KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Spiderman returning in an MCU film.

Spiderman returning in an MCU film.
Started by: One_Angry_Scot

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Golgo13
So psyched about this! My favorite Marvel character aside from Hulk and Wolverine interacting with the likes of Thor, Hulk, and possibly GOTG. Good news all around.

I know. This is the biggest news since the announcement of Batman vs Superman.

Spidey was always my favorite Marvel character as a kid, and is still my 2nd favorite after Thor.

Although I'd be more excited to see him team up with Hulk than Thor. Thor doesn't really need team up's stick out tongue

Originally posted by JayDaDon
The only Female spidey film I think would be cool is Spider-gwen.

Well we can have any Spider-Woman now, as they'll be no issue as to who has the rights.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2015 10:56 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by roughrider
I still think Marvel & Disney could have waited Sony out, and eventually gotten the rights free and clear. The latter was the desperate party here; the MCU is the biggest franchise going right now. They don't need to do favours for a rival.

I guess they really care about old Webhead...

Well looks as though Marvel actually paid nothing for this deal, and are doing it completely risk free:

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/d...ies-1201429039/

I guess the biggest risk they're taking is if Sony still makes bad Spider-Man movies it might reflect bad on Marvel as well. But let's face it, do Marvel even have the time/resources to start making Spider-Man movies right now with everything else on their plate?

So Win-Win all around really.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2015 03:15 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Thanks Steve... The Darkside of the force...

Old Post Feb 11th, 2015 08:08 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JayDaDon
G.O.A.T Ranger

Id be happy with either of those two names playing Spidey.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2015 10:42 PM
JayDaDon is currently offline Click here to Send JayDaDon a Private Message Find more posts by JayDaDon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

EEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Although sorry for Garfield.

Still.. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 09:06 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW

You feel sorry for him after tasm2?

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 09:17 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Honestly I still don't get the hate the movie received, it was "overcrowded" but by no means a bad movie. In fact this is the only Spider-man movie where Spider-man was in character the whole time (The first one had less time due to the origin story). Also most of the people complaining about Garfield are "Tobey fans" because he is "perfect for the role of Spider-man" somehow. I guess people are just tired of Spider-man movies. And Sony didn't help it but shoving yet another origin story down our throats.

At the same time I don't get the love DOTFP gets. Other than the Pietro scene I barely remember it. Crapload of characters, angsty Mistique as the main antagonist of all people, and the second you watch the trailer you know it's going to be one of those overly complicated time traveling movies that rape the established continuity. Which it did. Might've as well rebooted the whole thing. I enjoyed the second Wolverine solo movie a whole lot more. Minus the Robo-Samurai that is.

Speaking of which, I'm willing to do all kinds of nasty sex stuff for Fox's CEO just so they'd lend Logan to Marvel long enough for us to get the New Avengers movie.

Last edited by SamZED on Feb 13th, 2015 at 05:16 AM

Old Post Feb 13th, 2015 05:06 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JayDaDon
G.O.A.T Ranger

I'm starting to really see Dylan Obrien as Parker, mostly due to his roles in Teen wolf and the Internship. How about you sam?

Old Post Feb 13th, 2015 06:09 AM
JayDaDon is currently offline Click here to Send JayDaDon a Private Message Find more posts by JayDaDon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulk
Retired Debater

Originally posted by SamZED
EEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Although sorry for Garfield.

Still.. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!
this. Happy but seriously loved AG....

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post Feb 13th, 2015 06:11 AM
TheHulk is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulk a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

I'm starting to really see Dylan Obrien as Parker, mostly due to his roles in Teen wolf and the Internship. How about you sam?
He's got the looks that's for sure. That said I haven't watched Teen wolf so don't know him as an actor. Think he can pull off both Spidey/Pete?

Originally posted by TheHulk
this. Happy but seriously loved AG....
Saddest of all - he's a true Spidey fan.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2015 06:23 PM
StiltmanFTW

@Sam

What the quack don't you get? Overcrowded? No, that wasn't the problem. Everything else was. Including CGI and - obviously - acting. Easily one of the worst movies in the history of comic book movies. People won't forget it.

2014 was a truly incredible year for cb films. Tasm 2 was the only exception. The black sheep.

What's your problem with DoFP? It was respectful towards the entire series, done really well. Magneto = epic win.

Winter Soldier. Gotg. Sin City 2. Everything stomped Tasm 2 which only good scene was the neck snapping from whiplash effect, true to the books.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2015 11:43 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JayDaDon
G.O.A.T Ranger

He's got the looks that's for sure. That said I haven't watched Teen wolf so don't know him as an actor. Think he can pull off both Spidey/Pete?

Saddest of all - he's a true Spidey fan.

He didn't jump out to me as the obvious choice until I thought of him in Internship and TW. He's DEFINITELY got that smartass quality and in the Internship he did look nerdy while still looking like someone MJ would give a second glance. The big surprise usually comes with how they handle being under the mask, but I think he could very easily tap into the character.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 02:12 AM
Firefly218
Browncoat

I'd take Logan Lerman rather than O'Brian as spidey

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 02:30 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834
Grand Moff

Is take neither. Hell, I'd rather have Garfield back than either of those two clowns.

--- You May Fire When Ready ---

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 05:43 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
@Sam

What the quack don't you get? Overcrowded? No, that wasn't the problem. Everything else was. Including CGI and - obviously - acting. Easily one of the worst movies in the history of comic book movies. People won't forget it.

2014 was a truly incredible year for cb films. Tasm 2 was the only exception. The black sheep.

What's your problem with DoFP? It was respectful towards the entire series, done really well. Magneto = epic win.

Winter Soldier. Gotg. Sin City 2. Everything stomped Tasm 2 which only good scene was the neck snapping from whiplash effect, true to the books.

I just don't see it. Think it's the case of "jumping on the bandwagon". Or could be I'm overlooking some of movie's sins because Spider-man was in character for the first time on the big screen. Either way it's nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be.

Respect? It shat on the series. "Hey, kids! Remember those x-men movies you love and grew up watching? They no longer count! Retcon bitchezzz!" The whole movie was a time travel cliche that were so popular in the 80s when the comicbook came out. All the main characters die so dramatically... except not really (honestly were you fooled even for a second?) Also Stilt remember when you were a kid and every week you were dying to read all about Magneto/Xavier/Mistique love triangle in the x-men comics? I vaguely remember that. In the same issue where Kitty discovered her time travel powers for the first time. I could go on but there was a Family Guy episode that sums it up a lot better. Bryan: So none of this really happened? Isn't that like a giant FU to all the people who wasted time watching it? Stewie: Yeah well, who gives a crap.

Tbh GOTG and Winter Soldier stomped all over both TASM and DOTFP. No contest.

Last edited by SamZED on Feb 14th, 2015 at 08:05 AM

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 07:56 AM
SamZED

He didn't jump out to me as the obvious choice until I thought of him in Internship and TW. He's DEFINITELY got that smartass quality and in the Internship he did look nerdy while still looking like someone MJ would give a second glance. The big surprise usually comes with how they handle being under the mask, but I think he could very easily tap into the character.
If they choose him I'm gonna have to watch Teen wolf, just to get the idea. big grin

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 08:02 AM
StiltmanFTW

"Some" sins? It's a chore to go through that poor excuse for a movie. Not a single actor was likable. Hell, couldn't watch it without pausing it a few times. And remember, I haven't complained shit about any previous webhead movies. Even though Tasm 1 now kind of looks bad, that's how awful the sequel is.

DoFP, not DoTFP. It had Tyrion Lannister in it; your argument is invalid. Retcons happen all the time, your own walllicker got rebooted. Who knows, probably getting the treatment again, now, as we speak.

I hope Jester and Jack will rape Parker on the big screen. That's what he deserves.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 11:15 AM
Darth Thor

Respect? It shat on the series. "Hey, kids! Remember those x-men movies you love and grew up watching? They no longer count! Retcon bitchezzz!"

Don't really agree given it worked wonders for Star Trek.

Plus they may never have happened but Wolverine remembers them all, and let's face it, they were all just Wolverine movies, so he's really the only guy who needs to remember. So his character development (the only character development in those movies) still counts, because he still remembers all that.

So yeah I'm not crying over that Original timeline, the one where Cyclops lived and died a useless life, being wiped out.

That being said I also completely disagree with StiltmanFTW. Garfield was an Awesome Spider-Man, And the romance between Gwen and Peter was a really nice one. As was the whole concept of TASM Imho.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 02:35 PM
SamZED

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
"Some" sins? It's a chore to go through that poor excuse for a movie. Not a single actor was likable. Hell, couldn't watch it without pausing it a few times. And remember, I haven't complained shit about any previous webhead movies. Even though Tasm 1 now kind of looks bad, that's how awful the sequel is.

DoFP, not DoTFP. It had Tyrion Lannister in it; your argument is invalid. Retcons happen all the time, your own walllicker got rebooted. Who knows, probably getting the treatment again, now, as we speak.

I hope Jester and Jack will rape Parker on the big screen. That's what he deserves.
What EVAH Rhino car chase is still the best and most accurate depiction of Spider-man on screen. You never complained before because you secretly like Tobey, give it up, I figured you out.

"DoFP, not DoTFP" really, Stilt? Really? I expected better from you. Yeah, they rebooted the movie. That's a whole different story. DOFP actually made a retcon within the same movie universe, that's considered a lazy writing when it happens in comics. Even if it happens once every three decades. Seriously, DoFP is the Brand New Day of comicbook movies.

Jester is what Sabertooth wishes to be when he becomes a real villain. evil face

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 07:29 PM
SamZED

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Don't really agree given it worked wonders for Star Trek.

Plus they may never have happened but Wolverine remembers them all, and let's face it, they were all just Wolverine movies, so he's really the only guy who needs to remember. So his character development (the only character development in those movies) still counts, because he still remembers all that.

So yeah I'm not crying over that Original timeline, the one where Cyclops lived and died a useless life, being wiped out.

That being said I also completely disagree with StiltmanFTW. Garfield was an Awesome Spider-Man, And the romance between Gwen and Peter was a really nice one. As was the whole concept of TASM Imho.
thumb up I enjoyed their chemistry. Didn't watch Star Trek. Thought it was a reboot, not a retcon?

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 07:30 PM