KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Spiderman returning in an MCU film.

Spiderman returning in an MCU film.
Started by: One_Angry_Scot

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

Won't be happy if this is true. I want Peter Parker to be in the MCU. Miles Morales can come later but Parker first for me please. Otherwise my excitement for this will suddenly drop if Parker is a casualty of Spider-Man's transfer to the MCU:

https://uk.yahoo.com/movies/next-sp...1650967329.html

http://comicbook.com/2015/02/21/rum...be-peter-parke/

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 11:33 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Didnt marvel say it would be Peter in civil war atleast?

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 12:04 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

I think they might go with Morales, because of the whole diversity issue. Wb/dc has a bunch of diversity when it's all said and done. Aquaman, Cyborg, Black Adam, Wonder Woman, etc... all non white. Will Smith as Deadshot, too. Not to mention Marvel is seriously looking to Angelina directing Captain Marvel. Following WB's decision for hiring McLaren to direct WW.

I can easily see Peter, but if they get Morales, it's likely because they want diversity. I'll be happy with either.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 01:09 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Didnt marvel say it would be Peter in civil war atleast?

The guy from the Wrap is saying it might still be Peter Parker but either way he almost definitely won't be white:

http://screenrant.com/spider-man-ma...7-casting-race/

This is the bit that's worrying me:

White actors are still going out for Spider-Man but their reps are telling me they think Sony is leaning "ethnic."

So white actors from the get go are not going to have much chance of landing this part. So there goes your Dylan O Brian and Logan Lerman.

I think Sony still doesn't get the most important thing is to get an actor whose going to own the part. Not leaning to one color or another to try and prove a point.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 01:23 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Have Peter Parker (played by Tobey Maguire) serve as a mentor for Miles.

thumb up

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 01:27 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Golgo13
I think they might go with Morales, because of the whole diversity issue.

Morales is just gonna confuse the heck out of audiences Imo. You can't just switch Spider-Man like that in the next movie. There needs to be a transition.

So if Rhodes takes over as IM, then at least there's been some transition there, first introducing the character then making him War Machine e.t.c.

And it would be such a downer to finally after all these years get Spider-Man in the MCU, only to not have Peter Parker making it there.

I really don't think Sony's in a position with it's Spider-Man franchise to take that kind of risk tbh.

Originally posted by ares834
Have Peter Parker (played by Tobey Maguire) serve as a mentor for Miles.

thumb up

Honestly something like that could work. But there has to be that transition from Parker to Morales.

You can't just suddenly ignore Parker and have Morales instead.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Feb 24th, 2015 at 01:31 AM

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 01:28 AM
Super-flare

Originally posted by DARTH POWER

This is the bit that's worrying me:

White actors are still going out for Spider-Man but their reps are telling me they think Sony is leaning "ethnic."

So white actors from the get go are not going to have much chance of landing this part. So there goes your Dylan O Brian and Logan Lerman.

I think Sony still doesn't get the most important thing is to get an actor whose going to own the part. Not leaning to one color or another to try and prove a point.

And why does this worry you?

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 01:31 AM
Super-flare is currently offline Click here to Send Super-flare a Private Message Find more posts by Super-flare Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Morales is just gonna confuse the heck out of audiences Imo. You can't just switch Spider-Man like that in the next movie. There needs to be a transition.

So if Rhodes takes over as IM, then at least there's been some transition there, first introducing the character then making him War Machine e.t.c.

And it would be such a downer to finally after all these years get Spider-Man in the MCU, only to not have Peter Parker making it there.

I really don't think Sony's in a position with it's Spider-Man franchise to take that kind of risk tbh.

Honestly something like that could work. But there has to be that transition from Parker to Morales.

You can't just suddenly ignore Parker and have Morales instead.

Good points. Although, if they go with a black Peter Parker, I'd be disappointed. I'd rather have Morales instead.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 01:34 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Golgo13
Good points. Although, if they go with a black Peter Parker, I'd be disappointed. I'd rather have Morales instead.

Marvel aint Fox, they're not gonna make Peter Parker black

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 01:51 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Super-flare

Originally posted by Firefly218
Marvel aint Fox, they're not gonna make Peter Parker black

They will.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 02:06 AM
Super-flare is currently offline Click here to Send Super-flare a Private Message Find more posts by Super-flare Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Were basing all this off of what one random dude says though? I'm gonna need something more concrete.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 02:39 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

"One random dude"? Sure, he could be wrong. But let's not pretend this is some random guy talking out of his ass.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 03:42 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

He's a reporter *shrug* nothing confirmed or even close

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 06:50 AM
Darth Thor

Were basing all this off of what one random dude says though? I'm gonna need something more concrete.

He's known for breaking superhero scoops. He's heard rumours from studio reps, but I also think he wants this and thinks it's a great idea which is why he's saying "95%". But even on his twitter he has noted white actors can still audition.

I'd honestly say it's 50/50 at this point.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 08:49 AM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Super-flare
And why does this worry you?

Because if they're "leaning" towards a certain colour then they're not looking for the actor whose going to "own" the role and instead are looking to be bold and lead a massive policy change to the comic book movie world.

And look if they do this at this point then either they jump straight into Miles Morales and ignore Peter Parker which I think would be a terrible idea, or they possibly make Parker black which I don't see the need for when you can transition to Miles Morales later on.

But if they're casting Parker but looking at ALL races to find the guy who Owns the role, then I'm all for it.

I mean why they just going for black/latino? Why not then consider chinese and indian as well?

Last edited by Darth Thor on Feb 24th, 2015 at 09:01 AM

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 08:58 AM
BruhMan
World Champion

I'll just take the Golgo mindset and wait until we get something more official.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 03:27 PM
Darth Thor

I'll just take the Golgo mindset and wait until we get something more official.

Fair enough. I would just prepare for the possible shock now though. The gist I'm getting is they (Sony) are looking for a radically different take on the character to keep people interested, seen as this is the 2nd reboot in the last few years.

Although I would personally think being in the MCU would get everyone interested enough.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 03:52 PM
BruhMan
World Champion

Im also wondering what marvel is thinking on this. If those plans dont line up with Marvel's cap 3 we may end up with 2 Spideys.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 05:27 PM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

There's no reason to change the race. **** diversity.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 06:24 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Firefly218
There's no reason to change the race. **** diversity.

laughing out loud

So true.

Honestly I hate this idea just as much as I would hate them making Blade white.

Bring in Miles Morales later on if they want to diversify, but first I want Peter Parker interacting with Tony Stark and the Hulk. We've waited years for this, so I hate this idea.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 06:37 PM