KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Spiderman returning in an MCU film.

Spiderman returning in an MCU film.
Started by: One_Angry_Scot

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Rhino car chase was dumb. 'Come to daddy' line while catching shit almost made me vomit. Tobey wasn't in tasm1 and you didn't hear me say a thing.

Even Mindset liked dofp. And usually he doesn't notice anything that doesn't have several rape scenes in it.

Sabretooth, not Sabertooth.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 08:26 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

TASM2 was so bad they are rebooting the franchise... Again!

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 09:08 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SamZED
thumb up I enjoyed their chemistry. Didn't watch Star Trek. Thought it was a reboot, not a retcon?

It was retcon like DOFP. Time Travel changed the past so the future is all changed and open. But they did mention the words "Alternate reality". So many Star Trek fans are assuming the original Trek still exists as another reality. But I personally think the alternate reality they referred to was the changing timeline.

Although I really enjoyed both DOFP and the new Star Trek, I do agree that they should either do Pure Prequels (like X-Men: First Class) or Pure Reboots (like MOS or Batman Begins).

Because Time Travel retcons get caught between the confusing "Is this a Prequel or a Reboot" grey area. The new Terminator's also taking that route.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 11:22 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by ares834

It's being rebooted to fit into the MCU without confusion. Not because TASM2 was bad. Although TASM2's underwhelming financial performance likely did make Sony open to a deal with Marvel.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 11:24 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

If they choose him I'm gonna have to watch Teen wolf, just to get the idea. big grin

Or just check the Internship. It's been a while since I saw it but from what I remember, he was pretty much Peter Parker in the flesh whilst being kind of a dick.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 15th, 2015 06:05 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

@Stilt That's a very Spider-man thing to say, you didn't like it because you're still struggling with your latent attraction to the character, it'll pass. Also if you can stomach one second of Tobey's Spider-man voice nothing should make you nauseous.

Must be that Mystique bullet scene, felt pretty rapey. Also your childhood should feel violated after watching DoFP. That counts as rape too.

Nobody cares what that loser's called, Stilt. Nobody cares.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2015 01:00 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Originally posted by JayDaDon
Or just check the Internship. It's been a while since I saw it but from what I remember, he was pretty much Peter Parker in the flesh whilst being kind of a dick.

(please log in to view the image)
Looks awesome. Parker chilling at the DB. big grin

Old Post Feb 15th, 2015 01:02 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
It was retcon like DOFP. Time Travel changed the past so the future is all changed and open. But they did mention the words "Alternate reality". So many Star Trek fans are assuming the original Trek still exists as another reality. But I personally think the alternate reality they referred to was the changing timeline.

Although I really enjoyed both DOFP and the new Star Trek, I do agree that they should either do Pure Prequels (like X-Men: First Class) or Pure Reboots (like MOS or Batman Begins).

Because Time Travel retcons get caught between the confusing "Is this a Prequel or a Reboot" grey area. The new Terminator's also taking that route.
Maybe it works better for some than others. I'm biased, don't like retcons and time travel movies. DoFT has both. sad

Old Post Feb 15th, 2015 01:08 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by ares834

laughing out loud

Pretty much, yes.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2015 04:43 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

Pretty much, yes.
Are you ignoring me? miffed

NEED. ATTENTION!!!

Old Post Feb 15th, 2015 06:54 PM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

thumb up I enjoyed their chemistry. Didn't watch Star Trek. Thought it was a reboot, not a retcon?

It was pretty much a retcon

Old Post Feb 15th, 2015 06:58 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Are you ignoring me? miffed

NEED. ATTENTION!!!

Norman with a "scary" voice, bs disease and claws. Pussy Harry aka angry retard. Jaimie Fox trying to get the worst actor ever award by playing an awkward spidey fanboy who sucks balls at everything and gets raped by mutated eels.

Goblin getting ko'd and sleeping through everything instead of getting punished for killing Stacey. Lame ass jokes, lame ass dialogues, lame ass cgi, lame ass everything. The movie was a disaster.

Tasm2 = IM3 = Batman and Robin. That bad, yes.

Superman Returns looks like a masterpiece compared to it.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2015 01:47 AM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

Tasm2 = IM3 = Batman and Robin. That bad, yes.

More like...

IM3 > TASM2 >>>>>>>>>>> Batman and Robin

Old Post Feb 16th, 2015 06:59 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Yeah anybody comparing ASM2 to batman and robin sounds like an outright hater.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2015 09:41 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Yeah TASM2 and IM3 were massive disappointments. Batman and Robin though was just on a proper level of "this sucks."

Old Post Feb 16th, 2015 10:49 AM
Darth Thor

Good article explaining why Marvel won't go for X-Men like they did for Spider-Man anytime soon:

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/artat...s_wolverine.php

Old Post Feb 18th, 2015 12:04 PM
WhiteWitchKing

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Good article explaining why Marvel won't go for X-Men like they did for Spider-Man anytime soon:

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/artat...s_wolverine.php

MCU can go around this by just having a few mutants living among man kind: Wolverine, Apocalpyse, Xavier, Magneto, etc. in Phase 4 or 5. Have a Marvel event where the Power Gem or Reality Gem ripples throughout the Earth and activating the X gene latent in humans thanks to the Celestials. A revise House of M no more mutant deal. Have somebody like Apocalypse do it. As the world fills up with mutants, man kind becomes wary and fearful of all super heroes. Xavier forms the X-Men to fight for peace between the mutants and human. Magneto uses this opportunity to fight for mutant dominance. The Avengers still protect mankind but is less trusted by the population. This gives way to the Dark Reign type story line where Norman Obsorn and Hammer to over the police of the world.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2015 04:11 AM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
MCU can go around this by just having a few mutants living among man kind: Wolverine, Apocalpyse, Xavier, Magneto, etc.

Yeah something like that could work. Since they already have 2 (QS and SW). I just think it would be complicated introducing a whole race of mutants at this point. (The Inhumans are mostly in their own hidden city presumably).

You know David Koepp recently gave his ideas for the Spider-Man movies (how he wanted to do it) with different series of films with different continuities:

http://screenrant.com/spider-man-da...ranchise-ideas/

I really think he's on to something, if the different superhero studios would pay attention to that idea.

Fox could begin a new X-Men continuity working with Marvel to take place in the MCU and call the new films something different like "Uncanny X-Men," whilst still carrying on the Hugh Jackman movies separately.

Similarly Sony could carry on with their new MCU Spider-Man calling it "Spectacular Spider-Man" or whatever, whilst simultaneously finishing off their TASM series with Garfield, and do their Sinister Six stuff in the TASM Universe (they already wasted a movie building that up).

I think that would really work for all the studios, and give Marvel all their own characters back to play with. And hey different continuities at the same time have often taken place in the comic world.

I guess anything's possible now after the Marvel/Sony deal. Feige's really made film history with that deal Imho.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2015 11:30 AM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

As long as we're getting good movies from Fox, I'd prefer X-Men and MCU stay separate.

Spidey and MCU though, that's match just fits.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2015 04:26 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Firefly218
As long as we're getting good movies from Fox, I'd prefer X-Men and MCU stay separate.

I don't mind that either tbh, because X-Men is such a Huge Universe in and of itself. They've actually got 3 X-Men related films out next year (Deadpool, Apocalypse and Gambit) and they can do all the crossovers they want between them. Not to mention they have Fantastic Four. Assuming they ever do anything good with that, they can cross that over with X-Men. So they have their own Marvel Universe to play with really.

But what do you think of the idea of making another X-Men Universe Fox can share with Marvel while carrying on the Singer series as well?

Originally posted by Firefly218
Spidey and MCU though, that's match just fits.

thumb up

Marvel's Poster Boy and Biggest Icon sat all alone with Sony was just wrong.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2015 04:40 PM