this IMO would offset any strength advantage if any that Ben would hold over him.Agility in most cases adds to the defense of a character. You can't hurt what you can't hit.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2015 11:01 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Well, if Loki can parry a Mjolnir strike with his sword, that should count for something, right?

No.

That sort of thing happens in comics all the time, regardless of str lv. Shatterstar v Thing, Daken v Skaar, Elektra vs Cl 10 Sil Samurai

Old Post Feb 10th, 2015 11:06 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'd give him roughly class 90-100 range. He has given Thor trouble in the past, and Thor has walked all over the Abomination. Loki is simply never portrayed as the muscle guy because he has more to rely on than just brute strength.

Eh? Class 90? That seems way way way out of Loki's league. When has Thor ever physically struggled against Loki? Thor does things like lift the Midgard Serpent, which was big enough wrap itself around the planet. What has Loki done on that scale? If he got into a physical tussle with Thor one time and didn't immediately die..that doesn't exactly mean he is anywhere near Thor in strength.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2015 11:07 PM
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Scans? I can't think of a single example I've seen for him strength or durability wise, and all I've got to go off of are Handbook entries and trading card ratings, that put him at Class 30.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2015 11:21 PM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Eh? Class 90? That seems way way way out of Loki's league. When has Thor ever physically struggled against Loki? Thor does things like lift the Midgard Serpent, which was big enough wrap itself around the planet. What has Loki done on that scale? If he got into a physical tussle with Thor one time and didn't immediately die..that doesn't exactly mean he is anywhere near Thor in strength.

Why wouldn't it? if he were so much weaker than Thor, Thor would have immediately wrapped him around a pole doing 120 MPH. This didn't happen though. Loki actually held his own for a bit. This isn't something that someone far inferior to another would be able to do. I'm not talking about Loki dancing around and dodging the worst, but actually going head to head with him. Didn't Loki throttle Masterson Thor, and Bill?

Old Post Feb 10th, 2015 11:22 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Delta1938
Scans? I can't think of a single example I've seen for him strength or durability wise, and all I've got to go off of are Handbook entries and trading card ratings, that put him at Class 30.

Yep, personally I was going to maaaybe give him Class 40-50, but that is about it. Ben Grimm is Class 80 and the guy is strong enough to turn skyscrapers into weapons. There is no way Loki is above someone like that.

Why wouldn't it? if he were so much weaker than Thor, Thor would have immediately wrapped him around a pole doing 120 MPH. This didn't happen though. Loki actually held his own for a bit. This isn't something that someone far inferior to another would be able to do. I'm not talking about Loki dancing around and dodging the worst, but actually going head to head with him. Didn't Loki throttle Masterson Thor, and Bill?

Thor didn't immediately wrap him around a pole because it was a comic with bad writing, not because Loki is suddenly a class 90 power house above the likes of Ben Grimm, Colossus, etc.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2015 11:23 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Yep, personally I was going to maaaybe give him Class 40-50, but that is about it. Ben Grimm is Class 80 and the guy is strong enough to turn skyscrapers into weapons. There is no way Loki is above someone like that.

Thor didn't immediately wrap him around a pole because it was a comic with bad writing, not because Loki is suddenly a class 90 power house above the likes of Ben Grimm, Colossus, etc.

Ben is a class 100. Thanos is superior to Thor, but we don't see him picking up the weight of a world. These are characters that rely on more than brute strength, but that does not automatically mean that they are weak. I don't know the context of the throttling that Loki gave Beta Ray Bill, and the Eric Masterson version of Thor, but I googled Thor vs Loki, and saw a scan of Loki beating the mess out of the both of them. In other words he could have been amped. Also this is all about in the comics, which gives us perspective on just how strong these fictional dudes are.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2015 11:43 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ben is a class 100. Thanos is superior to Thor, but we don't see him picking up the weight of a world. These are characters that rely on more than brute strength, but that does not automatically mean that they are weak. I don't know the context of the throttling that Loki gave Beta Ray Bill, and the Eric Masterson version of Thor, but I googled Thor vs Loki, and saw a scan of Loki beating the mess out of the both of them. In other words he could have been amped. Also this is all about in the comics, which gives up perspective on just how strong these fictional dudes are.

The problem is, Loki, in comics, isn't really portrayed as being strong on that level. It's just bad writing, it doesn't mean he's suddenly a class 90 like Captain Britain. Loki has never been like that, or anywhere close.

Let me put it to you another way: If Thor and Loki decided to get into an arm wrestling contest? Loki would lose horribly.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2015 11:44 PM