KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Spiderman returning in an MCU film.

Spiderman returning in an MCU film.
Started by: One_Angry_Scot

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
^ Yep. People should read this guy's resume before saying "this is nothing to get excited about".

That person is probably too lazy to him up on Imdb.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2015 01:29 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

Originally posted by Firefly218
Goddard wrote several brilliant episodes of Buffy, Angel and Alias. He also wrote for the TV show Lost.

He even did a terrific job with Cloverfield.
you mean he is Whedons friend?

The less said about Lost the better, the writing in that show wasn't its strong suit

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2015 05:28 PM
Henry_Pym is currently offline Click here to Send Henry_Pym a Private Message Find more posts by Henry_Pym Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

^ Yep. People should read this guy's resume before saying "this is nothing to get excited about".

He was also spearheading the upcoming Daredevil series for Marvel, before he quit that to do Sinister Six. And Marvel was happy with his work/ideas on that.
Sony have also tried to hang on to his Sinister Six concept throughout the whole Spider-Man reboot, so he must have had some great ideas which they didn't want to let go of.

So yeah this isn't confirmed, but if it's true this would be a really good choice. The kind of choice Marvel would make.

well you know who golgo is waiting to get approval from and then he'll get all excited about Goddard..

IHMO, Goddard is good for this as I believe he will do a kickass job

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2015 06:29 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Henry_Pym
you mean he is Whedons friend?

The less said about Lost the better, the writing in that show wasn't its strong suit

Yeah, he's friends with Whedon. That's not the reason for his hiring though. Sony had Goddard working on Spiderman long before Marvel made the deal for Spiderman.

I actually haven't seen Lost, so I can't speak for it. I have seen every episode of Buffy, Angel and Alias he's written, and it's easy to tell that he's a terrific writer. Cabin in the Woods had shown he can be a great director too.

Also, I've heard jj abrams praise Goddard on many occasions. That's gotta carry some weight.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2015 06:47 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
well you know who golgo is waiting to get approval from and then he'll get all excited about Goddard..

IHMO, Goddard is good for this as I believe he will do a kickass job

Who?

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2015 07:19 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

He was also spearheading the upcoming Daredevil series for Marvel, before he quit that to do Sinister Six. And Marvel was happy with his work/ideas on that.
Sony have also tried to hang on to his Sinister Six concept throughout the whole Spider-Man reboot, so he must have had some great ideas which they didn't want to let go of.

So yeah this isn't confirmed, but if it's true this would be a really good choice. The kind of choice Marvel would make.

I'm not saying it's going to be bad, but there is nothing on his resume that gets me pumped up.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2015 07:33 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Golgo13
I'm not saying it's going to be bad, but there is nothing on his resume that gets me pumped up.

But weren't you pumped up for the Wonder Woman director because she's directed a few episodes of Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones?

I'd say working Buffy and Angel is good experience for a property like Spider-Man. Plus he's a talented guy in terms of his ideas.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2015 07:46 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

There was nothing to get pumped up about on the Russo Brothers' resume before Cap 2 or Jon Favreau's resume before Iron Man.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2015 07:51 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

YES! Very good choice, WB!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?...le&id=57316

thumb up Yeah, and supposedly she is the co writer for the movie. Couldn't be more happy. Michelle has proven herself.

Has she written anything good before?

Nothing major, but she's going to have a writing team behind her. It's her directing skills that are important.

Originally posted by krisblaze
Then why couldn't you be more happy?

Like I said, nothing major. It's her directing that I'm excited about. Plus, she's not writing this alone. She'll have a team.

Originally posted by krisblaze
Okay, so nothing major.

But what has she written?

Obviously "you couldn't be more excited" for a reason. What is that reason?

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2015 08:03 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

But weren't you pumped up for the Wonder Woman director because she's directed a few episodes of Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones?

I'd say working Buffy and Angel is good experience for a property like Spider-Man. Plus he's a talented guy in terms of his ideas.

I've been actually impressed with her episodes unlike Goddard. I'm not a huge Cabin In the Woods fan. Like I said, IMO, Goddard hasn't done anything that has impressed me. That does not equate for the movie being bad.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2015 08:52 PM
Senor Cage

There was nothing to get pumped up about on the Russo Brothers' resume before Cap 2 or Jon Favreau's resume before Iron Man.

Right. I didn't say the movie is going to suck, just asking what he has done that people are getting pumped up about. Films like Cloverfield and Cabin in the Woods isn't an automatic slam dunk for me.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2015 08:55 PM
Darth Thor

Exactly! Goddard would be a very "Marvel" choice. Finding someone talented but who hasn't done a major blockbuster yet.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2015 08:56 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I've been actually impressed with her episodes unlike Goddard.

Just like I've been impressed with Goddard's work on Buffy and Angel. Which are pretty relevant franchises. Anyone who can do Buffy well would likely do High School Spider-Man well Imho.

Add to that his passion for the Spider-Man Universe makes this a Great choice (IF it's true).

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2015 09:03 PM
Senor Cage

Just like I've been impressed with Goddard's work on Buffy and Angel. Which are pretty relevant franchises. Anyone who can do Buffy well would likely do High School Spider-Man well Imho.

Add to that his passion for the Spider-Man Universe makes this a Great choice (IF it's true).

I'm only speaking for myself, of course! But people here get sensitive when people question Marvel like they can do no wrong. laughing out loud But that's hardly the case, IMO. They've done some great stuff (Primarily Avengers and GOTG), but half of their films are average to below.

Time will tell who the director is, but for me, Goddard is a question mark. At least for me. Seeing as he's working with Whedon, it will probably be good, anyway.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2015 09:23 PM
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

Yeah, he's friends with Whedon. That's not the reason for his hiring though. Sony had Goddard working on Spiderman long before Marvel made the deal for Spiderman.

I actually haven't seen Lost, so I can't speak for it. I have seen every episode of Buffy, Angel and Alias he's written, and it's easy to tell that he's a terrific writer. Cabin in the Woods had shown he can be a great director too.

Also, I've heard jj abrams praise Goddard on many occasions. That's gotta carry some weight.
you have any proof that Goddard has been working on Spider-Man before December? And that's just the date of the leak.

Sony saw what Whedons did for Avengers and I'd say it's easily traceable that Whedons recommended him. Also working on your buddy's show isn't a great show of ability.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2015 10:47 PM
Henry_Pym is currently offline Click here to Send Henry_Pym a Private Message Find more posts by Henry_Pym Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

you have any proof that Goddard has been working on Spider-Man before December? And that's just the date of the leak.

Sony saw what Whedons did for Avengers and I'd say it's easily traceable that Whedons recommended him. Also working on your buddy's show isn't a great show of ability.

News came out that Goddard was writing the Sinister Six script in the beginning of 2014, well before Sony got fvcked with TASM 2.

You have any proof Whedon recommended him? And even if he did, Sony won't just take his word for gospel.

Working on his buddy's show? You do realize that Goddard had to write a spec script, interview and compete to get a job on Buffy. It was only after Goddard was hired and did quality Buffy work that he and Whedon became friends. Also, Whedon wasn't even the person who first hired Goddard. Marti Knoxin, who became the head writer on Buffy after Whedon went to work on Angel and Firefly, is the one who found, interviewed and hired Goddard.

Be a little optimistic... I'm tellin ya this guy is talented.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2015 11:04 PM
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

They take Feigie's as gospel and he LOVES Whedon.

I'm fine with him, but I'm not "excited".

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2015 11:17 PM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

They take Feigie's as gospel and he LOVES Whedon.

I'm fine with him, but I'm not "excited".

Anyone who's familiar with Whedon's work that doesn't absolutely LOVE him is insane. The Avengers is actually one of Whedon's weaker works, and that's impressive imo.

Fair enough, I wasn't excited about the Russos either.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2015 11:39 PM
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

I STRONGLY disagree, it's far an away the most critically and financially important in his career of work.

thumb up cool

Old Post Mar 4th, 2015 12:25 AM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Fair enough, I wasn't excited about the Russos either.

Same. Now I'm actually excited that they are the front runners to direct infinity war over Whedon.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2015 12:28 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote